Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

yea, i agree its far-fetched, but i'm just thinking out loud there.. i mean, the reason i think that is because he had this so called "minor" surgery in the spring.. and he still isn't healthy? just seems a little weird to me.. he only had arthoscopic(sp?) surgery and should have been ready by now.. should have been ready for weeks.. And i don't know what valuable practice time you are talking about gunna.. there has only been one practice open to the public.. and Jimmy was right there throwing to everybody just like Jones and Sharpley.. the only difference was Jimmy didn't attempt a pass longer than 15 yards.. And when the media asked Charlie about it, he just said he didn't notice and didn't say anything else on it.. which seems a little fishy to me.. but anyway, i still think clausen will start if and when he's healthy, i just don't feel comfortable with Jones out there the way he's thrown the ball in the open practice and student appreciation day....
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

NORMAN, Okla. -- Tailback Allen Patrick went through about half of Oklahoma's practice on Wednesday and may be able to start Saturday against North Texas.

Patrick missed more than two weeks of practice and had been wearing a protective boot on his right foot while recovering from a sprained ankle.

"He said he feels better than he did when he played on it last year," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "Again, he's getting better and we're working him toward playing."

Patrick, the expected replacement for star Adrian Peterson, also sprained his right ankle last season and missed two games before returning to run for 163 yards and a touchdown in the regular season finale against Oklahoma State.

His backup, Chris Brown, was suspended for the North Texas game. Senior Jacob Gutierrez, who ran for 173 yards as a third-stringer in a double-overtime win over Baylor two years ago, and freshmen DeMarco Murray and Mossis Madu could see playing time.

- - My take on it.....Demarco murray is going to go the @#%$ off.......
TEAMYANKEES

Quote:
Thinking about Holland, this is a long shot, but if he were to actually come to Oregon and become a consistent player and start along with Derrick Jones, that would be interesting just to seem them line up, as they were both arguably the fastest players in the nation for their classes coming out of high school.
OREGONDUCKS
Jonathan Stewart for Heisman​

J.B. Fitzgerald to announce tonight on ESPNU, very, very good chance he's Blue.
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Trent-Warren
DETROIT LIONS
Fire Millen​

Yep. JB should announce tonite. Rutgers fans think that he will go there because Rutgers is also playing tonite. They are dreaming. He has been Michigans #1 LB recruit the entire process. Locking him up right now would be huge. It also helps that he and Brandon Smith are boys and will be coming to town together September 22nd. Getting 3 of the Top 5 NJ prospects is big and shows that Szabo is one of the more important coaches on the staff
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

I had a dream last night that VT got blown out in some really big game last night. Don't know who they were playing...but it was a major upset and cost them a NC and the ACC.

Deja Vu in the making i'm almost certain....

hurricane fans in miami

i know the game against marshall is on espn u, but do any of you know if it will be on any regular channels ?

TEAM AALIYAH
ONE IN A MILLION
DOLPHINS GATORS HEAT HURRICANES

What the hell is the Bachelor doin analyzing :lol:
laugh.gif
Code:
 TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! HOLD UP!! Chris Rainey is playing CB now?????? When did this happen? Gator fans, lemme know something! Gunna, I know you down there in FLA, you hear anything about this??? I though Urban Meyer promised him that he was gonna be the starting RB?? Im gonna go on a search for a link for verification......
TEAMYANKEES

I aint even been payin attention to the Gators. If he's playing CB just how bad is that Def. Backfield SMH, thats a gad damn shame, I will do my normal good will hunting to come up with an answer
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Lower then Low, The Scum of the Earth

Here you go more stuff about Fitzgerald and Smith if you havent seen it yet.
Quote:
Inside The Fort - Aug. 30 (J.B. Fitzgerald) Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the latest edition of Inside the Fort, in which we share some of the juicier tidbits weve picked up in recent weeks on football, basketball, hockey and of course recruiting.

Starting with football recruiting

With New Jersey linebacker J.B. Fitzgerald set to announce his decision tonight, lets go a little deeper into why we feel strong about Michigans chances (and we do. We really do). The first reason is obviously his numerous visits to Ann Arbor this past spring and summer and his reaction to those trips. No. 2, there are more than rumors out there that Fitzgerald more or less told the Michigan staff he would be joining them during his last visit to the campus.

Weve heard other things that we havent made public, but now feel comfortable sharing mainly, what Fitzgerald has told fellow recruits. New Brunswick (N.J.) safety Brandon Smith, as you read earlier this week, is close with Fitzgerald. In conversations with us and with others who have covered him in the last couple weeks, Smith has talked about that relationship as it pertains to Michigan.

When I talked to [Smith] a couple weeks ago he said he was excited to see Michigan and made it sound like he was looking to see if he wanted to join J.B. there, said one New Jersey based source.

