Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

My viewpoint Drake came in the game fanned out, naive and eager to collaborate with all these dudes. It’s some truth in Ross bars about him wanting to be down with the crew.

That was his misstep though. He calling these dudes his brothers, big upping them on stage, had a signed mic by Pusha T when secretly all these ****** don’t rock with you. He should have just came in did his records and tours with dudes and kept it pushing. Too friendly, I’ve been hearing as far back as 2015/16 most rappers don’t **** with him and think he’s a corny lame lol. I think it come down to he doesn’t come from that same background and he came off eager to fit in with them.

I have no sympathy for him though cause i think the last few years he realized it and that why his music changed ( Pusha referenced the angry tone shift in his music) and he started with all the subliminal shots. He knew this day was coming or he should have.
ADVERTISEMENT​

I agree. I think a lot of people finally speaking their mind. Most of Drake's "bros" it's industry stuff. When you not really homies like that it's easy to break a fake friendship with something small. When Drake bought 21 a whip when dude just came out it was obvious he forces these phony relationships. You can be the biggest Drake fan (not you, in general) and admit that's weird. You don't even know this _.

Every new rapper that gets hot he has to show everybody he knows about them too, he's a try hard. He wants to be included in everything. He almost 40 still doing this corny "I'm hip too" act. It definitely helps having the most popular rapper co-sign you but we've seen it can also backfire.

I just saw a tweet that said Drake was still on Degrassi when port of Miami was released wowww lol

That's what I was saying earlier. Ross ain't need Drake for his success. POM, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap all them. 21 is the only _ that needs Drake. Still crazy they beef'n, Ross and Drake been making records for damn near 15 years.

Last edited:
“You never wanted to be a ninja”
1713067892635.gif

The White boy lines was the most entertaining thing about all of this. Where’s the adidon esque

The grammy argument is such a weak angle. Although they get it wrong at times; all these artist were elated when they first got nominated and or won. But once they started seeing that the grammys are mostly quality >> quantity and popularity, dudes started dissing it. Also, if the grammys were truly all political, a pop star type artist like Drake would have way more than Kendrick. Drake is way safer choice than Kendrick.

Last edited:
I’m more intrigued that Drake managed to piss off all these people who have no problem saying eff him publicly. Thats just bad business.

Back
Top Bottom