Rapper facing 25 years for RAPPING about gang violence

This is crazy..... Basically they are using this law that's never been used before that says if you promote/benefit from gang violence its a crime. Dude has no prior record or criminal history or known connection to any crimes committed .

Brandon “Tiny Doo” Duncan, the 33-year-old rapper from San Diego who may be facing life in prison because of his rap lyrics, entered a not guilty plea on Thursday (December 4).

Duncan is among several men who are being charged with what is known as gang conspiracy related to nine shootings that have taken place since April of last year. The law defines gang conspiracy as a time when a gang member “willfully promotes, furthers, or assists in any felonious criminal conduct by members of that gang,” according to the Los Angeles Times.
Some of Duncan’s codefendants are being charged based on their Facebook posts. Dana Greisen, chief of the DA’s gang prosecution unit, recently explained how rap songs and social media statements can be dangerous, according to UT San Diego. Greisen said it’s “another form of communication gang members use.”

Tiny Doo’s lawyer Brian Watkins has said that while he does not deny Duncan’s gang affiliation, his client’s work is no different from the raps written by Snoop Dogg or 50 Cent and that this case is about freedom of speech.

Watkins adds that injustice is at play here, according to the San Diego Fox affiliate.

“They’re charging Brandon Duncan with crimes that the District Attorney admits that he had no involvement in or even knowledge of,” he explains. “That is the definition of injustice.”

“It’s really given a black eye to the legal system here in the DA’s office,” Watkins added. “To charge someone with crimes while admitting he had no knowledge of those crimes. Based on his artistic expression, he made a rap album — a rap album that’s actually made in 2012, these shootings occurred in 2013 — so there’s absolutely no connection.”

Since Tiny Doo’s case has become publicized, some Twitter users, including rapper Freddie Gibbs, have participated in the #FreeTinyDoo campaign.

dude should be charged for having the name "tiny doo".

probably wont hold up tho

Anyone else get a 1984 vibe from this law?

This is basically akin to thought crimes.

Absolutely redicilous and a slippery, slippery slope. Law enforcement ca basically do whatever they damn well please in this country with no repercussions.

I think there was a thread about this about a month ago. The whole situation is still :smh:

Is this the same dude that caught heat to begin with because of the album art or somethin like that?

Yes I remember this in the music forum. I thought OP was trolling cause the **** sounded so bizarre

Two things have to be present to be convicted...
Intent & Conspiracy to commit a crime.

One is not enough for a conviction.

And the intent has to include SPECIFICITY. A lot of music is general in nature to GHOSTIN' busters

25 yrs for rapping lryics lmao

remind me of that old cuba gooden jr movie where he plagiarized a book and they tried to say he was the killer 
laugh.gif

I'm familiar with Tiny Doo's music. For dude criticizing his name he most likely got labeled "Tiny" because he was given the name of an OG, thus making him Tiny which, like Baby is junior to the OG whose name you took on.

As for the case. San Diego has some VERY racists laws aimed at former gang members or people affiliated with gangs. I doubt this will stick, but wouldn't be surprised if it did. Like I said in another thread, San Diego is only 7.86% black. We aren't very well represented here and are very fragmented with regard to where we live. There isn't a sense of "community" here as a lot of black folks moved here because they or a relative was or is in the Navy, Marines or Air Force. I hope dude doesn't get locked for some lyrics and crimes he had nothing to do with. :smh:

Last edited:
I'm familiar with Tiny Doo's music. For dude criticizing his name he most likely got labeled "Tiny" because he was given the name of an OG, thus making him Tiny which, like Baby is junior to the OG whose name you took on.

As for the case. San Diego has some VERY racists laws aimed at former gang members or people affiliated with gangs. I doubt this will stick, but wouldn't be surprised if it did. Like I said in another thread, San Diego is only 7.86% black. We aren't very well represented here and are very fragmented with regard to where we live. There isn't a sense of "community" here as a lot of black folks moved here because they or a relative was or is in the Navy, Marines or Air Force. I hope dude doesn't get locked for some lyrics and crimes he had nothing to do with. :smh:

Yeah he from WrongKind, Lincoln park bloods, most east coast cats probably wouldn't recognize him.

Anyway I always bump mitchy slick, other than that rap has no age limit, if you hot you hot, if your a teen and you're garbage you're still garbage lol

Tiny Doo
Tiny Doo Doo
Tiny ****
Small Feces

Yeah that wasn't a bright selection.

Back
Top Bottom