Ray Donovan; new series on showtime

Great finale :pimp: one of the very few times a show delivers. Outside of GoT.

The going to Ireland plan is dead. Terry is facing those charges and he's staying cuz he thinks Ray's going to jail (which he probably isn't since the reporter is dead). Ray probably doesn't have anymore pull to help him given how he burned Ezra. The end of the ep made it seem like they're closing up shop anyway.

The body under the hospital is the priest Ray killed.

I think about it though and I don't know how badly this burns Ezra. So his hospital gets some bad attention. That body leads directly to Ray possibly :lol: So a legacy for Ruth is tarnished oh well. Could've been worse.

One thing I realize he could've got mad money for the Cochran swinger vid.

I couldn't agree with all of you more. Great season on the TV as well in this forum.

I could see Ray killing Cookie when he was going back to give him the money, he would normally just drop the bag off and go.

:lol: at Bunk running from Micky and his son. and his pick on the wrong horse

Terry can get his trial delayed for a year and be gone when the series ends forever.

Bunchie ( no comment) interested in knowing what comes out of his character. Dude has 1 mil. in the bank but one flaw he can't get pass. Understandable I guess.

Abby, aka south with the mouthy knows Ray is that dude when he comes to protecting his fam.

Abby's boyfriend is a clown for having that dream of them leaving to go with him. I like the symbolism of him cutting off the lights on that situation.

Mick I almost lost hope in him, glad to see that the writers threw him a bone in the finale. :lol: at his son calling him a a**hole

All in all good season, was good to enjoy view points with you all.

Also

Don't know what is gonna happen to Avi and the other female, looks as if they got canned

Crosher haha glad he got what he deserved

mentioned a week ago that reporter was getting wacked.

That call Ray made about the body was from Ezras office, Im sure they will trace that call

I wouldn't be surprised if the series is over for good. where would you go from here?

Good point on his trial getting drug out.
I mean we've already had two seasons and very little time has passed so other than the kids aging which has to speed the time frame up, his trial getting drug out over time can very easily extend his tenure on the show as a free man.

I wouldn't be surprised if the series is over for good. where would you go from here?
No way this series is done. It's a huge hit for Showtime.

I'm sure they been thinking up plans for next season. Still gotta deal with consequences and fallout; still follow Bunchy's story, Terry stuck in LA with this case looming, Mickey is sure to get one or two of his sons in to some crazy **** again, now we might get a possible Ray vs. Ezra story cuz I don't think it just ends with this hospital ****, who knows if Cochran may show back up for some revenge, etc.

Plus there's all types of other celebs that were Ray's clients that'll get in to some **** and demand that he fix it not some new guy or just Avi.

Last edited:
It said immediately after the finale, Season 3 2015.

***** not over man, it's just getting cracked my dude

Last edited:
It said immediately after the finale Season 3 2015.

Yeah,

I feel ya but I always get on series late like this one which i started this year and they all of a suddenly end. It just seems to always happen to me. I.e The Wire, Sopranos, Hung, How to make it in America.

They just cut them when it seems they could have kept them going.

Great finale.
pimp.gif

Ray handled that Cookie situation like a G.

Ray wasn't messing around when it came Kate. Got Cochran and Ezra. I was worried he was gonna kill Avi, glad he didn't.

Looks like Avi's gonna be spending more time watching soaps with his old lady.

Mickey and Darryll winning big at the track.
laugh.gif

West Coast Bunk is even more of degenerate than he was on The Wire. That chase at the track was comedy.

Bunchy.
tired.gif
Was hoping he could salvage the relationship with ole girl.

Abby is so full of ****.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

She likes to play morale police with Ray talking about what he does is wrong and how he's a bad person yet has no problems enjoying the spoils that Ray's job provides. She found a dude who wanted to give her the love and affection she craves, but because Jim only makes a cop's salary she ain't with it.

Her reaction when Jim showed her the bedroom with the twin beds he set aside for her and Bridget was priceless.
laugh.gif

Ole girl was like

Went back to Ray with the quickness.
laugh.gif

Interesting to see what happens next season with Ray severing ties with Ezra and if he gets any blowback for outing Cochran.

good finale, tied up most loose ends

laugh.gif
 at the one hand patdown w the bday cake in the other

pimp.gif
 cookies girl

wonder how much darryl got cut? 
nerd.gif

mean.gif
 at his moms kickin him out the crib for what mickey did

next season i hope terrys girl get got 
laugh.gif

Good job on the producers of the show, Everyone seem to get into the finale. I don't think anyone was missed in this episode.

Yeah,

I feel ya but I always get on series late like this one which i started this year and they all of a suddenly end. It just seems to always happen to me. I.e The Wire, Sopranos, Hung, How to make it in America.

:lol: So you got on to The Wire @ S5 and and The Sopranos @ S6 just thinking when you start watching the series ends/gets canceled?

Yeah,

Yea I think you're good on this one for a few more seasons.

Let's hope, one of the better shows on. Homeland starting next week and then GOT around the time that goes off. Summer time sucks for the shows man.

I still need to get on that Wire

Last edited:
:lol: So you got on to The Wire @ S5 and and The Sopranos @ S6 just thinking when you start watching the series ends/gets canceled?

Not necessarily at those points but I like to let a season go a season or two go by, then watch them on my own time on demand. I guess you can say, I become attached to them and then they end. Same with Entourage.

I guess its life of TV. I should have said shows like Hung, How to make it in America, Entourage to use better examples.

Yea I think you're good on this one for a few more seasons.

Let's hope, one of the better shows on. Homeland starting next week and then GOT around the time that goes off. Summer time sucks for the shows man.

I still need to get on that Wire

Whats crazy is HBO use to be good in the Summer, I am tempted to check out these Masters of Sex that keeps popping up on Showtime, another good show was Larry David show. I guess all things come to an end and you have to go on to another show.

I have to check out this Homeland, looks interesting. I think I am way too behind on GOT to catch up.

Not necessarily at those points but I like to let a season go a season or two go by, then watch them on my own time on demand. I guess you can say, I become attached to them and then they end. Same with Entourage.

I guess its life of TV. I should have said shows like Hung, How to make it in America, Entourage to use better examples.
Yeah well those had poor ratings and were either 1 and done or 2 to 3 seasons at the most.

Your initial list made it sound like you got bad luck of always getting to good shows and they end and naming shows that go for like 10 seasons and you were just late :lol:

With me I'm either their from the beginning or it's already done and I find some time to get around to it and do that on demand binge watch.

Homeland is on episode 49 Season 5
And GOT is on ep 51 Season 5

Either of them or great to binge but I give GOT a slight edge, but that just because I like period pieces.

I started both on season 3 and the. Watched them all at once

Got isn't starting until April, I'm tripping.

And sorry for the quick derail, just wanted to help mosneaks out

Homeland is on episode 49 Season 5
And GOT is on ep 51 Season 5

Either of them or great to binge but I give GOT a slight edge, but that just because I like period pieces.

I started both on season 3 and the. Watched them all at once

Got isn't starting until April, I'm tripping.

And sorry for the quick derail, just wanted to help mosneaks out

Good looks fam appreciate it.

I totally overlooked the fact that phone call would be traced. Good catch! Ray got too attached to her. They're spin masters though, so I see them getting out of that. Could just say anyone made that phone call to bring Ezra down.

Kate was warned too many times. He just has to accept that she was a part of the problem. He really blew that connect with Cochran. That tape could have been used to solve something much bigger than petty revenge.

So what are the odds next season starts with basketball player/big Sean looking mog in trouble again?

Simply amazing. Perfect how that ended. Don't understand the whole trunk scene or whether Avi will get killed. Anyone else laugh when that Clown cop showed Ray's wife the two single beds for the kids? While he's shopping at Ikea for beds, Ray is about that action killing cookie.

The scene was just Ray setting that weirdo do up. He assumed Ray was going to drive him off to saftey somewhere and handle that whole murder thing for him. He was clueless, talking about back in the womb :rofl:.

Abbey got wet panties when she saw Cookie was dead and knew Ray did that deed.

She knew her down AF man put that work in, turned her on instantly, women like those protectors, clean or dirty.

