Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1714745839068.png
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO bruh. I like euphoria better cause it had layers and layers. This one is basically saying you tried but couldn’t find nothing. I think euphoria hit harder. Drake need to drop though

Damn. He curving this _ up dawg piece by piece. :lol:

Them OVO ghostwriters having rebellion on the master. :lol: :smh: Dre and Kanye let all their writers eat.

So Drake tryna pay people to find dirt on Dot like he tried with Pusha? He still don't get it.

See that’s the thing. Black Americans have never looked to Africans for validation. Seems like Africans get more hung up on the “African” American term than we do and feel the need to create separation. It’s just a formal name on the census for most of us. Black is what we call ourselves culturally. I will agree that America is a bubble that doesn’t recognize the world outside of it which goes back to my point that Black Americans have never cared what Africans have thought of us. Hip Hop is less than 50 years old and recognized and imitated worldwide, us culture-less black folks clearly did something right.

I never addressed this but this is laughably wrong, :lol:

black americans have been appropriating african culture as an appeal to authentic blackness forever. Dr Umar calling people a "africans" isn't some new thing. :lol:

Theres nothing to psychoanalyze, the man said "ya boys told on you".
Hits even harder when Drake's been paranoid AF in his raps for years over potential backstabbers and basically confirming to him that his people secretly hate and are indeed conspiring against him with his enemies :lol:

Both tracks are as pointed as can be towards aiming directly at his every insecurity, it's not meant to be some crowd pleasing ****.

It's meant to be some deeply personal **** that makes his soul burn real slow

He said the song is good because;
"This track actually puts fear in Drake personally"

personally I think it's just solid, and looks worse in comparison to the first.
Drakes hypothetical mindset doesn't make music sound better to me. but maybe im weird that way. :lol:
Oh its definitely not as much of a "banger", per se, as the last one but thats not the point of diss tracks.

So you're short, wear a size 7 and drop and give me 50 was some dope lyricism to you :lol:

it's just a better song. This is cool, some clever lyrics but if making good rap songs was ONLY about how intricate your lyrics are.

Canibus would be the greatest rapper of all time.

and It hurts me to say that because im a long time Canibus stan. :lol:

I never addressed this but this is laughably wrong, :lol:

black americans have been appropriating african culture as an appeal to authentic blackness forever. Dr Umar calling people a "africans" isn't some new thing. :lol:

How are black Americans appropriating African culture.

You can't just make these blanket statements.

Oh its definitely not as much of a "banger", per se, as the last one but thats not the point of diss tracks.

sure i agree...but to a point,

imo Canibus's 2nd round knockout is a better more lyrical diss song than the Ripper Strikes Back

but unfortunately for me, no one thinks Canibus won that battle,

Ripper Strikes Back, people like that more as a song. so being more intricate lyrically doesn't auto win you any battle, the quality of the song also matters.

sure i agree...but to a point,

imo Canibus's 2nd round knockout is a better more lyrical diss song than the Ripper Strikes Back

but unfortunately for me, no one thinks Canibus won that battle,

Ripper Strikes Back, people like that more as a song. so being more intricate lyrically doesn't auto win you any battle, the quality of the song also matters.
If we talking bangers and song quality “Like That” at the top

Back
Top Bottom