Reebok Iverson Retro Collection: ?, Answer 1 & 4 Out, SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES...

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE Off topic here but the 'Mobius OG' is running the Avante Garde mid/outsole - trentbg trentbg said that the Avante Garde itself would drop sometime next year. Is Reebok hinging the Avante Garde retro on the success of the Mobius?

I'm not sure if this is a good idea in the grand scheme of things, as these 'fusion/hybrid' sneakers neither appeal to the new jacks nor the OGs. :smh:

Exactly! I suggested doing the Avante Garde and the Avante Garde low first, but marketing felt more comfortable with Mobius OG. The tooling was also used on the Women’s version of the road block and is kinda similar to the ice pick. So it’s a bunch of the directions for the brand that’s why I thought the tooling was so important. So the shoe is planned for FW19.

The down side is marketing decided to go with the black/white and white/gold colorways instead of the OG white navy colorway... I was so pissed!!! I don’t understand why not retro the original flagship colorway... just doesn’t make sense. But like I said it’s all personal opinion and marketing has the final say. Hopefully they live! Knowing Reebok they might not make it to production.

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE I had the Black/White pair so I'll definitely grab a pair. White/Gold could work in the summer time, not sure why they're waiting till Fall/Winter '2019 to drop it.

It makes sense for a product life cycle span. Mobius OG will continue to roll out through next spring summer! So just trying to keep it in the marketplace for 6 months or so.

Today oct 3 we have the answer 1 released in HK. Yes its our turn! Have to pick up my pair.

Attachments

• DSC_2085.JPG
    DSC_2085.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_2086.JPG
    DSC_2086.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 41
STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE How is the 'Mobius OG' doing at retail?

Overall It’s doing okay. It’s performing better than a lot of Reebok past efforts. Good, but I don’t believe it’s doing phenomenal. Retailers have complained about the price being a little high, but the sell through was great in Asia. The U.S. is steal struggling a tad bit

Overall It’s doing okay. It’s performing better than a lot of Reebok past efforts. Good, but I don’t believe it’s doing phenomenal. Retailers have complained about the price being a little high, but the sell through was great in Asia. The U.S. is steal struggling a tad bit

STONEGATEDRIVE STONEGATEDRIVE Seems like Reebok retailers and customers are on the same page. :lol:

In any case, hope it doesn't stop the Avante Guard from being re-issued.

I still have an og pair sz 11 that needs restoration but that Barge Infinity cement is expensive.
Bro. I just Cemented my pair back up going on 3 months ago by now and i pulled one of them out the box and the whole upper was detached from the sole

these are definately the best colorway so far and they have a lace cover
06274E09-541E-4E68-961E-E4371AD279C8.jpeg

These are pretty Raf Simmons-esque

Bro. I just Cemented my pair back up going on 3 months ago by now and i pulled one of them out the box and the whole upper was detached from the sole

Aww damn. Did you acetone the both the soles and the uppers? I know the surface has to be super clean, zero old glue residue.

Aww damn. Did you acetone the both the soles and the uppers? I know the surface has to be super clean, zero old glue residue.
Nah not at all. Initial problem that i had with the shoes were that they were separated from the bottom (DMX falling out etc). So i just reglued the sole back together alone. Wore them one night after that then i take the right shoe out the box a couple days ago and its in half lol

From the Maintenance thread 3 months ago.

Had to work on my Answers the other night. Had to throw away a pair of socks because the insoles were F'd and sticky. Basically these shoes insoles didnt exist when i got them. Joints are the same age as me (21). so i had to rip off this old film of adhesive and grab a couple of blades and scrape out all the old glue on both shoes.
20180726_033154_HDR.jpg

Put the insoles from my practice Q's in em and theyre a perfect fit. Cant wear them in the Questions because they hurt my feet so i kept them sitting under the shoes in the box for the past two years since i had them.

Next is Barge Cement....
20180726_034132_HDR.jpg

20180726_034119_HDR.jpg

Also glued up my Eggplants the same night as those which was 7 wks ago

Back
Top Bottom