Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

All this NBA crap on the front page is getting old - i've hardly seen anything worth commenting on in this forum for awhile, and that's because football has been gone so long. We've got just 8 weeks til opening week, let's talk shop.

Who are you dudes surprise teams this year... not just most improved, but teams with a legit shot at taking the title from out of nowhere?

Who's taking the Heisman this year?

What are the major things to watch for in each conference this year?

Give us your insights into what you know most about this upcoming season... we need the insider scoops from every region.

My first contribution is a must see TV list for the first month:

Florida St v Alabama
Oregon v Michigan
Oklahoma v Miami
Penn State v Michigan
LSU vs V Tech :wow:
eek.gif

What am i forgetting in the first month? I know there are a couple of great SEC matchups down there...

I can't wait for this season to get here... chime in fellas, what's good with college football right now?

Quote:
Who are you dudes surprise teams this year... not just most improved, but teams with a legit shot at taking the title from out of nowhere?

FSU and Miami. Both will be back with a vengeance.

Quote:
Who's taking the Heisman this year?

McFadden and its wont be close.

Quote:
What are the major things to watch for in each conference this year?
:wow:
eek.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
The Return of Swol​
Moderate Deez​

Quote:
Big East- Worst conference in football, IMO.
Louisville and WV and not much else. Rutgers was a fluke, and I expect them to go back to 6 wins this year. USF is good, but not ready to play with the big boys, IMO.

This should be an interesting conference to watch though... USF and Rutgers are on a lot of people's radars right now as possible surprise teams. And I wouldn't say the Big East is horrible, but it's definitely the weakest because of the bottom members in the league - don't sleep on them though, entirely. Nobody is asking for games vs WVU and Louisville, and Rutgers showed a thing or two last year.

Quote:
Vidal Hazleton- USC
smh.gif
should'a been a nittany lion.

Quote:
Big 12- Texas will win it because Oklahoma may have some problems breaking in a new QB. Murray and Patrick will do damage.

All i hope is that Michigan Finally beat Ohio state this year. Go Blue!!!!
Team Nintendo​
Team Michigan​
Happy peanuts soar over chocolate covered mountaintops and waterfalls of caramel. Prancing nougat in a meadow sings a song of satisfaction to the world.​

Can't wait for the first month of the season, it's gonna be ridiculious for Michigan fans. Games vs Oregon, Notre Dame, and Penn State to start the year.
DETROIT TIGERS
#3 Gary Sheffield

Rutgers = Trash.

What the hell is this? :smh:
smh.gif
The Return of Swol​
Moderate Deez​

I'm really leaning towards John David Booty for the Heisman trophy this year...You've gotta love his chances considering USC could blow through their schedule and end up bringing in another National Championship. I like McFadden, and he's probably the favorite right now, but I don't think Arkansas wins enough this year (with Casey @#%$? as their QB) for him to take it home.

In the Big Xii, watch out for Texas A&M. People talk about Texas and Oklahoma, but A&M has a serious chance to win the conference title (assuming Stephen McGee continues to progress at the rate he did over the course of last year, and their defense is improved) and take the automatic BCS bid come Championship week. They'll be a team to keep an eye on. Missouri and Nebraska are obviously the favorites from the North division. It'll be interesting to see how Sam Keller plays in the Huskers offense coming off a year away from football. Ultimately, I think Chase Daniel and the Tigers take the North, but get mowed over by whoever comes out of the South.

Outside of the games Craftsy mentioned, I'll be waiting for the Texas A&M @ Miami game on Sept. 20th. That'll be the first real test for the Aggies, and I think their season will really hinge on what happens in that game. While I'm not a big believer in Dennis Franchone, I think he's got the Aggies headed back in the right direction. I hate the Aggies, but I'm really high on what them heading into the season with in 2007.

Quote:
You guys are finally going down to my nittany lions this year unless Carr gets extra time on the clock again
to click, it will be better than last years. It will more than likely be one of the better games of the college football season but I see the Wolverines beating the Lions again. I don't think Morelli is gonna do much. But, if your OLine is good you might be able to pass on our D.

How is the Nittany Lion OLine?
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

I'm really amped to see USC v UCLA this season... I could see them both being 11-0 coming into it... might be a stretch, but i don't think it's impossible to see happening, that's the best UCLA team they've had in awhile and they don't have any real tough games before that one.

When does the AP, USAToday, and Coaches Pre-season polls come out.

I usually wait till then until I can fully discuss any college football.

Still stuck on the Braves

:nerd:
nerd.gif
smh.gif
:\
ohwell.gif
TeaM
GEORGIA SOLE
We eat more Peanuts than Jimmy Carter Member #8- AMR
TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

Big east is without a doubt the worst "BCS" conference.
and they arent quite in contention for worst conference but they are nowhere near mediocre neither.

PreSeason All Americans Off. skilled Positions
Andre Woodson Kent (best QB in the country) :pimp:
pimp.gif

Ray Rice Rut
Darren McFadden Ark
Greg Carr FSU
Desean Jackson Cal
Mario Manningham Mich

ACC Off player of the yr. - Riley Skinner QB Wake
ACC Def Player of the yr. - Kenny Phillips FS UM
SEC Off Player of the yr. - Andre Woodson QB kentucky
SEC Def Player of the yr. - Jonathan Heffney FS Tenn/Jasper Brinkley LB So. Car.
Big Ten off player of the Yr. - Michael Hart RB Mich
Big ten Def player of the Yr. - Dan Connor OLB PSU
Big 12 Off player of the Yr. - Chase daniel QB Mizzu
Big 12 Def player of the yr. - Aquid Taliq CB KU
Pac 10 Off player of the yr. - Desean Jackson WR Cal
pac 10 def player of the yr. - Keith rivers LB USC

Most improved team: Colorado Buffaloes
Biggest dissappointment: West Virginia & Georgia Bulldogs
Biggest QB improvement: Taylor bennett Ga Tech (1 yr too late :smh:
smh.gif
)
best Asssistant coaching hire: FSU Jimbo Fisher & rick Trickett
and in sharp contrast,
Worst QBs in America = FSU Lee & Weatherford are just :x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif
sick.gif
followed closely by Miami Hurricanes tandem :x
sick.gif
sick.gif

Program on the rise: Wake Forest Demon Deacons (they'll win the ACC AGAIN but how long will they be able to keep their Coach)

Program on the decline and racing into obscurity: Virginia cavaliers

Retirement race: Bowden or Paterno
Bowden will retire 1st

and finally, Imma go out on a limb and say there will be no undefeated teams from any BCS conference and there will be hella contraversy at the end of the season about bowl seedigns

The Andre Berto Movement
Get Down or Lay Down

Oklahoma is the most talented team in College outside of the Qb position With Romar they would be looking at repeating as National champs
I Think I love you Beauty Fitz

I know I hate you Vivian Porter

Program on the rise: Wake Forest Demon Deacons (they'll win the ACC AGAIN
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Frank Gore 4 MVP
T.e.A.m XBOX 360

they came outta nowhere but they have a serious game plan, they have half they squad red shirted, their RB missed almost all of last yr, they have the best QB in the conference. and more then likely he'll get better

Yall can sleep all you want but Wake's staff out coached everyone last yr. and only lost Abbate and their safety....

They got a better chance then FSU & Miami just off QB play

we'll see tho...

The Andre Berto Movement
Get Down or Lay Down

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/co...d=tab1pos2

here's a little article about teams with the weakest schedules. kind of interesting.. osu and texas made the top 10...
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Same for Kirby Freeman...I have given up all hope on Kyle Wight :smh:
smh.gif
Dude is straight cheeks. Kirby can be all right if he just makes better decisions. He plays to win tho, unlike Kyle Wright who sits back there waiting to get sacked. I seriously doubt he has EVER thrown the ball away :smh:
smh.gif
the next two years then we can have Marve ready in 09.

They say Taylor Bennet was a product of Nix, so hopefully he can do the same to Freeman.
The Return of Swol​
Moderate Deez​

Quote:
I'm really amped to see USC v UCLA this season... I could see them both being 11-0 coming into it... might be a stretch, but i don't think it's impossible to see happening, that's the best UCLA team they've had in awhile and they don't have any real tough games before that one
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
:D
happy.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

dang - just reading all you guys talking about this stuff is getting me so amped. I need ncaa football 2008 on 360 to come out like NOW. I gotta get my fix soon!

GameDay is going to VT the first week even though they are playing a nobody.

Even though Cal vs. Tenn is playing week 1.

Back
Top Bottom