Real Talk "BASIC" Has Gone Mainstream...Is There "BASIC" for men? #Pause

tumblr_mzvi8hudPy1s2dlreo1_500.jpg

I don't why, but I laughed...you can honestly see the smug pomposity of his vainglory in his face.

For a minute I thought T.I. posted this

Its a mix og both. I consider people who never try new things or are close minded basic.

These people tend to dress a certain way as well...

to me someone basic, guy or girl, are just sheep. people obviously following trends. I think at some point we were all caught up in it as well. someone said it before and i completely agree "sneaker heads are basic". When i was younger i used to refer to myself as a sneakerhead  and i used to "collect" shoes and matching everything from head to toe. Looking back thats as basic as it gets. Same thing goes for the people trying to emulate kanyes saggy sweatshirt ripped jeans look. you cant follow a "sneaker head" on social media anymore with out them trying to humble stunt with a pair of 350s on.

Last edited:
No shame but i got one of these shirts and its dope but because of how many people i see with this pattern, i dont wear it. Crazy how you think things like that dont affect your psyche but they do. 

http://instagram.com/thatjcrewginghamshirt

Its funny how someone came up with a formula on how a grown man should dress, then want to redicule people for actually doing it.

...so "basic" people walk around naked then? Don't worry, I'll wait as long as it takes for you to intelligently reply.

Your attempt to be funny made absolutely zero sense :lol:

You're trying to apply the definition of the word basic to the actual person as if it's the definition of how the slang term is used.

Type o grudge u holdin on to b lol
Stop thinking like a basic person bro lol, free your mind...this is why Agent Smith ultimately lost to Neo. Smith was built to be "basic", and so was Neo. 

But notice even after Neo's mind was free and told Smith that his name was Neo a million times, Smith kept frustratingly referring to him as "Mr. Anderson" throughout the film series, even moments before his demise.

Some people just enjoy being the best follower they can be...they don't know how think for themselves, and their thoughts, emotions, actions and consequences will always be predetermined because of it. An abiding cycle of basicity.

Basic people see a grudge, enlightened people see empirical evidence.

Last edited:

Basic is a person that is rudimentary in all aspects of their existence. Unoriginal and inept, a tool.

While this is no diss, as several people stated before, even myself, Henz0 is your typical basic person. So is K Steezy, they're both defined by other people's opinion of them. Their self-worth is determined by praise for their ability to ascend within predefined set standards of fashion, subculture and lifestyle. They're not tastemakers, or trendsetters, because their mind simply doesn't think "outside the box". Doesn't make them bad people at all, they're just examples of a basic minded person.

You are the last person in the history of NT who should be throwing stones at any member.

Uggs/North Face??? No this is 2015 not 2008. Let me bestow upon you people the ULTIMATE in basic-ness these days:
You talking 2008 then proceed to post a long champ? 
laugh.gif

This topic is real pause worthy

and you're misusing the slang basic

women aren't called basic because of the way they dress
Misusing how? What part of 'gone mainstream' are you not comprehending? It's been written about, blogged about, antagonized, parodied, embraced, etc. There is a standard set of attire deemed the 'uniform' of basic chicks.  To go one step further, if you on that wave because you think it's hot in the streets...there is a good chance you are 'basic,' regardless of the clothing.

my question: is being basic race dependent?

white girl in leggings = basic

black girl in leggings = ratchet or thot

white guy in j.crew = basic

black guy in j.crew = gay or sellout

asian guy in anything = hypebeast or *******

Polos and chinos are a timeless grown man staple regardless of how far the campus bros have taken it. I bet that pic was from a pretty good school due to the lack of Jordans and loud colored nike's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom