Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is still a problem with R&B today. A lot of singers still chasing this garbage *** sound.

It’s wild that people think you need some uptempo **** to get a party cracking. That 90s R&B used to have women ready to give it all away. You can easily have a dope pool party with R&B playing. It’s why you see so many female R&B singers doing well and all these venues throwing R&B parties now.
Bingo. Hip hop and r&b music at parties was always way better for dancing with females. That jump up and down music is for those who cant dance.

Its crazy cause i actually did start getting into house music around 08/09 but the watered down version that made it mainstream with well known r&b and pop artists a few years later always missed the mark imo.

Playing a Skillz album is crazy :lol:

I played his major label album for the first time a month or two ago, I didn’t finish it but the joints I heard sounded good. I didn’t go back and finish so it’s not like I’m gassing the album up.

Wale’s music still trash and I’m assuming Skillz is too cause I don’t think he had an album again.

I was highly pissed off when Usher and NeYo started doing that Jersey Shore fist pump music. :lol: :smh:

NeYo was coming off like 3 straight great albums, Usher is Usher. That helped kill R&B. Now all these dudes don't know if they wanna sing or rap, most of 'em can't really sing anyway.

That Bryson Tiller ****, what she want is trash to me. Joint is real generic. All this **** sound like hashtag music that's cool for 4-6 months.

I was highly pissed off when Usher and NeYo started doing that Jersey Shore fist pump music. :lol: :smh:

NeYo was coming off like 3 straight great albums, Usher is Usher. That helped kill R&B. Now all these dudes don't know if they wanna sing or rap, most of 'em can't really sing anyway.

That Bryson Tiller ****, what she want is trash to me. Joint is real generic. All this **** sound like hashtag music that's cool for 4-6 months.
Bryson album actually solid outside that single…

One thing I do like about current R&B is the infusion of afrobeats

I remember really messing with that Skillz album from maybe 2007 or 2008. Had “So Far So Good” with Common and Kweli and “Don’t Act Like You Don’t Know” with Freeway. I know he has other albums after that but I kind of just fell out of listening to him.

Do Joe and Skillz got some past issues? Why Skillz going at Joe like this? :lol:

Did Skillz have some major career that I somehow missed? Joe had the gold album, big singles, huge beefs and critically acclaimed mixtapes. I don’t know what Skillz did other than lose his yearly song to Murda and put out an album that I didn’t hear until almost 30 years later.

As a big fan of Usher this was all bad. :lol:

I get it, this is the "I'm in miami with a great value Kardashian look alike" I get it but no.

Listening to Beyonce as she's aged, a discussion needs to be had about Usher and how he's been aging in R&B. He's trying to be R&B Drake and that's not a good thing. How your album brick with the Super Bowl?

Do Joe and Skillz got some past issues? Why Skillz going at Joe like this? :lol:

I think Skillz took offense to Joe talking about Uncle Murda taking what Skillz is known for a few years back

I'm befuddled, because most people only know Skillz for wrap ups and

How are you going to diss someone who was more successful and is more known than you trying to downplay them.

Listening to Beyonce has she's aged, a discussion needs to be had about Usher and how he's been aging in R&B. He's trying to be R&B Drake and that's not a good thing.
I feel like he fumbled the hell out his Tiny Desk to Super Bowl moment. People clearly wanted love ballad Usher and he dropped an album that a present day 24 year old would drop. How is your early music more mature than your current music in your 40s????

I feel like he fumbled the hell out his Tiny Desk to Super Bowl moment. People clearly wanted love ballad Usher and he dropped an album that a present day 24 year old would drop. How is your early music more mature than your current music in your 40s????

Weird b

I basically grew up to Usher and didn't **** with Beyonce. It's reversed. I'm not sure what he's been doing for a minute and he doesn't seem to get the hint with his sales and just chugs along trying to do whatever is popular at the moment.

It's weird, he's a legacy act now at this point, because people only check for his old ****.

Didn't know Beans could have signed with Bad Boy

If you think Rocafella treated him poorly, if early Beans ended up at Bad Boy he would have been just like Dep and Loon if not worse. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom