Recommended Beard Trimmers/Clippers

Alright, I'm in the market for a good beard trimmer.  I'm done shaving with that Mach 3 Turbo, or the Mach 4 or Mach 5, or Fusion, etc etc...They make a new one every few months and they seem to triple in price each time.

Plus, I'm just flat out tired of shaving my whole face clean.  I got a real thick beard and it's damn hot and humid here in FLA and will be for the next 5 months and using that razor is just getting annoying and it irritates my face to no end.  So, I'm putting it down and will only use it on my neck here and there to clean it up.

I'd really just like to have a trimmer that can get down low enough to have my face look like it has only about two days of growth on it and just keep it tight like that from here on out.

Any of you have any recommendations/suggestions on a good brand or model to use?  I'm not worried about spending a good chunk on it if it is going to be high quality and last.

LMK.  Peace.

Bump. I know somebody has got to use a trimmer that they recommend. Any barbers in here recommend a good professional brand? I'm gonna go grab it today hopefully.

Ya I also got a wahl been working fine with me u can also go to were they sell stuff like that I think well out here there's a store called sallys they sell clippers and stuff

Andis Pivot. You can probably find them on eBay for $30 - $35. At your local hair store its about $45.

Ok cool.  I appreciate the info fellas.  I was hesitant to use the Wahls because of their price, being so low, so I suspected they may not get the job done.  But, if y'all are saying they work I'll probably give them a shot.  Might have to take a serious look at those Andis Pivots though too. 
nerd.gif

^^^

i got the same combo and still manage to get hair bumbs time to time smh

Good thread just decided I'd be rocking the beard as well....heading to my local target today to get something to trim this thing down

Respect fam for all the good info.  I'm gonna give that combo a shot, looks very promising...
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

@JayzOnMyToes, I'm assuming we live in the same area (813/727); but I feel you there man, it's hard not to get bumps around here in the summer especially, this humidity is ridonculous!!!!!  And it's only June...still got July, August, September, October...
30t6p3b.gif

What comb set do you purchase to use with the Andis T-Outliner?

I see there are many options and I'd like to make sure the ones I pick up fit the T-Outliner.

I use the T outliner to line up, what do you all do to blend your beard? I think I'm about to cop the attachment blade for the T outliner.

I just copped the T-Outliner and the blade recommended above for a total of $56 and some change including shipping from Amazon...
pimp.gif

I do my hairline with this only thing I dislike is that it gets really hot quick...

It cuts low but not as low as it would if you shaved. But prevents razor bumps.

Besides the t-liners has anyone copped the Oster 76? I heard it was the truth and been thinking about copping for the longest

Anyone use a comb set with the T-Outliner to trim down your beard and shave your head?  If so, what comb set do you use?

I see a few t-blade options on Andis' website but I wanna make sure that I get the right ones to do the job.

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Besides the t-liners has anyone copped the Oster 76? I heard it was the truth and been thinking about copping for the longest
I've got one. If I had to do it again I would've got the oster finisher or wahl peanut or something similar to those. I wish the 76 had a taper lever. It's good, no doubt about that, but most people don't need this much power from a clipper. They get hot pretty quickly as well.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Anyone use a comb set with the T-Outliner to trim down your beard and shave your head?  If so, what comb set do you use?

I see a few t-blade options on Andis' website but I wanna make sure that I get the right ones to do the job.

T outliners are trimmers. You can't get comb sets for them. You're looking for a set of clippers it seems.

Back
Top Bottom