That is the thing I don't like about Abbey. Where is the loyalty? If the cop did it first she would be with him. She reminds of Van Alden's wife in BWE, that scene when they were celebrating their anniversary and he busted that small time bootlegging establishment. Her **** got soaked when she saw him pound dudes head on the table :lol:

Well damn! They closed that one quite nicely.

I don't understand what was the point of reporting the body on Ray's part. If anything, it will come back to him or Bunchie.

Blowed by the fact the lady is even considering Bunchie now that she knows the truth.

Cookie had a deathwish. Ray obliged. I would like to know which goon got the money. GREED KILLS!...and Yes Abby was ready to shine those shoes after seeing her husband handle his biz. I just can't see taking her back though. She had another man all up in her. I just can't go back to that.

Glad to see Mick finally catch a break. First the movie, then the heist...he was bound to finally win.

So what will be of Avi and Lena now? Do they just work for Ezra going forward?

Steve had it good now he going in forever. STUPID MF

Reporting the body just put a big stain on Ezra's vision for the Ruth hospital. Since season 1 he was obsessing over it, and making it out to be some sort of redemption for all the bad they've done. Dead body of catholic priest will tarnish the legacy he was trying to build in Ruth's name.

The lady definitely ended it with Bunchie.

I hear you on taking Abby back, but Ray is in a totally different place right now so I can see it happening.

Mickey will definitely find a way to mess that 1mill he just got, make no mistake. This isn't fantasy world, storyline isn't about them living happily ever after.

Yea I don't see how he could beat the charges and him going for Ireland looks unlikely because he threw away all his Ireland books in the gym so, they'd have to do some serious writing to get him out of this one.

Which body was buried under the Ruth Goldman Center,? I forget.

The priest

It said immediately after the finale, Season 3 2015.

Word, the writers can parlay this into a whole new direction. Ezra and Avi against Ray. Lena will try to keep the peace, but be stuck in the middle for her love for Avi and loyalty to Ray.

What does this mean for him as the clean up guy? He didn't even try to fix that murder of the stalker, he told shorty to tell the truth.

I totally overlooked the fact that phone call would be traced. Good catch! Ray got too attached to her. They're spin masters though, so I see them getting out of that. Could just say anyone made that phone call to bring Ezra down.

Kate was warned too many times. He just has to accept that she was a part of the problem. He really blew that connect with Cochran. That tape could have been used to solve something much bigger than petty revenge.

So what are the odds next season starts with basketball player/big Sean looking mog in trouble again?

It would be sacrilegious if they didn't. The real question is will he be calling Ray or Avi?

Last edited:
Damn, first RIP to shorty & now RIP to Stalker Bob... I the only satisfying thing about this season finale was watching Cookie get popped. Dude had it coming & wasn't smart enough to see it coming. Pitting the lackey's against each other was cold hearted & hilarious.

Other favorite part was hearing Daryll tell his dumb *** father, “Mickey, you don’t have anything because you’re a f****** a******.”

I hope the Steve angle doesn't come back. That was kinda pointless all season. Does anyone else think 'ole dude looks like Pail Rudd? Even kinda sounds like him too.

Kate got what she deserved. If she didn't have the sense to realize she was given a chance to get a story & walk away. Instead she tried to dig more & got should've happened the first go around.

Next season should be interesting because for one, the show's creator & show runner, Ann Biderman is leaving the show. Also who things unfold between Ray & Abs, Ray & Ezra, & Ray & Avi...

Ray keeps talking about going to jail. I really hope that they don't make a season with him in the can.

Mickey looked at the Dolphins hat as if he was going to Miami or a reminder of the chick who spoke to him as a Dolphin in Mexico? curious on that one. I am sure he is going somewhere warm tho.

Also I have noticed that this show is good at killing off its characters. I doubt we will see Daryll's mom and her bf, creepy guy Steve angle, Bunk, Bunchies girlfriend next season.

steve and bunchies girl are done but im not so sure about West Coast Bunk 
laugh.gif

i dont think ray plans to go to jail, i thinks thats why he wanted the house in case he ever had to leave the family and go on the run

edit: unless the stalker turns out to be a really bad guy and steve comes out looking like a hero 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom