Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Armanti Edwards isn't all that good. I would like to see him do that against a Top 5 team.
nerd.gif
. Whoops, he already torched one. I totally forgot that he embarassed my sorryfootball team. Dude is good. I like watching that team play. Except for in Ann Arbor. Dex is good too. But anybody looks good when they go against Johnny Searsand Stevie Brown.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Armanti Edwards isn't all that good. I would like to see him do that against a Top 5 team.
nerd.gif
. Whoops, he already torched one. I totally forgot that he embarassed my sorry football team. Dude is good. I like watching that team play. Except for in Ann Arbor. Dex is good too. But anybody looks good when they go against Johnny Sears and Stevie Brown.
HAHAHA I was about to say. YOU better be joking. Son is shaped like AI, playing football looking like a monster.

after hours USC really doesnt need a JC player when we have other recievers coming back next year like turner, hazelton, ausberry, johnson, etc. although i dothink meyer is trying to say he can take anybody SC is interested by going after the same guys. either way any news on arthur brown or patrick johnson?

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Eastern Washington coach Paul Wulff will become Washington State's new football coach, a person familiar with the selection process told The Associated Press late Monday.

The WSU source spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to make the announcement.

The Pacific-10 Conference school has scheduled a Tuesday news conference on its Pullman campus to announce its new coach.

The Cougars have been looking for a replacement for Bill Doba, who stepped down last month at age 67 after posting a 30-29 record in five seasons.

Washington State athletic department spokesmen did not immediately return phone calls for comment and Wulff did not immediately return a message left at his home Monday night.

The source confirmed Wulff's name was forwarded to WSU President Elson S. Floyd and athletic director Jim Sterk from about seven or eight candidates who were interviewed.

Wulff, 40, has made no secret that he wanted to return to coach at his alma mater, where he was an offensive lineman from 1985-1989 and played on the Cougars' 1988 Aloha Bowl team under Dennis Erickson.

Doba's assistants were retained temporarily but Sterk has said it would be up to the new coach to decide whether he wanted to keep any of them. WSU quarterbacks coach Timm Rosenbach served as Wulff's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at EWU before taking the Pullman job in 2003.

The incoming coach will take over a 5-7 team that returns eight defensive starters and seven on offense. Despite beating cross-state rival Washington 42-35 in the Apple Cup last month, the Cougars missed a bowl game for a fourth consecutive year.

Wulff has been head coach at Eastern Washington, about 90 miles north of Pullman, since 2000 and was named Big Sky Conference coach of the year in 2001, 2004 and 2005. This year's EWU team posted a 9-4 record, losing 38-25 to Appalachian State in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision playoffs Dec. 1.

The coach served as Eastern's offensive coordinator in 1998-1999 and was offensive line coach at the Cheney school from 1994-1997. He has a 53-40 record as EWU head coach.

A 1990 graduate of WSU with a bachelor's degree in social science, Wulff signed as a free agent with the New York Jets, but did not play because of injuries. In 1991-1992, he played with Raleigh-Durham and New York-New Jersey of the World Football League.

WSU's Sterk said when he announced a nationwide search for Doba's replacement that the ideal candidate would have to know the Northwest and have a successful record at the top level of college football.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated

Al Borges is also out as Aubrun Offense coordinator

Originally Posted by Goodfella 19

either way any news on arthur brown or patrick johnson?

True story, I saw PJ on Franklin St. in Chapel Hill this weekend.
laugh.gif
He was up here with his best friend on an official. How many OV's does he have left, one? I didn't even know we were recruiting him like that, butButch Davis is going hard after some of UM's commits. If you've followed AB's recruitment you know it's down to USC, UNC, Miami, Florida, andLSU. His camp is saying its an even race, everybody has a 20% chance, no leader etc., which is bull *!+%. I hope we steal him but my hunch says he'llpick UM next week.

PJ was on Franklin St. ??? I wish I would have know, I would have thrown him my FSU jersey and told him to make the right decision or he wouldn't be makingit out of Durham....Would have had him shook right next to McDonalds....
laugh.gif

Through interviews with several people involved in the process, the Journal-Constitution has learned that Georgia Tech interviewed eight men for the job:
Kentucky offensive coordinator Joker Phillips Connecticut coach Randy Edsall

Charlie Strong, Florida's co-defensive coordinator

Georgia Southern coach Chris Hatcher

Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta

Former Colorado and Washington coach Rick Neuheisel

Former Auburn coach Terry Bowden

Johnson, the coach at Navy

Georgia Tech interviewed two minority candidates, Strong and Phillips.

Only Johnson, who was hired on Friday, received a second interview.

thats the list and Search G-tech did for the HC job, did it in 11 days. pretty good job

Originally Posted by Goodfella 19

after hours USC really doesnt need a JC player when we have other recievers coming back next year like turner, hazelton, ausberry, johnson, etc. although i do think meyer is trying to say he can take anybody SC is interested by going after the same guys. either way any news on arthur brown or patrick johnson?

PJ told a local radio show in the 305 that he's 100% Cane.

