Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Quote:
dang - just reading all you guys talking about this stuff is getting me so amped.
:wink:
wink.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
HOPE :lol:
laugh.gif
I'm stuck in a basement, sittin on a tricycle, girl gettin on my nerves...
Goin outta my mind I thought she was fine, don't know if her body is hers.

I'm staying away from the Homer crap and not picking one of the Big 3 Wolverines to win the Heisman. It would be awesome if it happened, but I really can't see it. In the offseason last year people were saying that Carr was going to push for Henne in the media, but that never materialized. I really don't know who I'd pick, but certainly not McFadden. I don't think they're going to do that awesome in the SEC this year and that'll kill his chances.

Michigan also plays ND in the third week of the season. Always a big TV game.

I'm looking forward to Michigan playing Purdue, they haven't been on our schedule since Shazor leveled Dorian Bryant.

It'll be interesting to see what happens over at MSU with the new coach Dantonio. They could make some noise and upset a few teams in typical MSU fashion or they could absolutely suck... which is what I predict will happen. I see a 3-4 win season for Sparty.

I don't see PSU beating Michigan this year. I think Dan O'Connor is grossly overrated. It'll be a good game though.

Quote:
Retirement race: Bowden or Paterno

Put Lloyd Carr in that race too

Any Mich fans/our opponents that want tix to any of Michigan's home games... I have a full set of season tickets that I'm willing to sell. Might have 2 or 3 more individual tickets for select games as well.

OSU's cupcake schedule has me worried. That much more time to prepare for Michigan because we all know sweatervest starts preparing for the big game from Day 1 (and Lloyd should be too >:
mad.gif
, Bo always did)

Boise State - Fiesta Bowl Champions TWO YEARS in a row.

Other than that though,

Surprise Team: Washington Huskies - they are gonna ruin either Oregon, USC, or UCLA's season

National Champion: Texas

Heisman: JDB John David Booty
----------------------Harold if your out there realize that there are still some people that remember.------------------------

-----------------That goes for you too Ronnie.--- ------------

George Karl will retire in three years or less. 07/03/07

Quote:
here's a little article about teams with the weakest schedules. kind of interesting.. osu and texas made the top 10...
TeamLakers
~~Team Buckeyes~~~
"We at it A-Ginn"

Im SOO ready for the season to start.
Quote:
OSU's cupcake schedule has me worried.
:nerd:
nerd.gif
They're gonna be a top 10 team at the end of the yr. Im telling you.

But hey, they got a pretty weak schedule this yr, but the next couple of yrs is ROUGH.
Quote:
Plus Youngstown state is Tressel's old team so hes just giving back to his old team.

Quote:
Surprise Team: Washington Huskies - they are gonna ruin either Oregon, USC, or UCLA's season

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

Craftsy,

Do you know what happened to Trent Varva? Kid was from my area and got kicked off the team or left the team, not really sure what happened. Anyways, he sucked in H.S. and got killed by a couple kids that went on to play D2 ball.

Also, how is PSU looking with instate recruits? I know where we stand from the Michigan perspective on Hale, Saddler, Baldwin, Pryor, Wilson, Graham, Carraway, ect. but it looks like PSU is out of it for a lot of the top talent instate. Thats gotta hurt since Pennsylvania produces so much talent.

Quote:
Do you know what happened to Trent Varva? Kid was from my area and got kicked off the team or left the team, not really sure what happened. Anyways, he sucked in H.S. and got killed by a couple kids that went on to play D2 ball.

No clue actually - have never heard the name. Looking through scout and rivals it seems as though he was a pretty decent recruit back in 2004, but i can't find that he ever made it into a game.

Sorry man - not sure.

Quote:
Also, how is PSU looking with instate recruits? I know where we stand from the Michigan perspective on Hale, Saddler, Baldwin, Pryor, Wilson, Graham, Carraway, ect. but it looks like PSU is out of it for a lot of the top talent instate. Thats gotta hurt since Pennsylvania produces so much talent.

Miami Fans

how is Marve looking ?

is he going to be redshirted? or does he have the chance to compete with Wright :x
sick.gif
or Freeman :rolleyes
eyes.gif

TEAM FREE AGENT
Looking for a Max Deal
Miami Dade County
DOLPHINS GATORS HEAT HURRICANES​

He's supposedlys lookin good. All the recruits except fpr Ojomo are on campus. Nix says the Job is open but if Marve has to play this year, then our season is gonna be trash.
The Return of Swol​
Moderate Deez​

Quote:
:nerd:
nerd.gif
They're gonna be a top 10 team at the end of the yr. Im telling you.

But hey, they got a pretty weak schedule this yr, but the next couple of yrs is ROUGH.

I believe you. Thats why I'm scared cause OSU owns Michigan right now.

I hadn't heard about the upcoming home/away that they have. That incredibly tough! Michigan needs to add another quality home/away for next season. Rumblings about Rutgers, but the way its looking right now thats not gonna happen. We are looking to extend the ND contract for awhile though. After this year things should be looking up for the Irish.

Thanks Craftsy

^That's gonna be crazy. Two of the toughest spots to play. Oh, and Pryor had a visit to osu not too long ago.
Quote:
I hadn't heard about the upcoming home/away that they have.
Scheduled.

Damn. Thats actually making me pretty upset as a Michigan fan. Bill Martin needs to step it up and schedule some real opponents in the next couple of years. This year is nice w/ Oregon, but the it would be cool if they could do back to back (the away was played in like 2004, I believe). Michigan will have an Ohio State like schedule next year (which would be good i guess for breaking in a new QB - Mallett). Things will be changing in the future with the renovations and probable new coach.

Corner-On-Field.jpg

I'm turning this into slight homerism... but I'm getting upset w/ my own school, so i guess its ok.

Quote:
Program on the rise: Wake Forest Demon Deacons (they'll win the ACC AGAIN but how long will they be able to keep their Coach)

You really feeling this? I'm hoping you're wrong cuz we're prolly gonna have to beat them in our last game to get that bowl bid so yea.

Quote:
SEC=MOST OVERRATED AND OVER HYPED CONFERENCE IN AMERICA (WHATS UP GUNNA)
ing to believe their own hype...

ESPN has is hand so far up the SEC's you-know-what it is a joke! They know that SEC = ratings and Gameday @ SEC games = hype...

Pac-10 is year in and year out the most underrated conference in the nation...the teams in the Pac-10 always have to fight their way UP the polls...the CFB voters are SO biased towards football Tenessee and South and Texas and East...

SEC teams ALWAYS play week out-of-conference schedules and NO ONE says anything...

BTW...Top 10 schedules:

Top 10 Toughest jmadidas2001@earthlink.net

I don't know about Pac-10 being underrated. USC, UCLA and Cal get alot of preseason love. The early rankings are what had USC in the national championship hunt when others like Auburn had to work up the chain through the season and still didn't get any love.

For me it seems that with the SEC, the wrong teams are the ones that get the early love. Tenn, UF, and LSU are have been early favorites as of late and then somebody else makes a move.

With the Pac-10 it's fairly easy to name who will be in the running at the end of the season. It is a very top heavy conference, with only occasional upsets. SEC upsets are weekly, it is tougher top to bottom.
For Sale DS Cement III Size 12 $280 shipped.

The thing with the Pac-10 is that they have to play everybody in the conference. In a sense they beat up on each other the whole conference season, thus their records are bad to the casual viewer.

The west coast has the best brand of football (Pac-10, WAC, Mountain West). I didn't say the best teams, I just believe that they play a far better style of football than most other teams in the country. Of course, it bugs the crap out of me when teams like LSU call out USC saying they have a weak schedule and stuff. USC has beaten every big team on their slate and narrowly lost conference games. Nobody watches the Pac-10 and has no idea how these teams play each other.

Cal, Oregon, and UCLA are good, and just need to get over the hump. And I think we can all agree that USC has had the best teams for like the past 4 years talent wise.
OREGONDUCKS
Jonathan Stewart for Heisman​

I'm just hoping Xavier Lee has a good year. Screw Weatherford. If that happens, watch out for FSU.
TeamCowboysFree bmxdmx

Back
Top Bottom