Really Want this shoe but is it worth it?????

Hello, I'm just curious to see if I am the only one in this situation. With all of the Countdown Packs, I usually had one of the two pairs that werereleased and eventually, some people sold the pair I wanted out of the pack so I have the ones from the pack I really want except one, the Retro IV out of theXIX/IV Pack. I already have the XIX's in Black so I just need/want the IV's but every time I have seen them by themselves, they have been listed for$250+ and to me it makes no sense to buy two pairs of a shoe I have but isn't one of my all time favorites and I know that the XIX would be hard to move ifI just bought the pack so my question and sorry for the long windedness but What have you all done in this situation? Did you just buy the whole pack or didyou just pay more then half for one shoe out of a pack you really wanted??? Thank you to all that reply.

The iv is really terrible they did a halfass job if you pay more than $140 you pay too much.I personally didnt buy the pack i hate the XIX and the iv is reallybad quality. I would just suck it up and wont waste me money on it.i dont know where you live but in nyc theres a lot of places selling solo and is goodprices.

I say just buy the pack because you can find it close to retail. In the future the XIXs may be worth more than they are now. I had the same dilemna, but boughtthe pack.

i just got rid of my 4's yestrday. I hate those. terrible shoe. Personally it ain't worth it.

I always say if you really want a shoe just get it as long as you can afford it
smile.gif

if you know some1 that works in a retail shoe store u should get them on sale with a discount. that wat i did i got the pack for $160

we're in the same boat. i think i'll just get the 99' retros instead.

I've heard more then once that the quality wasn't up to par and I already have two other pairs of XIX's so I'm just gonna pass on them sothanks to all that responded again. I would be pissed to pay $200+ for a shoe that wasn't up to par.

Everyone is complaining about quality but i mean if you like the shoe than get it, just dont hoop in it or whatever. Also about the XIX's id just play ballin those...

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

just it get the 99' joints, that's if you can afford a pair, they cost a grip
ohwell.gif
they cost a grip, but if you're already thinking of paying for a whole pack, then you only need to come up with a little more money. i seethem in the niketalk listings in the 400 range. spend a little more and get something you'll really like.

I understand I ask myself that alot when I buy things I got my pair for 180$
pimp.gif
quality sucks but nice looking shoe

just e patient and a good deal will come up... especialy with those 4s i think that its just a matter of time before people start letting them go for cheap

I had 3 pairs of those bastards and got rid of them because i knew the paint would chip and crack on the midsoles. The quality sucks but they are one of myfavorites so im gettin a pair again for sure and when the paint cracks ill just keep on rockin them

yeah you should have just bought the pack and then you could have a pair for beaters, also look everyday and search for good deals.

man the quality is pretty bad on them...if your gonna buy a 250+ $ shoe buy at least the 99 retro if not then just get the pack together....
-retromj17

wait for another friends and family discount and have them search the computer for other stores with the pack if the store your at dont still gotthem......problem solved

you guys are saying that the quality sucks on the CDP's that paint will crack and chip? And to buy the 99's? Come one man. The second you wear them99's same thing is gonna happen for 400-600? Dont make sense. Just buy the the CDP's if you really like them. Quite honestly i want to see pics of someCDP's that have chipped or the soles have fallen off? All of my CDP's are fine.

i couldn't find a good deal for a pair of iv's by itself so i ended up buying the pack from uptempoair.com. i don't really care about thexix's, but it makes for a great work shoe. to the people who say get the 99 iv's, your just gonna cry when your shoes start to crack and crumble forbeing 10 years old. you're gonna spend at least $300-$400 for something over time is really just a trophy shoe. at least i can wear my cdp iv's and notworry about cracking and crumbling with each wear of them. even my b-grade hare's were a lot better quality than these cdp iv's!

Originally Posted by w3stchicago

you guys are saying that the quality sucks on the CDP's that paint will crack and chip? And to buy the 99's? Come one man. The second you wear them 99's same thing is gonna happen for 400-600? Dont make sense. Just buy the the CDP's if you really like them. Quite honestly i want to see pics of some CDP's that have chipped or the soles have fallen off? All of my CDP's are fine.

Ill send you pics of the cracking paint when i pick up my next pair.

i got a pair from a friend at school for $55
he wire em 5 or 6 times and they look ds
you get the best deals at high schools lol
yeah they quality is bad and i wouldnt pay over 100 fr a pair
keep your cash man

Back
Top Bottom