Reebok anticipating Iverson's retirement? Reebok Answer XIII released...

Originally Posted by mt3130

these are boring, iversons line was never really good
minus the question and the answer iv

i thought the same, but my pair of answer 4s made me hesitate to ever buy reeboks again. those shoes were *%%%. my pair lasted me 3 weeks and i can say that was easily the worst $100+ performance basketball shoe ever.

Respectfully disagree. I got the IVs (though mine were lows) back when they dropped - not the retro'd ones, those suck - and lived in them on the courtduring college - 2 hours a day, 6 days a week for the entire semester. Then I switched them to my outdoor pair and they lasted me another 2 years on blacktop.I have one pair still in my rotation and my third pair on ice. The 4s are performance workhorses for me.

see i had the black/silver mids when the first came out. i loved them while i had them, but the problem is that they lasted me less than a month before thesole showed significant wear and separation started.

^ sorry to hear that. Shame how circumstances like that (the shoe equivalent of a lemon) can ruin a shoe for someone

I'm psyched for the XIIIs, looking for info: anyone have a F&F hookup for the upcoming weekend? secondly, if anyone knows if Reebok plans to drop thesein a low, I would love to hear it.

i got this magazine that reebok puts out called fuel, and according to that magazine the answer 13s are an eastbay exclusive.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

X & XII were great.

I concur, the X is one of my favorite basketball shoes ever. . .(some of you are sleeping or just hating)

Originally Posted by nitzski

Originally Posted by KingJay718

X & XII were great.

I concur, the X is one of my favorite basketball shoes ever. . .(some of you are sleeping or just hating)

Seconded. The XI was nice too, just a little too firm in the cush. The traction was
eek.gif

Matter of fact, I think the AI line overall is top notch. The V and VI were a little sub par, but honestly, every shoe other than that has been a performer onthe court. I don't buy the hate.

Right there with you guys. I love the III in the white/red suede (which didn't get retroed) and the IX. Still play in the IX, it is one of my go-to, neverfail to perform shoes.

Did those blue toe XIIs ever release? Those and a pair of green toes GO HARD!

i think im gonna get a pair of the answer 13s. i like the herringbone sole and the forefoot hexride. does anyone know what heel cushioning these feature?

i like the all black, black/white/red, and white/black colorways. plus theres nothing out right now from nike that im really feeling.

Saw them, tried them...

Wasn't too impressed... if it weren't for the letters "ai" on the tongue, they would've been a generic reebok basketball shoe.

I had high hopes for these. And eastbay has them for $79 says something about these shoes. Where I saw them, they were $69 CAD

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Saw them, tried them...

Wasn't too impressed... if it weren't for the letters "ai" on the tongue, they would've been a generic reebok basketball shoe.

I had high hopes for these. And eastbay has them for $79 says something about these shoes. Where I saw them, they were $69 CAD
well thats disappointing...i might still get them just because theres no good basketball shoes out right now in the US.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Saw them, tried them...

yeah i agree they look like generic rbk bball shoes without the AI logo on it, i tried them on as well and first thing i noticed was how bad the cushioningwas, oh i saw them at the outlet btw

I just saw these on sale at the Reebok Outlet in Las Vegas for 94.99. They had three colorways, blk/wht, wht/blk and blu/wht. They also had the Invictus in aDenver Nuggets colorway. Looks like Reebok did not put any thought into this model. SMH at Reebok, I think Iverson deserves better. He was one of best playersin the league, age just caught up to him.

had i never worn the AZG II, id still be hoopn in some of the Answers. im still looking for the Answer XII.. either white blue or white reds and oddly theyonly showed up at champs.

Originally Posted by 1212theory

had i never worn the AZG II, id still be hoopn in some of the Answers. im still looking for the Answer XII.. either white blue or white reds and oddly they only showed up at champs.

ebay has some sellers with a couple pairs of the XII... they're 50 BIN, 60$ shipped.

The satire site TheOnion.com comes with it... (link)

Iverson.article_large.jpg

MEMPHIS, TN-Though Allen Iverson has taken an indefinite leave of absence and even threatened to retire because of his current bench role, the Grizzliesorganization maintained its stance Wednesday that the 1-7 team has five better players than the four-time NBA scoring champion and 2001 league MVP."We're really confident about the decision to put Mike Conley, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, O.J. Mayo, and Marc Gasol on floor instead of Iverson,"general manager Chris Wallace said of his starters, who combined have appeared in 10 fewer NBA All-Star games than the former No. 1 draft pick. "And Ican't forget about our sixth man, Marcus Williams. He's been coming off the bench and putting up 4.4 points a game. He wowed us when he scored seventhe other night." Wallace added that Iverson, whose 27.0 points-per-game average is the sixth best of all-time, has only 13 years of professionalbasketball experience compared to the 15 years of the Grizzlies' entire starting lineup.
terminator.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself, guys.

Back
Top Bottom