Real Talk:How many people graduate college in 4 years?

I'm a bioengineering major in my freshman year and honestly the 18 unit/quarter workload is ridiculous. My counselors keep stressing the "graduate in4 years" %%*$!@#% but really how many people can do that nowdays? I know people who can take that much work and keep with it but do a significantpercentage of students actually graduate then? Maybe it's just my major.

Glad my parents won't be seeing my gpa this quarter
frown.gif

not many people graduate in 4 years... however, it seems like most of my friends in HS did graduate in 4 years. (they went off to school)

i feel a step below them but i know i will finish soon and getting that degree is all that matters, no matter how long it takes.

keep that mentality to never quit and finish at ur own pace.

it all depends on what else you got going on, if you got bills to pay( rent, food, gas, clothes, girls) and your working, its gonna be reaal difficult tograduate within 4 years. some people are fortunate to be able to only concentrate on school, for others, we got different routes. your not supposed to compareyourself to others, but its always nice to have a guideline to push yourself.

I am about to be 22 in may and 2 years of college left...

thats what I get for %!%+!$* with community college
smh.gif

Depends on your major, going full time (5 classes min) yea it's possible.

i graduated in 4 years.. but i was on bball scholarship and all they pay for is 4 years. so i made sure i stayed on top of that.. business administration..graduated @ 21.. wish i coulda took longer tho

Originally Posted by Be23ForLife

it all depends on what else you got going on, if you got bills to pay( rent, food, gas, clothes, girls) and your working, its gonna be reaal difficult to graduate within 4 years. some people are fortunate to be able to only concentrate on school, for others, we got different routes. your not supposed to compare yourself to others, but its always nice to have a guideline to push yourself.

QFT Back in school when i was a super senior I used to hate getting asked that question...."You still here?"....YEAH B I actually have to work for mytuition unlike your spoiled %*%!

I did it in 4 1/2. Out of everybody in my freshmen class I only know 2 that finished in exactly 4yrs.

Originally Posted by djphame1

i graduated in 4 years.. but i was on bball scholarship and all they pay for is 4 years. so i made sure i stayed on top of that.. business administration.. graduated @ 21.. wish i coulda took longer tho

always wondered what happened to athletes when their scholarship is over and do schools make sure the athletes are on track to graduate during their time.

i took 4.5, switched majors
grin.gif

I like to say three and half because my last semester I had an internship and one class. I could have taken that class during the fall or summer but i didntwant too. But I usually tell people it took me 4

Some do some dont.. Don't sweat it man, take as much time as you need
smile.gif
School isn't going anywhere lol

I can be out in May if God says the same.

I don't know too many people finishing in 4. It's either early or late.

A lot of factors change though, summer school, etc.

I did with a double major. French & Business/Economics.

It's not easy though. My brother took an extra semester.

With your major, I could understand if it would take you a little extra time.

But keep in mind you are "paying" for that extra semester and often assistance/scholarships from school only last for 4 years.

So it is really in your best interest to finish on time.

i kno a bunch of ppl thats on they 5th years so i aint too worried bout it... i kno ill prolly be in it for 5... i messed up last year
smh.gif

engineering should be 5 years, so I wouldn't feel too bad. almost everything else should take no more than 4 years. people wasting their life in collegeFTL.

It really depends if you're going full or half the time, and if you're taking all 3 semesters without a break in between. I was fortunate enough tofinish within 4 yrs going to school full-time without any breaks and working full-time. It just depends on your dedication and willingness to sacrifice yoursocial life for the time being.

I'm going to graduate in 4.5 years but I'm in an advanced program and will graduate with my masters. Come on Fam step it up. j/k I took a full semesterin the summer. Going to school year round FTML but how many do you need to graduate 130?

working full time and schooling didnt allow me the 4yr graduation...last semester finally of my 5 yr plan

Back
Top Bottom