Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Welp, Cole showed me not very creative at all.

Here is my biggest issue with the response. None of it sounds genuine, it's almost like he was searching Twitter to find something to say about Dot. All the album talk could apply to Cole outside of the classic piece. Cole doesn't have a undeniable classic, the closest projects are arguable amongst the people. I'm a huge fan of FHD btw. All Cole can lean on is his feature run which is great but his overall catalog is iffy. And the nerve of him to call somebody's music boring when that's been the running joke about his music for years (I've always disagreed with this but understood the perspective).

I haven't heard the rest of the project yet but I'm sure it's pretty good. Unfortunately, it may be overshadowed by this ok response. I'd rather him release this song separate from the project.

It felt like that was the very last song he recorded and added it to that album while doing a deep sigh. That’s definitely a track he should’ve put out totally separate. It’s like he added that with a deep sigh.

Last edited:
Not for nothing, I think I'm done checking out any new music from Camron.
He can still drop a decent verse here and there, but he's definitely lost a step. And his voice...it's not drastically different but it's missing energy in a big way.

He can still drop a decent verse here and there, but he's definitely lost a step. And his voice...it's not drastically different but it's missing energy in a big way.
Yeah his voice has definitely changed. Sounds a little more hoarse.

Yea his voice is pretty hard to listen to these days, especially over a full project. He’s not nearly as bad as current Boosie, but he’s approaching that territory.

This glorilla is jamming.
She so ghetto and country i love it. She gives me butterflies

IMG_1059.gif

I'm 6 songs in and it's fire but this Fever song is the most Drake-like record I've ever heard :lol: so glad he's not on that tour anymore.
Fever badly sticks out like a sore thumb :lol: feels like how one of those early Cole singles sounded on ‘Sideline Story’. Can’t remember what it was called but I’m sure you know which one I’m talking about

I think he can make a good song here and there, but I think his love for rap went away a minute ago. I think he raps now, because he has a bigger spotlight and because he thinks people expect it. He can't go Joe Budden and just give it up, because that's what he's known for.

I think he can make a good song here and there, but I think his love for rap went away a minute ago. I think he raps now, because he has a bigger spotlight and because he thinks people expect it. He can't go Joe Budden and just give it up, because that's what he's known for.
Yeah his love for it and the support as well. I remember one of his latest projects the mixing was pretty terrible

Also, the more Cole responds, the worse off Drake will be and the more likely Drake won’t respond. It’s only so much to say about KDot so in a way, Cole gon use up all the material and it’s gon sound stale by the time Drake decides to respond. Buddy gotta get in the booth.

Back
Top Bottom