Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Not a plant but giving up a career that was probably paying him close to 6 figures straight outta HS, on national tv up in Canada to rap is weird to me. Most rappers would trade the rap careers to be actors in a heartbeat. It’s like Will Smith quitting acting after Fresh Prince to be a full time rapper. For what? I guess dude just had dreams of being a popular rapper.
Sounds like a plant to me
He was promised a wealthy rap career, and that’s exactly what happened overnight.
Drake and his style of music was forced on us

No Diddy

I don't know if Drake is a plant cuz his success wasn't fast. Comeback season was what 06? He didn't get discovered by Jas Prince and Wayne til 08 but once the machine got ahold of him they made sure he stayed in a certain spot. Him being Jewish definitely plays a role.

I don't know if Drake is a plant cuz his success wasn't fast. Comeback season was what 06? He didn't get discovered by Jas Prince and Wayne til 08 but once the machine got ahold of him they made sure he stayed in a certain spot. Him being Jewish definitely plays a role.
It was 2007
By 2009 he was literally the biggest thing in rap with no album.

I guess the powers that be really wanted a half white Jewish to be the biggest rapper in the world, call it soft power or something
At least he was just making bubble gum music versus the toxic music we normally get fed by McDonalds. Props to Baby for having Wayne and then passing the baton to Nicki and Drake.

Can’t believe it’s 2024 and Drake making fun of someone else for their contract.

The Big 👃 3
1713203391037.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom