Reebok Answer IV's August 2012?

^^^ I believe the previous reincarnation (which was released on Eastbay) did NOT have DMX cushioning, which obviously did not go well with fans of the shoes. This was the reason they bombed even thous finals colorway was released.

The current release, however, DOES have proper DMX cushioning (from the press release Reebok did). Hopefully this is true.

Champs should have them but make sure you try them on first though because I find them to fit big so I'm glad I went with a 10.5 rather than my normal 11.

Last edited:
These DO NOT have real DMX in them.  They put some type of foam in the midsole, but I repeat: DO NOT EXPECT THESE TO FEEL LIKE THE ORIGINALS.

I just got my pair from Foot Locker and they feel the same as the 2005 retros.  A shame.  However, the Foot Locker guy told me that the limited colorways that are coming out are supposed to have true DMX in them, so take that for what it's worth.

^^^ I believe the previous reincarnation (which was released on Eastbay) did NOT have DMX cushioning, which obviously did not go well with fans of the shoes. This was the reason they bombed even thous finals colorway was released.
The current release, however, DOES have proper DMX cushioning (from the press release Reebok did). Hopefully this is true.
Champs should have them but make sure you try them on first though because I find them to fit big so I'm glad I went with a 10.5 rather than my normal 11.

any one else also tried these on and feel they run a 1/2 size big from their tts?

Last edited:
too much white. A.I. DID rock these at one point, but these aren't the '2001 Finals Game 1 take Tyron Lue soul' joints.

reebok did yall dirty false flaggin with these.

too much white. A.I. DID rock these at one point, but these aren't the '2001 Finals Game 1 take Tyron Lue soul' joints.

reebok did yall dirty false flaggin with these.
add to that the fact that they played us out of putting real DMX in them AGAIN for the second time is even more insulting.....but I couldn't resist and got my pair anyway....

anyone else find these big run also.  I'm thinkin about just taking back altogether, especially since they don't have DMX...

I'm not even mad. Retail was a low $115 as it is and most of us paid a lot less than that.

Even without real DMX, I'm willing to bet these feel much better than the Jordan's everyone is paying $160 for.

I'm not even mad. Retail was a low $115 as it is and most of us paid a lot less than that.
Even without real DMX, I'm willing to bet these feel much better than the Jordan's everyone is paying $160 for.
Yea, they have SOME type of cushioning in them, but it just upsets me they advertise these with DMX and hype them up only to release these to people who have sentimental value with these (such as myself, as they were my first basketball shoes that I had to learn the technology used in them, leading to my love of shoes).  Not putting DMX in them, hyping them basically for hypebeasts and re-sellers, and then dropping them for the same price as the originals makes me want to take them back and just buy some performance shoes.  I don't know what foam or whatever they put in these, but I'm willing to bet they won't feel as good as the Zoom Air in the Soldier VI (which goes for the same price nearly) or the Adizero Rose 2.5, and I don't want to hoop in them and take the chance of ruining them and not being able to take them back...

I also don't want to be a re-seller and throw them on eBay, but it's getting really tempting....

Last edited:
Was able to see these earlier today and definitely not impressed. Like others have said, this is some alternate form of cushioning as it's not true DMX. I remember feeling the actual transition of air in OGs and these didn't have that same format. Not bad, but stiffer than DMX. I'll wait for the other Reebok releases...

he wore these the rest of the finals. the reverse black and white which were pretty sick. i cant wait for the red/grey ones either though. 2/2 iverson releases.

They do

Great pic, such a performance monster; iconic shoe. Put my blue/whites on today just for fun

he wore these the rest of the finals. the reverse black and white which were pretty sick. i cant wait for the red/grey ones either though. 2/2 iverson releases.

even that one that's on allen's feet is slightly different then the one eastbay had as a team shoe.

Back
Top Bottom