Early decisions (and its debatable if this one is or is not) more often than not tend to go in favor of the local school because they are often the only ones recruits are able to get to before official visits. Fitzgerald, however, has personally visited each of the final three schools on his list multiple times - most recently with his family - so that aspect of the equation looks to be nullified. Plus, with what we have already stated in terms of Michigans perceived lead, the fact that Fitzgerald is making his decision now looks to play into Michigans favor.

Speaking of Smith, one final postscript on him. He will be visiting Rutgers tonight with teammates Marquise Hamm and Paul Vigo for the Scarlet Knights opening game of the season against Buffalo. Both of Smiths teammates are also being recruited by Rutgers.

Going back to our travels this past weekend, we got to see four of Michigans commitments in the classes of 2008 and 2009 and three of Rivals.coms top 100 prospects to watch in the class of 2009. One to point out is Dion Sims, the 6-5, 230-pound wide receiver out of Orchard Lake St. Marys. Sims was arguably the most impressive prospect we saw all weekend long, and theres some good news on the Michigan front with regards to his recruitment. Sims uncle works closely, and has for years, with the Michigan football team. That connection very well could pay off down the road for the Wolverines.

Also a top basketball prospect (and proving it this summer), Sims stated that even though football is the sport in which he as the most upside, his favorite sport is basketball and he plans to play both in college. The Sims family, then, plans to be paying close attention to new basketball coach John Beilein and the results of his team on the floor this winter. Right now there is optimism about the Wolverines future on the hardcourt, but Michigan State sources like the Spartans chances as well word has it Sims is planning a visit to East Lansing this weekend.

Well see how this one progresses over the course of the next year, but it will be one to watch closely.
TEAM WOLVERINE
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions
GO BLUE​
Wanted sz. 8 or 8.5: Michigan Jewel AF1 Mid

www.miamiherald.com/sport...19940.html
Quote:
BY MIKE MCCALL
Miami Herald Writer

With Florida's options at defensive back limited, they might be starting to reach over to the offensive side for some answers.

Freshman running back Chris Rainey practiced as a defensive back Wednesday.

''I'm not sure what was going on with that,'' safety Tony Joiner said.

``They just stuck him in during our two-minute offense, but I'm pretty sure the coaches have a plan for him. They just wanted to see what he can do.''

Rainey has little experience at the position and is also on offense and special teams for this season.

' "At corner you have to have a brain as well,'' Joiner said. ``I really don't know his mental capacity, or how well he will learn the game. Athletic-wise, for Chris Rainey, he definitely can play that position.''
5yi5h6c.jpg
Quote:
Calm of West Virginia just fine for Devine
By Terry Brady
tbrady@news-press.com
Originally posted on August 30, 2007

Courtesy of west virginia University
Lee County's all-time leading rusher Noel Devine is fighting for the second string tailback position for West Virginia University.
ALSO FROM NEWS-PRESS.COM
Photo Gallery: Devine and Rolle - looking back
DELIVERING YOUR WORLD
Subscribe to The News-Press
Place a classified ad
Printer friendly version
Email this article

Opti Express

Throughout Noel Devine's high school football career, the spotlight upon him was always bright and always on.

Since Lee County's all-time leading rusher graduated from North Fort Myers High in the spring and moved on to play for West Virginia University, the light's intensity has lessened to a flicker.

And he couldn't be happier about it.

"It's better," he said. "It's a lot better. It takes the pressure off me."

Devine, 19, is fighting for the Mountaineers' second string tailback position with freshman Jock Sanders as All-American Steve Slaton, the nation's fourth leading rusher last season, holds the top spot.

"I'm learning from the veterans, watching what they do," Devine said.

WVU coach Rich Rodriguez said Devine will see playing time this season as a back and as a kick returner. He said Devine could possibly see some game time in the slot position as well.

"Any true freshman that plays at all, which is rare at this level, you have to consider it (a) success," Rodriguez said.

While Devine's playing time might be limited this season, Rodriguez has high hopes for the 5-foot-8-inch, 170-pound speedster.

"I think he'll have an outstanding career," he said. "He has great quickness, good ball skills, he's eager to learn, which is what you hope you get when you recruit. He's like a sponge. You can tell he loves football."

Devine said when he arrived in Morgantown this summer, he told his coaches he didn't want any special treatment.

In talking to Devine and Rodriguez, it doesn't seem like he's getting any.

"I'm just trying to do what I can do and not get yelled at," Devine said. "(The coaching staff) is on you more than in high school. It's tough. It'll test you sometime."

Devine said a big test came over the summer when he and his teammates went through a two-week training camp that had them working out, practicing and learning the offense through 131/2 hour days.

"We push the guys pretty hard," Rodriguez said. "It's pretty intense. (Devine's) work ethic is outstanding, which goes to be expected."

Rodriguez described Devine as quiet and said he is fitting nicely into the program.

"He's doing well," Rodriguez said. "Like with any true freshman, there's a learning curve that takes a while to learn, but I've been really pleased."

Devine said learning a new offense and new terminology was a bit daunting at first, but said he feels he's starting to get a firm grasp on it.

He also said he's getting a firm grasp on college life.

"Everyone seems so supportive, positive," Devine said. "I'm starting a new life up here. I have a different reputation up here."

When asked if he missed Southwest Florida, Devine quickly answered "no."

"That place was holding me down," he said.

Devine said he remembers those who doubted he would pass the ACT, those who doubted he would graduate high school, and those who doubted he would go on to college. He said that sometimes works as inspiration for him.

Despite all that, Devine said he can't wait to return.

But not to hang out. He said he misses his two children terribly and can't wait to see them again.

"I'm going to see if I can't get down there during the (University of South Florida) week," Devine said.

WVU travels to USF on Sept. 28. The game is slotted to be broadcast on ESPN2.

Devine said since arriving at WVU, he has had no free time, which he said has required some adjustment on his part.

"It's full-time football," Devine said.

When asked how WVU's recent dubious honor of being crowned the No. 1 party school in the nation would affect him, he said it wouldn't.

"I went to school to play football," he said, "You have to follow the rules and stay focused."

Devine said he and his teammates have an 11 p.m. curfew.

"It helps keep you out of trouble," he said.

Devine, who has yet to declare a major, said he is taking 17 credit hours. That is six more than required to be considered a full-time student.

Over the past few years, it has been common for Devine to cut interviews short, as he did with The News-Press on Monday.

However, the reason he gave for his departure was one he had never used in the past.

"I have to go now," he said. "I have to go study."

TEAMYANKEES

i asked this earlier, but whatever..Oregon fans, how much PT is Garren Strong gonna get? He went to my high school so I'm really hoping he does well and maybe gets a chance for the NFL...I've read he's had trouble staying healthy and stuff but I saw the depth chart and he was gonna be a starter this year?
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Quote:
i asked this earlier, but whatever..Oregon fans, how much PT is Garren Strong gonna get? He went to my high school so I'm really hoping he does well and maybe gets a chance for the NFL...I've read he's had trouble staying healthy and stuff but I saw the depth chart and he was gonna be a starter this year?
OREGONDUCKS
Jonathan Stewart for Heisman​

LSU DOES NOT look like they deserve the title of the #2 team
Team49ers
Patrick Willis = DROY in 2007​

aha no problem man, thanks. yea Oregon always seems to use all their receivers nearly equally, not sure if it's true but whenever I watch them they're always subbing dudes in and out at WR
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Quote:
LSU DOES NOT look like they deserve the title of the #2 team
:lol:
laugh.gif
premature ejaculation

my god, calm down, 1st game of the season
penalties and a dropped TD or it would be 20 to Nothing.

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Mississippi State just got robbed, LSU blatant facemask in the end zone that was a horrible miss by the refs
Team Oakland Athletics

I remember the days when you could walk into J.C. Penny's and pick up Jay's. Man I wish those days were still around.

For a 17-0 game, this has been pretty entertaining.... MSU has missed some chances and forced the ball way too much in the passing game, but they have shown flashes of being a decent squad... that one d-lineman is very good, he's drawing at least a double team every play now and still getting push. And the O-Line has given the QB plenty of time... the secondary of LSU is just too quick and his arm too weak however.

I didn't care for the flea-flicker call either, they finally had the ball in LSU's territory and instead of trying to go back to the run, they go for the homerun with a weak-armed QB? Enh... i get the idea about the homerun, but they aren't built for homerun plays.

Anyways - they're just a fumble or two away from this being a game still, but I don't see much changing, I think they blew their load already and will just be coasting the rest of the way.

doucet is nice, their secondary is looking really good, .flynn doesnt look bad, the lsu o-line isnt giving him much time. hes gonna get rocked if they try running that weak option against vt though :D
happy.gif

Ga tech going down in just a matter of hours. Taylor Bennett come on your nothing without CJ. Tashard "I had to transfer because i suck" Choice is overrated as they come. Demetrius Jones :pimp:
pimp.gif
Quote:
I wake up every morning in a bed thats too small, drive my daughter to a school thats too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little, but on pretzel day? Well, I like pretzel day...

LSU's offensive Tackle situation is a bad one. converted Tight End. :smh:
smh.gif
My God

And I dont know what Les Miles is tryin to prove by letting the FB get all the carries. He not gonna scare or break any big runs. Keiland needs more carries in the normal offense.

:wow:
eek.gif
WHOOOOOOOOOOO K'O

Doucet Gettin dat work in EARLY! :smh:
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom