Recommend Me An Artsy/Cult Classic/ INDIE Film

paris.jpg

then on Friday go out and watch....

Science of Sleep was kinda wacky..woulda liked it more if the girl was hot. It was interesting nonetheless.

If you want something like Queens Boulevard you should check out The Pope of Greenwich Village and Three Days of the Condor.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

If you want something like Queens Boulevard you should check out The Pope of Greenwich Village and Three Days of the Condor.
I watched The Pope of Greenwich Village last night, one of my new all time favorites. Great movie, so underrated.
I'm gonna check out Three Days of the Condor though.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Uh, Three Days is about as mainstream as movies get.

The "Trois Couleurs" series is a personal favorite of mine. I think you should probably start watching those if you are down to watch foreign cinema.

"À ma soeur!", is one of the best depictions of adolescent sexuality in film that I have ever seen. Definitely a must see.

I always think that most people have seen them, but I am often wrong, but if you haven't watched any Todd Solondz, I would suggest, "Welcome to theDollhouse", "Storytelling", and "Happiness" in that order.

A movie that I personally love, but seems to be amazingly polarizing, is "Demonlover". I can understand why some may not like it, but it oftenarouses a vitriol from some viewers that I find to be irrational.

As for a lighter movie, I would suggest Miranda July's "Me and You and Everyone We Know". It used to be on Showtime or movie channels sometimes,so you may still be able to catch it there. Miranda July is one of my favorite writers, and this movie is one of my favorites in the past few years.

Originally Posted by hugebird

As for a lighter movie, I would suggest Miranda July's "Me and You and Everyone We Know". It used to be on Showtime or movie channels sometimes, so you may still be able to catch it there. Miranda July is one of my favorite writers, and this movie is one of my favorites in the past few years.

Yes!

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by hugebird

As for a lighter movie, I would suggest Miranda July's "Me and You and Everyone We Know". It used to be on Showtime or movie channels sometimes, so you may still be able to catch it there. Miranda July is one of my favorite writers, and this movie is one of my favorites in the past few years.

Yes!
Thanks it's on the IFC channel this week so I programmed my DVR.

Back
Top Bottom