Ready Player One Thread|Ready Player Two Book OUT NOW|

All im going to say is dont bother watching it if it is not in 3D.
The car race in 3D was
A009F1B4-A6F9-4CA8-869B-612AC980392E.gif

Ready Player One 5.8/8

Typical high quality Spielberg movie. Just with a lot more background Easter eggs nods for nostalgia. It was fun.

This dude Halliday watched way more movies than me. In one week he watched over a dozen movies.

Never read the book so no chance of being let down.

For some reason my expectations were low coming in but it was a pretty fun movie 6.5/8

Wasn't excited about this movie at first when I seen the trailers. Just finished watching and the movie was a lot of fun and I got the little references, etc.

Will definitely watch again

when the dude brought out the Gundam :nthat::wow:

Gundam vs MechaGodzilla was amazing

The GoldenEye references "slappers only" lol

The Shining lol

Last edited:
Say it on Friday and wish it modeled the book more but 90s references. Would have been dope if they would have used more in game models for the gates like the book showcased with the 80s games

4/8

Man, I don’t want to spoil for those who haven’t seen it, but seeing Spielberg play with that Kubrick’s stuff was so good.

Fun movie. 6/8.

Last edited:
Some aspects were better than the book

They used the right amount of nostalgia

I want a series of just TJ Miller tooling around the Oasis

The Cronicles of IRok

Really had fun with this movie, went in completely blind (barely remember any of the trailers cause they did not get me hyped). I wonder how much replay value this will have for me going forward, the first time seeing these pop culture references mixed together will always geeked tf out of me but with the element of surprise gone will it hurt the film?

One clear thing that I felt could have been improved was the run time. At a point I thought the climax was nearing then check my watch to see there is another 60-90 minutes left :lol:

I saw kind of surprised to see the akira bike. I finally caught that film a couple months ago. Would rate that a 4/5.

Back
Top Bottom