He also reassured Marcus Forston that he'd be a Cane last week when Forston asked him about it.

I don't think we'll know where PJ is going until he actually enrolls.

I'd be satisfied with getting Brandon Harris, TJ Bryant, and stealing Janoris Jenkins from UiF. I honestly don't care whether we get PJ anymore. Ithink BH will end up being better than him anyway.

Former Auburn coach Terry Bowden
Mike, How long ago I told you he was itching to get back into coaching.

I iwsh Vols would can fat Phil and get Terry B.
smh.gif

FSU dunn dropped the ball by not letting Terry be the heir to the throne .

Im assuming you are a 'Caine fan (or USC)???? Y'all ain't getting TJ Bryant....
laugh.gif
(hopefully)

And, how are y'all stealing Janorris Jenkins from FSU when he hasn't even commited there???
laugh.gif
He's a Gayturd commit...

This should put an end to all the star worship on this board, but of course it won't.

Wallace Gilberry, all SEC defensive end on star rankings.

"You get a five-star (recruit) in here and he looks pretty, and once the heat turns up those stars start to disappear," Gilberry said. "Then you get guys like myself who are diamonds in the rough, who turn out to be pretty good players.

"You can measure talent, you can measure speed, you can measure agility and quickness and all that. It's a big factor, but you can't measure heart. To me, that's what it all boils down to."

This is an excerpt from an interview done by our local fish wrap in today's edition.

FSU dunn dropped the ball by not letting Terry be the heir to the throne .
Here is something that I found, that I agree with in response to that (Benefits of Jimbo):

First off if you are FSU it was a move that needed to be done because there were questions from recruits about the next coach, and what would happen if Bobbyleft. That question has now been answered, and second the fact is you lose Jimbo your recruiting will suffer and set you back probably three more years atleast, and who's to really say the guy you bring in can recruit at a high level like Jimbo. Now if Fisher does a great job you have your guy, but if itdoesn't work out then the next guy that comes in won't be starting from scratch, and have a lot of talent to work with.

My bad. I meant UiF, but FSWho came out.

Anywho....Here's more on PJ for anybody who cares.....

I've got a quote from Jordan Futch, a 4 star LB committed to Miami, he talked to PJ last week, and this is what PJ told him...
"I talked to Patrick Johnson on Monday. He told me the truth - the truth is that he's getting tired of the whole media aspect of the recruiting process, is tired of it. He was frustrated with the recruiting process at this point. He said, `You know how your mom says to take out the trash, take out the trash? You're like, alright, and then she asks did you do it yet - yeah, I did it.' He said it's the same way - he says when reporters ask if he decommitted he just says yeah so they'll leave him alone.'

"He's talked to coach (Randy) Shannon. Coach Shannon's not worried about Patrick leaving. Everything's cool. Patrick told me he's ready to be there. We're talking about who we're going to room with. He's going to be there."

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Norm Chow was seen on UCLA campus today and had a interview so did Interm head coach Dwyane walker

Norm would be a marginal improvement over Dorrell. Obviously he's a talented offensive coordinator, but the guy simply doesn't have the charisma tobe a successful HC. He might snatch a few big recruits early off his name alone, but definitely not a good long-term move.

First off if you are FSU it was a move that needed to be done because there were questions from recruits about the next coach, and what would happen if Bobby left. That question has now been answered, and second the fact is you lose Jimbo your recruiting will suffer and set you back probably three more years at least, and who's to really say the guy you bring in can recruit at a high level like Jimbo. Now if Fisher does a great job you have your guy, but if it doesn't work out then the next guy that comes in won't be starting from scratch, and have a lot of talent to work with.

Do you post on warchant? Sounds like a warchant post

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

First off if you are FSU it was a move that needed to be done because there were questions from recruits about the next coach, and what would happen if Bobby left. That question has now been answered, and second the fact is you lose Jimbo your recruiting will suffer and set you back probably three more years at least, and who's to really say the guy you bring in can recruit at a high level like Jimbo. Now if Fisher does a great job you have your guy, but if it doesn't work out then the next guy that comes in won't be starting from scratch, and have a lot of talent to work with.

Do you post on warchant? Sounds like a warchant post

Nah, I said in the post that it was something that I came across that I agree with....the dude Michael L. wrote it on warchant

Why the hell would Bud Foster move laterally and go to USC-east ??

That makes no sense....Unless he was promised a future head coaching job or something.....

That may be possible though, b/c I don't think that the ol' ball coach is gonna be there too much longer....

Coach Cutcliffe interviewed for the DUke job.

I'd rather be a grad assistant then be head football coach at Duke

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Coach Cutcliffe interviewed for the DUke job.

I'd rather be a grad assistant then be head football coach at Duke
Why you say that? They had success in the mid-90's, that's better than anything Vandy has ever done. If he goes there, watch him win. He waswinning at Ole Miss, but they kicked him out to get Orgeron. If Cutcliffe had the players Orgeron recruited, Ole Miss would have been 8-4 easy

Back
Top Bottom