Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

J Cole grew up in the American south around Black people. Drake grew up in Canada as a child actor. It’s pretty obvious that they tap into their whiteness is completely different ways.
Neither of these ****** are passing for White. Your household is your household. Both grew up with single White mothers, spending Christmas or Hanukkah with their White sides of the family.

So this new record label drake allegedly has ownership in, gamma. Rick Ross and French Montana are signed to that label. Snoop and the death row catalog are signed there. Sexy red signed there too. I'm think this ross thing is the classic fake beef to sell records. Just a sideshow/distraction/diversion from the main event.

Does the machine work for Kanye and Future currently having back to back number ones for weeks on end? Or does the machine only work for artists people don’t like?

Thing about “the machine” is you don’t know who they’re pushing “the button” for or not. I will say this though, you can see the difference in that organic fan base that grew from the first song to today vs. the folks that come out of nowhere with a million followers.

“Underground” hip hop has been a lifesaver for my new music needs.

Does the machine work for Kanye and Future currently having back to back number ones for weeks on end? Or does the machine only work for artists people don’t like?

I am a very big Drake fan and he is clearly the machine at this point :lol:

Kanye pre maga def had heavy motion, Kardashian connection is part of that. I don’t think Future falls into that category.

Neither of these ****** are passing for White. Your household is your household. Both grew up with single White mothers, spending Christmas or Hanukkah with their White sides of the family.
You’re saying “passing” when that has nothing to do with what I said, at all :lol:. Two people can both be biracial and have entirely different experiences with respect to their own proximity to whiteness. It’s obvious which one of these two dudes is quick to weaponize their whiteness — the one calling another Black rapper racist.

You’re saying “passing” when that has nothing to do with what I said, at all :lol:. Two people can both be biracial and have entirely different experiences with respect to their own proximity to whiteness. It’s obvious which one of these two dudes is quick to weaponize their whiteness — the one calling another Black rapper racist.
What instances do you have of Drake benefiting from tapping into his Whiteness? Cause calling Ross racist didn't do anything to help him.

he benefits most from being safe, marketable, and disarming. likely leftovers from being a presentable child star and media training.

he don’t play up the mob boss super thug **** for the white folks. listen to how dude talks depending on where he’s at. son be in the camera grinnin then he get around his “woes” and it’s mean mugs and throwing signs

this ***** legit the greatest actor ever :lol:

he tapping into being lightskin more than anything

Yeah they have very different experiences. Cole addresses racism and called the Grammys Cac's. Only time Drake speaks about racism is when black people make jokes about him. Drake has a obvious disconnect, he shows it over and over.

Outside of making catchy music I don't know what connection black people have to him.

I think the Marcellius Wiley interview shows how Drake has been really moving around compared to this nice guy he tries to portray

Dude grew up corny, it comes out in his dealings with women and I'm sure it comes out in his power from fame and money.
But that’s what you do in business . Jay did it and he’s a billionaire now. Nobody wants to talk about him

he benefits most from being safe, marketable, and disarming. likely leftovers from being a presentable child star and media training.

he don’t play up the mob boss super thug **** for the white folks. listen to how dude talks depending on where he’s at. son be in the camera grinnin then he get around his “woes” and it’s mean mugs and throwing signs

this ***** legit the greatest actor ever :lol:

he tapping into being lightskin more than anything
Those benefits don’t have to due with tapping into Whiteness though. Chance had that same benefits.

Meek will be bunny hoppin and cheesing around Michael Rubin and other White people, then get greazy on Social Media, flickin up straddled behind someone on a dirt bike. Hell a lot of mainstream rappers do that (minus the dirt bike).

Light skin antics I’ll give you for jokes

Kanye pre maga def had heavy motion, Kardashian connection is part of that. I don’t think Future falls into that category.

Kanye self sabotaged for no reason. He was the golden child 2007-2009 and then even after Taylor Swift he still was beloved by pop culture. The weird **** started with the Sway moment and then he smudged his brand for good with the 2018 antics

If he had stayed down to begin with (the fashion/Sway **** started all the weird behavior IMO) he probably would have had a Nike sub brand like Jordan Brand by like 2016. Everything he complains about he ruined himself

:lol:

I'm just trying to figure out when Future went from being that ***** that used auto tune on Turn Off The Lights that every chick loved to being what he is now... probably now long after he stated degrading women after that song. Anyone it's just strange to me how much people on here tend to love him, but hate on Drake.

:lol:

I'm just trying to figure out when Future went from being that ***** that used auto tune on Turn Off The Lights that every chick loved to being what he is now... probably now long after he stated degrading women after that song. Anyone it's just strange to me how much people on here tend to love him, but hate on Drake.

:lol: ***** where were you

1713823049095.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom