Reebok 2010 ~ ZigTech

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

^Because Posterior Tibular Tendonitis is a very rare problem with your tendon on the inside of your ankle. It messes up your whole foot.

The most common solution for this disorder in its' early stages is to give the tendon time to rest, which means not using it. Which is hard to do, because it's a part of the body you use hundreds of times an hour regularly. So commonly, doctors will put the foot in a walking boot or other such orthotics. What that does is limits your foot and ankle's movements, so your tendon doesn't get used. When your tendon IS used, like when you walk around with flip flops, it aggravates the problem and causes you extreme pain.

With normal feet, the tendon isn't inflamed and you can use it regularly. Unfortunately, you have a rare disorder. Sorry buddy.
frown.gif
i feel special now, 
grin.gif

back to the Zig Techs.

i need to find a 13.5 in the Red/Black CW, Eastbay/Footlocker had them up for the first week or two out, but they have sold out 
mad.gif

any help in finding a 13.5 would be def. appreciated 

I think I'm going to buy me some of these but does anyone know the sizing on them? I wear a 9.5 in Nike, so would it be the same? Anyone who has these, let me (and others who read this) know. Thanks!

For me I buy the same size and it worked fine for these, but someone mentioned earlier to maybe go half size up

These are certainly interesting but as with a lot of these new tech ideas/inventions, it remains to be seen what benefit they actually have. Im interested to try a pair for myself before i make judgement but i hope they are good as it is about time Reebok came out with something new that is decent.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

back to the Zig Techs.
i need to find a 13.5 in the Red/Black CW, Eastbay/Footlocker had them up for the first week or two out, but they have sold out 
mad.gif

I checked our system for the size 13.5 Reebok Zig Pulse - Men's in Black/Silver/Red (320340).  Unfortunately, we are not receiving anymore shipments in for this shoe. 
frown.gif

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

back to the Zig Techs.
mad.gif

I checked our system for the size 13.5 Reebok Zig Pulse - Men's in Black/Silver/Red (320340).  Unfortunately, we are not receiving anymore shipments in for this shoe. 
frown.gif

EastbayRep - Ray
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

You guys arguing about stride types are missing the point entirely.

We're supposed to run barefoot, evolutionarily speaking. Our feet and legs are evolved to run that way. And for those of you that gone running with no shoes, you already know this is true. It's a million times better than with shoes. If you haven't tried it yet, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, when you run barefoot, you land on the outside of your midfoot, then your heel dips and you push off again. That's how our feet work. That's why we have an arch. There's a shape in architecture based on this concept; basically it can support weight above the curved portion, and the curved shape allows it to stretch out and accommodate more weight without breaking.
IM.1470_zl.jpg

That's how our feet work. When you land on your midfoot, your arch stretches out to support your weight.You land light and fast under your center of gravity. If you don't believe me, then go outside, find a park, and run around in your bare feet. You'll see it yourself.

So back in the 70s when running became a big commercial market, Bowerman made a shoe that he thought could change running for the better. He figured that if you had a comfy heel, you could land on it when you run. And if you did that, you could take longer strides, and thus run faster. (By the way, seriously that was what he thought. That's like a 4 year old's understanding of science) So he made up the Cortez, which really introduced the idea of a thick-soled running shoe, and ended up changing a lot of the western world's ideas about how we run.

So basically in the last 30 years shoe manufacters have spent a whole lot of time making up crap for running shoes. Things like "pronation" and "arch support" are absolutely ridiculous if you think about them - as I explained, an arch IS ALREADY ITSELF A SUPPORT SYSTEM! So why would you put a little bit of rubber underneath it and  pretend like that's how it workds
laugh.gif
It's completely ridiculous.

When Reebok says the ZigTech will save you wear and tear on the leg (like in the ads how you use 10% leg muscle or whatever it was), thus enabling you to run fast. That's not how the body works. Your legs are SUPPOSED to work a lot when you run! When they don't get exercised because you have a shoe like this, they muscles become weak! You don't become faster because your body is using less energy for your legs and can like transport that energy to your lungs! It's all more idiotic 4 year old ideas about how human beings work.

I mean, I would wear these casually. When you walk, it's supposed to be a heel-toe movement, so having a huge cushioned sole might be comfy in some limited use. But if you're running in this, you're not doing anything close to what nature intended your body to do. That's the bottom line

a much better, more in depth of an explanation than i gave...one thing you notice right away when you run barefoot is, especially if you are used to running shoes, that you cannot run heel to toe or else you'll be in PAIN! you'll also get quite a bit of foopt fatigue from using those underdeveloped muscles...that being said zigtech's, due to their construction, vs. a regular shoe could allow one to use less energy while running (not only because of the midsole geometry...)

yea a reebok rep came into our store yesterday and told me the details of how the shoe saves you energy and its pretty koo. crazy how they thought of this

Just ordered a 2nd pair for myself and the wife a pair. I just love wearing these around, and if nothing else want some pairs to have in the future. I still kick myself for not buying more DMX Runs when they first released. What was I thinking, first shoe with DMX technology and it looked cool? Idiot!

i finally had the chance to try on a pair yesterday. man these things are comfortable. i only walked around a bit in them but i could see myself wearing them all day and being totally comfortable. probably why the finish line employee girl had some zig IDs of her own.

Got a pair with the $30 off Footlocker coupon yesterday.  I never buy Reebok, but I really like these shoes.  I am an 11.5 in Nike, but I was an 11 in the Zigs. These will get alot of use going forward.
75c16c4de37783b81481b4e2674654b4f572ce93.pjpg

Lots of looks from people too...lol!

if you are running barefoot, pronation is not an issue, but in a shoe thats designed to make you run biomechanically correct, it becomes and issue.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Thats the color I just ordered
Great shoe, I am seriously thinking of getting another pair to have for when these get worn out.  Can't go wrong for $70, I can get two pairs for under what I paid for my Air Max 2009's (love them also). 

^thanks man
smile.gif
I really want these in the Neon/Cherry Red cw.... but they're really not that cool now that I've had sometime to think about it
laugh.gif
and I feel like everybody has the black/red cw too. hmmmm

^^^ Saw those at Ross about three months ago and thought the same thing. Look very similar from afar, but I think the technology concept is different.

Back
Top Bottom