Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Going to go back and check some old **** out.

Anybody got some recs (more underground ****)?
A somewhat underground hiphop group I like to recommend is CunninLynguists.
Before anyone else says it: yes their artist name is beyond corny and probably why a lot of people won’t give them a chance. The group’s in-house producer (Kno) is incredible too. Really gives them a unique vibe. They started in 2001 but found their stride in 2006, idk if that qualifies them as old.

Apparently they just played Not Like Us at the sold out Meg show at MSG and the crowd went crazy :lol:

Gonna post the video when I see one

*found it

Meg sold out MSG but all I hear in here is how her singles don’t have any motion.

That’s not due to Meg’s popularity. That’s just due to the microwaveable music the streaming era has produced.

Feel like I’ve heard this before, on one of them Makaveli bootlegs back then. Definitely remember the song title. But I wrote it off because there were so many songs and bootleg cds I didn’t know if it was real or not.

So yeah, technically my first time hearing this. I really hope they eventually release all Pac’s unreleased tracks with original beats just mastered. I need that OG F*** Friends and Happy Home.

It was a strange move agreeing to appear to discuss a serious subject like domestic violence and acting like a clown to self-promote. He had such a layup appearance to promote his own brand and he looked like a disgusting clown.
Yeah he’s an *** for that. Especially on a show a Black woman is hosting. In his mid-40s acting like a teenager smh

Lol Cam is talking about urinating on women in the intro song to his show yet thats who they wanted to bring on for this topic?

Nah lazy and blatant pandering by CNN as usual. Cam is who he is and has never been fake about it. Not mad at him for taking advantage of the opportunity just cause they were stupid enough to give it to him

IMG_0577.png

This new Ghostface album stinks man

It's not that bad

It's some stuff on there

Like I said though, it sounds like a major on Empire where it's trying to appeal to different groups. I hate those types of albums. Plus a lot of guest.

This a joke? Who composed this list?

I was just listening to Songs in the Key of Life the other day

Purple Rain is my favorite album ever

and I like GKMC and Lemonade, but top ten ever? Someone wanted to piss Drake off?

and that Lauryn album is really overrated.

Thriller isn't Mike's best album, but I understand it's importance.

This list isn’t that bad, but there’s some surprising choices if I’m just looking at the hip hop/R&B side of things. I don’t know the rest of the guys since I’m kind of closed off to other genres unless I hear a sample.

Random. But Big Daddy Kane is a perfect example of how one should age gracefully in hip hop. Hearing also about his touring, and how he’s been able to have such a legendary career, and pick and choose when he wants to be in the light is fire. Going to go back and check some old **** out.

Anybody got some recs (more underground ****)?

King Asiatic Nobodies Equal

Last edited:
This a joke? Who composed this list?

I was just listening to Songs in the Key of Life the other day

Purple Rain is my favorite album ever

and I like GKMC and Lemonade, but top ten ever? Someone wanted to piss Drake off?

and that Lauryn album is really overrated.

Thriller isn't Mike's best album, but I understand it's importance.

TPAB > GKMC

And yeah, I have beef with the list overall. I swear there are certain “classic” albums that people rate way to high on these lists and snub other albums that are newer but aren’t listened to by people who are “music heads”

The list was decent at times. Kinda cool the Blueprint made number 13, but definitely a sus list overall lol

If we are talking Kendrick, the fact DAMN didn’t make the list either is wild.

Back
Top Bottom