Raptors trade JO and Moon to Heat for Matrix and Banks

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by MaxElite

What don't people get? O'Neal is off the books next year. Miami wins this one.

And Marion comes off the book this year so what's the point?
Miami needed a Center since they are in the playoff mix. If it dont work out, they got money off the books. So they benefit either way.

Toronto just did it for a salary dump.

Who the hell is a free agent this summer at the C position.

Marion was gone after this year anyway. JO can be serviceable at C, for a nice 1 1/2 year rental.

Bosh is the target. If you still don't get it, then I dont know what to tell you.

So would the Heat play Bosh at center or BEasy at small forward?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Could be good for the Heat, my dude JO.
pimp.gif

Poor Marion, makes the game-winning dunk and then gets traded.

This deal would only work if Bosh was staying long term. But, I think we all know that he has no plan to stay in Toronto. If, for some reason, he does decideto stay, this trade works out perfectly. We can move Andrea to the 5, Bosh at 4, Marion at 3, Parker and Jose, with Graham playing well off the bench.

However, that is if Bosh stays. Since we know dude is going to bolt, this trade helps only short term, once Bosh gets back on the court.
So in other words, 3 months worth...

Meh, IDK

Banks on the other hand,
pimp.gif

Riley just took the heart of the team and the only dude that tries day in and day out to win games.

people that doubt O'Neal haven't seen him play...Dude's presence is felt hugely defensively and he can be a legit 2nd/3rd option on the floor (oreven 1st with scrubs).

Not a fan of this deal, although I don't know Banks' game too well.

This gives Beasley a chance to play more minutes, plus they get Moon in return.

I think Miami wins in this trade, but who knows what Colangelo has up his sleeve, he might not be done.
nerd.gif

Miami needed a Center since they are in the playoff mix. If it dont work out, they got money off the books. So they benefit either way.

Toronto just did it for a salary dump.
We also needed a wing man who could run, shoot, defend, and rebound, something we've been lacking for years. We got that with one trade, and aservicable backup PG. Now if Marion decides to run instead of being the goon he was in Miami, Calderon will get him the ball. Lest we all forget, Calderon is atop 10 PG in the league. Marion could POTENTIALLY return to his form from Phoenix. And there are quite a few big names in the free agent market this summertoo. Who knows if they'll sign, but that's a gamble. I'm sure Colangelo will work something out

Toronto wins this one IMO. JO is pretty much useless with all his injuries, you're paying him a ridiculous amount and he will play less than half the gamesthe next 1.5 years...so the Heat just hurt themselves until summer 2010. Marion should fit well with Toronto, plus he comes off the books right away which willpossibly allow Toronto to pick up more talent to entice Bosh to stay.

One thing I didnt get to mention, props to both Moon and JO. Even though JO was here for only half a year, Ive appreciated everything he's done for thisteam. Sure, he sat out a few games, but the fact is that he never made excuses, he played hard every night, and he gave the team an attitude that wedesperately needed. As for Moon, I'm going to miss his insane leaping ability, but this gives us room to play Joey alot more.

Both will be missed. Thanks to JO for everything he's done.

pimp.gif

Good trade for Miami: Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Haslem & O'Neal.

Toronto Raptors = Phx Suns

Jose = Nash
Matrix = Matrix
Bosh = JO
Kapono = Instant offense

pimp.gif

Easily a better trade for miami....Even though JO is nothing more than a posterboy right now hes still 6'11

Marion aint no DAMN matix...
eyes.gif
Fool garbage get dat PRICK outtasouthBeach...
smokin.gif
If jermaine stay healthy I smell playoffs...
glasses.gif
All we really needed was a big man!!!!

Back
Top Bottom