Reebok Iverson Retro Collection: ?, Answer 1 & 4 Out, SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES...

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE Why was the Answer V chosen over the II & III though. Was there some type of consumer feedback?

II & III have a simpler design that could appeal to more consumers in my honest opinion.

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE Why was the Answer V chosen over the II & III though. Was there some type of consumer feedback?

II & III have a simpler design that could appeal to more consumers in my honest opinion.

No real strategy or reason. China had extreme instrest in the A5 and A10 so it was a decision to please the market. But contrary to that decision my idea was to just anniversary the Answer silhouettes as we go. Starting with the A1 that will realese soon, which should have released last year, but marketing sad it was a dumb idea 2 years ago. Stuff gets a little tricky with shoe like the A2 as it’s kinda of a forgetten model, so big retailers wouldn’t carry it so I agree with the decision to hold off, but it would have been dope to do it if Reebok would have invested into basketball and wanted to continue to tell Allen’s story.

So with that being said we had to look at silhouettes that were most iconic to Allen. I feel the A3 would have been perfect and would have aligned with anniversary if retroed! Then re-enginer the A4 and add DMX and retro that the following year, but marketing decided to go with the A5 which isn’t getting the best feedback from markets. So... I don’t know... honestly marketing holds the cards and the made decisions based a little on market feedback but at the end of the day it’s personal opinion. I tried to fight these battles constantly but it’s only so much I could do.

I'm assuming the V's are popular in China because of the big impact that commercial had. People remember the song and sneaker, power of proper marketing.

Yes! The shoe is officially called the Iverson legacy. First drop will be this fall and the rest will rollout over into next year

I def appreciate all the insight into all of this bro, I've been fiending for the 3s since they were teased a couple years back, but then disappeared from the radar. Sucks to hear about the Iverson line in totality though, I think youre right, if they released each model through an anniversary type thing and kept them in limited quantities, I think they'd do okay, but I don't know much about the manufacturing/marketing/etc etc and all that stuff any way, I'm just a fan. Are people really buying the Questions enough to keep releasing them? Like you said, I feel like theyre beating a dead horse. The 4s can be shelved for a while too before they get too played out. Ah man, either way, i'll always keep my ear to the streets when it comes to the AI line, thats my guy! Thanks again

yeah 2’s and 3’s were awesome

the 2’s felt like you were floating on air. not sure if it was because they were broken tho :lol: only my white black pair felt like that. my black white pair didnt. it had more of the rolling feeling my 1’s had

minus the questions its crazy how the first 5 iverson shoes are the top 5 iverson shoes. everything else after was pretty forgettable

these look pretty cool.

should have been the answer vi instead of what was released. i think if they were called the answer xv they would sell better

i would have made the midsole look more traditional, added a bootie, put the vector on the front side of the shoe, and had a neoprene like zipper lace cover. i just hope the dmx feels decent.

if the dmx adds to the cost of a shoe id just use some form of hexalite instead.

if they are priced between 100-120 they might entice people a bit more

are there any reebok endorsed active nba athletes left? on court promotion is always the best

Last edited:
these are definately the best colorway so far and they have a lace cover
06274E09-541E-4E68-961E-E4371AD279C8.jpeg

I def appreciate all the insight into all of this bro, I've been fiending for the 3s since they were teased a couple years back, but then disappeared from the radar. Sucks to hear about the Iverson line in totality though, I think youre right, if they released each model through an anniversary type thing and kept them in limited quantities, I think they'd do okay, but I don't know much about the manufacturing/marketing/etc etc and all that stuff any way, I'm just a fan. Are people really buying the Questions enough to keep releasing them? Like you said, I feel like theyre beating a dead horse. The 4s can be shelved for a while too before they get too played out. Ah man, either way, i'll always keep my ear to the streets when it comes to the AI line, thats my guy! Thanks again

Yeah I agree! I really wishthey would have just stayed with the A3’s back in the day but I’m sure retailers wouldn’t take them especially after Reebok retroed most of there archive in like 2 years. Made no sense or wasn’t strategic at all!

Yes, The Question is amongst the brands most popular shoes. Again sells only equate to what large retailers are taking. Sell through is while another story, but if accounts like Foot Inc, Jimmy Jazz and Finishline continue to thirst for the Question Reebok just keeps pumping them out. The 20th anniversary was a bit over kill... I was present for that... but for them to re-introduce them again so soon with no strategy is ****ING STUPID!!! I again suggested to hold off until 2021 do the 25th anniversary and just continue to roll out the Answers. You could even update the hexalite and upspec a better pearl toe and a nicer suede... but I wasn’t taken seriously again... SMH! I think it would be amazing to Porto this line... Reebok just doesn’t get it! All about selling out to generate revenue which hurts your brand long term!

these look pretty cool.

should have been the answer vi instead of what was released. i think if they were called the answer xv they would sell better

i would have made the midsole look more traditional, added a bootie, put the vector on the front side of the shoe, and had a neoprene like zipper lace cover. i just hope the dmx feels decent.

if the dmx adds to the cost of a shoe id just use some form of hexalite instead.

if they are priced between 100-120 they might entice people a bit more

are there any reebok endorsed active nba athletes left? on court promotion is always the best

I agree. The strategy was to then introduce the Answer 15 after this! Continue to have Allen involved and tell the legacy story. A totally new shoe with all the bells and whistles but unfortunately it didn’t pan out. But I agree the name might suit the shoe better.

The DMX does feel better than what we’ve been accustomed to the past few years so that’s a plus. I’m not sure on price but I believe $140-$150. I agree that $115-$120 should have been the sweet spot but it is a pricy shoe to build with nicer full grain materials. If everything was synthetic maybe could have driven price down a bit.

No athletes at all. 2 seasons ago was the last and final year with Jason Terry and Ramon Sessions holding on. It’s a wrap for the brand in my opinion. Just poor decision after poor decision! Just to many bad plans and terrible follow through. Just heartbreaking as someone who grew up on the brand!

No real strategy or reason. China had extreme instrest in the A5 and A10 so it was a decision to please the market. But contrary to that decision my idea was to just anniversary the Answer silhouettes as we go. Starting with the A1 that will realese soon, which should have released last year, but marketing sad it was a dumb idea 2 years ago. Stuff gets a little tricky with shoe like the A2 as it’s kinda of a forgetten model, so big retailers wouldn’t carry it so I agree with the decision to hold off, but it would have been dope to do it if Reebok would have invested into basketball and wanted to continue to tell Allen’s story.

So with that being said we had to look at silhouettes that were most iconic to Allen. I feel the A3 would have been perfect and would have aligned with anniversary if retroed! Then re-enginer the A4 and add DMX and retro that the following year, but marketing decided to go with the A5 which isn’t getting the best feedback from markets. So... I don’t know... honestly marketing holds the cards and the made decisions based a little on market feedback but at the end of the day it’s personal opinion. I tried to fight these battles constantly but it’s only so much I could do.

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE Damn shame about the II & III and I appreciate the insight on the V though.

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE Off topic here but the 'Mobius OG' is running the Avante Garde mid/outsole - @trentbg said that the Avante Garde itself would drop sometime next year. Is Reebok hinging the Avante Garde retro on the success of the Mobius?

I'm not sure if this is a good idea in the grand scheme of things, as these 'fusion/hybrid' sneakers neither appeal to the new jacks nor the OGs. :smh:

I still have an og pair sz 11 that needs restoration but that Barge Infinity cement is expensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom