Recommend me some books, foos!

I just got done reading Love in the Time of Cholera (one of the best books I've ever read) and needsomething new to pick up. Maybe something light or by an Asian-American author.
Has NT ever read any of the following books?

Wicked.jpg

goddess.jpg

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

^ thats a gem!

gko2408 what are you into?
I'm not really sure, I'm just looking for some good fiction books (maybe historical fiction?). The past couple books I've read:

Love in the Time of Cholera
100 Years of Solitude (wasn't a big fan)
Les Miserables

I guess I'm looking for something a little bit lighter this time around, or something by an Asian-American author.

If you're into teen movies, I recently read "I Love You, Beth Cooper" by one of the former writers of The Simpsons. I found it to be prettyfunny. It's being made into a movie releasing this July with Hayden Panettiere and Lauren London.

if youre looking for something by an asian author...

ruth ozeki - my year of meats
monique truong - the book of salt
louis-ann yamanaka - wild meat and the bully burgers

were all books i've enjoyed recently.

i also haven't gotten around to jessica hagedorn, but i've heard good things about the gangster of love and dogeaters.

I got 3 must reads for ya:

I read all of these cover to cover in less than a few days.

51SQQVG3HDL._SL500_.jpg

covergross.jpg

1750-1.jpg

If you want Asian, pick up some Murakami. But otherwise, the past 2 fiction Pulitzer winners are excellent: 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy and 'TheBrief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao' by Junot Diaz.

Originally Posted by solefob

the kite runner.

Good book and a fairly good representation in the film. "Noli Me tangere" - by Jose Rizal good historical fiction book about the Philippines"Sadartha" - Hermin Hessse "The Buru Quartet" by Pramoedya Ananta Toer. The series was banned in indonesia. "The American BornChinese" Gene Yang (graphic Novel) very easy to read Non-Asian Topics/Writers Check for any graphic novel by Joe Sacco. "Palestine" is a goodone. "Safe Area Grozarade (sp?)" "Black Skin White Masks" & "The Wretched of the Earth." Franz Fanon.

Back
Top Bottom