Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I agree she’s black, but based off Kendricks image and more importantly that culture that he panders to, the fact that he has a girl that doesn’t have two black parents can be seen as hypocritical to some. I guarantee you if I asked the average person who didn’t know, they wouldnt expect Kendrick to be with an Afro Latina. (Not that it matters in general)
Was he supposed to dump her once he became rich and famous?

So you’re gonna ignore Drake also saying he spent the summers with his dad in Memphis? Or how he had to visit his pops in jail, and chop it up with him. I don’t know Drake well enough to make all those assumptions you’re making. Drake does not cosplay as any street urban dude. He’s never said this. “To keep it real I really wasn’t gangster till now”. Idk where your getting that narrative from

“The point that’s being argued (as I understand it) is that Drake is utilizing his proximity to a subset of Black culture for monetary gain.”

That was literally the first sentence I typed to you fam.

Everything I wrote is based on things dude has actually said out of his own mouth. His Jewish upbringing, his use of the word ignorant in reference to his Black friends’ choice of words, etc.

So you’re gonna ignore Drake also saying he spent the summers with his dad in Memphis? Or how he had to visit his pops in jail, and chop it up with him. I don’t know Drake well enough to make all those assumptions you’re making. Drake does not cosplay as any street urban dude. He’s never said this. “To keep it real I really wasn’t gangster till now”. Idk where your getting that narrative from

Have you been listening to this _ the last few years? :lol:

Sick of these _'s, hire some help, get rid of these _'s.

Wit the the mob and I got ties

:lol:

Who does this apply to though?

Kyrie wife black too

1714533920860.png

Ya'll saying if a _ is pro black his wife gotta be Whoopi from color purple?

Drake fandom got ****** turning into Shaderoom Skin Color experts lol

The point that’s being argued (as I understand it) is that Drake is utilizing his proximity to a subset of Black culture for monetary gain. He’s essentially conveniently cosplaying an urban Black man who grew up in dire straits, for money. It’s been documented that he himself did not see himself as such as he was growing up, so to witness him leaning into the character so heavily is just cringe. Dude said he grew up Jewish, in a Jewish neighborhood, in Jewish schools. Dude called black Canadian urban dialect and terminology “ignorant” as he sat at a table with white people. Same guy has made millions by conveniently replicating the very same.

I think most people in here can agree that being Black is not monolithic. I do, however, think that it’s painfully obvious that potna had identified various aspects of Black culture and presents a variety of impersonation for financial gain. That in and of itself is worthy or harsh criticism.

It’s nasty work, as the kids would say.

The point that’s being argued (as I understand it) is that Drake is utilizing his proximity to a subset of Black culture for monetary gain. He’s essentially conveniently cosplaying an urban Black man who grew up in dire straits, for money. It’s been documented that he himself did not see himself as such as he was growing up, so to witness him leaning into the character so heavily is just cringe. Dude said he grew up Jewish, in a Jewish neighborhood, in Jewish schools. Dude called black Canadian urban dialect and terminology “ignorant” as he sat at a table with white people. Same guy has made millions by conveniently replicating the very same.

I think most people in here can agree that being Black is not monolithic. I do, however, think that it’s painfully obvious that potna had identified various aspects of Black culture and presents a variety of impersonation for financial gain. That in and of itself is worthy or harsh criticism.

It’s nasty work, as the kids would say.
I don’t dislike Drake but I always thought the sudden accent switch that he never used before was extremely corny. When I hear him do it, I just imagine him practicing the accent infront of his bathroom mirror.

I don’t know about the whole color thing or his family lineage, but his uncle is Larry Graham, dude is a legit musician, Graham Central Station, he’s cool.

I’ve never seen anyone that listens to J Cole accuse him of misogyny. Have you ever listened to Young Thug?

ezgif-3-5a37366369.gif

Misogyny where? How?

Not even gonna expand on the uncultured and philistine Sex slander but y'all had the nerve and unmitigated gall to compare aubrey ingraham to Malcolm X , Rosa Parks and Frederick Douglass ?!

young-thug.gif

Find God and not the 6 one JMB10215 JMB10215

Last edited:
Overall Dot’s diss was dope

After the the little intro and beat change I hated the sound of his voice. That is not it. He was still setting up but that’s easily the worst part of the diss. The beginning was way better and had better lines.

That voice is so trash. He sounds desperate and/or like he got asthma/emphysema is trying to yell but can’t and is straining as he continues to rap.

Scam artist, don’t tell no lie about me I won’t tell the truth about you :pimp:

Three ghosts left and two of them kissing and hugging on stage
:lol: Ol friendly *** ******

Let me see you PUSH A T :rofl:

Notice I said we, it’s not just me, I’m what the culture feeling

How many more black features until you feel black enough

2 bad *****es, might pop *** with em

YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING BOUT THAT

KNOW NOTHING BOUT THAT!!!!

:smh: How you dissing how a ***** raise his child :rofl:

Crodie
Crodie
Crodie
Tell me you cheesing fam
:rofl:

We don’t want to hear you say ***** no more

:rofl: :smh:

Drake’s response is gonna have to ignore like 90% of that. Cuz if he calls Kendrick a racist in another talk with his mom he is done. Better pray Prince stops this before that happens.

Also he better not nitpick and mention the Joel Osteen name mistake.

He needs to have layered and multiple shots. Kendrick cut deep. He has to respond in kind.

Love Kendrick for bringing the hating back :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom