Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Lol. Drake had no where near the hype or pressure as Bron. Dude didn't even have more hype than 50 or Snoop before their first album.

1713648674441.jpeg

:stoneface: I can't believe you just had me waste 3:38 seconds watching that bull**** documentary.
Your response is the perfect example as to why people don't like Drake or his stans. Dude is opening up for Jay z and had multiple songs with the biggest artist at that time in Lil Wayne. Not to mention the song with Em and Kanye, all before his first official album dropped, and we were supposed to feel sorry for him?

Bron was expected as a rookie to save a failing franchise from his hometown that had never won **** before and was always trash. That's pressure.

:stoneface: I can't believe you just had me waste 3:38 seconds watching that bull**** documentary.
Your response is the perfect example as to why people don't like Drake or his stans. Dude is opening up for Jay z and had multiple songs with the biggest artist at that time in Lil Wayne. Not to mention the song with Em and Kanye, all before his first official album dropped, and we were supposed to feel sorry for him?

Bron was expected as a rookie to save a failing franchise from his hometown that had never won **** before and was always trash. That's pressure.

:lol: so which is it? he wasnt super hyped or he was opening for jay z and had songs with em wayne and ye before his debut album dropped?

Im no drake stan at all im just objectively saying how things felt at the time. He had buzz in every demographic and lane of rap

Drake is winning the pop star, social media battle but this **** in time is going to be looked at as corny by everybody.
Pretty much. He has AK completely in his pocket and the large non-rap fan portion of his fanbase (the “I don’t listen to rap but I love Eminem” types) have been pushing the “he’s up 2-0 and is unstoppable” card pretty hard. Meanwhile Ross’ diss and jokes made the fully Jewish and Canadian side jump out of Drake completely. Turned him into a white woman playing the victim.

:lol: so which is it? he wasnt super hyped or he was opening for jay z and had songs with em wayne and ye before his debut album dropped?

Im no drake stan at all im just objectively saying how things felt at the time. He had buzz in every demographic and lane of rap

Drake definitely had high expectations. I don't know about this LeBron thing. Bron was on the cover of sports illustrated saying he would be a lottery pick at 17. It was a lot of hype for Thank Me Later though, I remember a lot of people was disappointed cuz it wasn't as good as So Far Gone. It wasn't a instant classic or classic period.

Snoop is probably the rap equivalent to LeBron as far as "rookie".

Y’all see how when I asked Hahahaha Hahahaha and Remy LeBeau Remy LeBeau to give example of some elite Cassidy bars, there was no response?

Cassidy ain’t ever been it. Great value punch line rapper. I can name 10 better from his era easy.

10 better what???

**** when he battles himself that’s better than the goofy **** the Canadian did.

I gotta hear the music for the bars to come back to me.

Also, his first two albums are dope. So 10 better punch line rappers? Battle rappers? Rappers that had better albums during that time period?

10 better what???

**** when he battles himself that’s better than the goofy **** the Canadian did.

I gotta hear the music for the bars to come back to me.

Also, his first two albums are dope. So 10 better punch line rappers? Battle rappers? Rappers that had better albums during that time period?
He was an average rapper. I don’t want to hear someone battle himself. You want 10 better rappers and 10 better rappers with 2 albums cause that’s easy too.

First album was some watered down attempt to be fab with all the girl songs. No bars on blood pressure

He was an average rapper. I don’t want to hear someone battle himself. You want 10 better rappers and 10 better rappers with 2 albums cause that’s easy too.

First album was some watered down attempt to be fab with all the girl songs. No bars on blood pressure

Blood Pressure hard.

The girl songs were dope, I have more of an issue with some of the beats Swizz gave him. I still play most of those two albums and I don’t play the third cause it’s not on Apple

Now that it’s clear where Cole stands in music making…. Never ever touch beef again and just focus on paving your lane. Whole hand revealed like a wounded carcass in the Savanna.

He must not respond to Ye, bruh is a black hole in all this. Let ye get his shine, and he’ll coo coo on elsewhere. Gahdamn this feels like when ECW and WCW took over WWF. Fun times :lol:

Can we just we all just agree how wild it is that Push Ups is currently number 1 and and Like that is number 4 on the Apple Music charts amongst a new T Swift release. And Like That is number 4 to the same song charting twice from the standard and deluxe versions from T Swift. Wild.

Can we just we all just agree how wild it is that Push Ups is currently number 1 and and Like that is number 4 on the Apple Music charts amongst a new T Swift release. And Like That is number 4 to the same song charting twice from the standard and deluxe versions from T Swift. Wild.
I brought it up when this started, everybody seems to beefing at the same time. I know rap sales and streams were on the decline. Kendrick and Drake been subbing for years so that makes sense, but too many other people beefing right now. Had me wondering if the record labels are pushing this to boost up sales.

Back
Top Bottom