Real World DC Trailer Vol. Can the rename this Real World Washington?

Im tired of people acting like DC is some crazy war zone city. How many murders have happened this year? Its under 120...most of those murders are crime oncrime, stop acting like there are people randomly getting murked for no reason. Granted every city has its rough parts but dont be ignorant and say "theydidnt show THE REAL DC" The real DC? According to what? They didnt spend much time in Georgetown, does that make it "not real" because theydidnt film where I live?

Historically the show has filmed in the "trendy part" of whatever city they are in...the "trendy part" of DC right now is U St and all thatcrap...which explains why they filmed there.

Its an old played out MTV Show...stop catching feelings because they didnt do "Real World: Barry Farms"

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Im tired of people acting like DC is some crazy war zone city. How many murders have happened this year? Its under 120...most of those murders are crime on crime, stop acting like there are people randomly getting murked for no reason. Granted every city has its rough parts but dont be ignorant and say "they didnt show THE REAL DC" The real DC? According to what? They didnt spend much time in Georgetown, does that make it "not real" because they didnt film where I live?

Historically the show has filmed in the "trendy part" of whatever city they are in...the "trendy part" of DC right now is U St and all that crap...which explains why they filmed there.

Its an old played out MTV Show...stop catching feelings because they didnt do "Real World: Barry Farms"

indifferent.gif
Assuming this was guided towards me tell me where I said DC is a crazy war zone? Or spoke about the cast not going to an area where bullets will be flying?Yes, DC is a political city, and yes, I'm sure that many of the job opportunities presented to the cast revolve around politics, but there is a lot more tothe city than NW and Capitol Hill.
How am I wrong for wanting the show to take a new direction and hmmm, I don't know, work with at risk youth, or working in locations where they can have agood affect on a city that has one of if not the highest percentage of young people with HIV/AIDS?

Whether you like it or not, the perception of Washington, D.C. to the majority of the people who've never been here is what I call "Washington",the places you typically see the news filmed outside on National news channels. In addition, the people who live in the more lavish parts of the city whenasked say "I live in Washington" and yes, I have proof to say so. If you ask many of the people who live in the more poverty ridden areas of the citywhere they are from, they would say "I'm from DC."

I just hoped they'd show more of the city. Sorry for wanting them to show the good and bad sides of my hometown. No one is catching feelings GTFOHWTBS.We're just having a basic discussion.

Of course, I'm not surprised seeing as many of your posts show you as an uppity douche because "I don't hang out with the trash of the city on Ust, and I live in Georgetown, and I'm better than this & blah blah blah". You aren't that important and no one in here cares.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Im tired of people acting like DC is some crazy war zone city. How many murders have happened this year? Its under 120...most of those murders are crime on crime, stop acting like there are people randomly getting murked for no reason. Granted every city has its rough parts but dont be ignorant and say "they didnt show THE REAL DC" The real DC? According to what? They didnt spend much time in Georgetown, does that make it "not real" because they didnt film where I live?

Historically the show has filmed in the "trendy part" of whatever city they are in...the "trendy part" of DC right now is U St and all that crap...which explains why they filmed there.

indifferent.gif
Assuming this was guided towards me tell me where I said DC is a crazy war zone? Or spoke about the cast not going to an area where bullets will be flying? Yes, DC is a political city, and yes, I'm sure that many of the job opportunities presented to the cast revolve around politics, but there is a lot more to the city than NW and Capitol Hill.
How am I wrong for wanting the show to take a new direction and hmmm, I don't know, work with at risk youth, or working in locations where they can have a good affect on a city that has one of if not the highest percentage of young people with HIV/AIDS?

Whether you like it or not, the perception of Washington, D.C. to the majority of the people who've never been here is what I call "Washington", the places you typically see the news filmed outside on National news channels. In addition, the people who live in the more lavish parts of the city when asked say "I live in Washington" and yes, I have proof to say so. If you ask many of the people who live in the more poverty ridden areas of the city where they are from, they would say "I'm from DC."

I just hoped they'd show more of the city. Sorry for wanting them to show the good and bad sides of my hometown. No one is catching feelings GTFOHWTBS. We're just having a basic discussion.

Of course, I'm not surprised seeing as many of your posts show you as an uppity douche because "I don't hang out with the trash of the city on U st, and I live in Georgetown, and I'm better than this & blah blah blah". You aren't that important and no one in here cares.
That was not the perception that you gave off from your posts. Had that been what you wanted to say, you should have said instead of coming off assomeone who wanted cameras "rollin around the hood showing guns blazing." I hope they did do programs like that, but seeing as how the show hasntaired, I dont know how you can make a judgement based on something you havent even seen.

I really don't care if you think I am an uppity douche, no, I don't hang out with the trash of the city and I dont hang with the even more uppitydouches of U St. I know people from all walks of life and people from all kinds of different backgrounds in the city. So I dont really care what yourperception is, just like you dont care that I think you are probably a "woe is me, the sky is falling, life is so hard, everything sucks" type.

smile.gif

they need to just change the name of the show to 7 strangers. that $h%# aint nothing like livin in the real world. they live in a big **** house and all theydo is get drunk off free liquor and argue about dumb $%*#. i wont be watchin. i feel like they should show the bad areas of the city as well because they are apart of the real world, and south east aint the only bad part of DC. i like the dave chapelle real world better. lol

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

A black dude from Baltimore with 7 white people??? I gotta watch this
roll.gif

lolque.jpg

]

That @%@$ isn't right by no means..

nothing but conflict...

Bmore dude in DC? living there?

roll.gif
roll.gif

I expect ole bot=y to %*%+ somkeone up by eps. 5

it actually wasn't all that bad as I expected it to be...mildly entertaining

this andrew cat is such a lame..so bad its a little funny at times

and the guy from b-more is a cornball, straight up.

Joint jy wack as hell though... Looks like they're spending most of their time in Adams Morgan.. Im pretty sure theyre stayin over near Dupont Circle..

Alot of the guys went to my mans Bar Rhino in Georgetown. They actually wear a shirt one of the guys designed from the show at Rhino now.

Back
Top Bottom