Relationship/girl help thread. Vol. semi long distance (Edit: Update on page 5)

She been your girlfriend for two month, I think you are in no position to ask her to switch careers. Either suck it up for a year and make it work or move on. Its only been two months and you dont see her all the time, so you can't have THAT much invested in this chick (emotional investment, money investment, etc), so it shouldn't be hard to break it off if need be.

She been your girlfriend for two month, I think you are in no position to ask her to switch careers. Either suck it up for a year and make it work or move on. Its only been two months and you dont see her all the time, so you can't have THAT much invested in this chick (emotional investment, money investment, etc), so it shouldn't be hard to break it off if need be.

laugh.gif
I like how everybody keeps bringing up the "two month" fact and the fact that I said that I would ask her to quit as a last result and not really offering any advice from the heart/experience. I hear yall though, asking her to change careers is a streatch, but I'ma be honest, I would do it if it came to that point. And I am starting to come to my senses and realize that I have something good that needs a lil time to build. I just dont see her switching careers while she's in her 30's, and that might be hard to deal with... Still havnt figured it all the way out...

laugh.gif
I like how everybody keeps bringing up the "two month" fact and the fact that I said that I would ask her to quit as a last result and not really offering any advice from the heart/experience. I hear yall though, asking her to change careers is a streatch, but I'ma be honest, I would do it if it came to that point. And I am starting to come to my senses and realize that I have something good that needs a lil time to build. I just dont see her switching careers while she's in her 30's, and that might be hard to deal with... Still havnt figured it all the way out...

Just take it slow man. Let your love for her build and you'll start to see how selfish you sounded.

Just take it slow man. Let your love for her build and you'll start to see how selfish you sounded.

Yes we keep reiterating the fact that it's only been two months and the fact that you brought up an ultimatum because it's foolish to jump into something so quick. Yes, her food looks delish, and she may treat you the best in the whole wide world, even betta than yo momma, but the fact remains the relationship hasn't even blossomed yet.

I can sense a little fear in your tone. It's okay. This is not a life or death decision as you may think it is. You don't want to lose her, gotcha. But you can't exercise any authority over her. Face time is paramount in any relationship and you may feel that she'll go astray if she uses up all her volunteer time, but guess what, she's her own person. You are just her boyfriend, of two months. It's not that serious.

You may love her and she may love you, but that won't do anything to correct the fear and weakness you might be exhibiting. The best thing to do is talk to her, seriously. You don't want to let a good thing go because of insecurities.

Keep your head up.

Yes we keep reiterating the fact that it's only been two months and the fact that you brought up an ultimatum because it's foolish to jump into something so quick. Yes, her food looks delish, and she may treat you the best in the whole wide world, even betta than yo momma, but the fact remains the relationship hasn't even blossomed yet.

I can sense a little fear in your tone. It's okay. This is not a life or death decision as you may think it is. You don't want to lose her, gotcha. But you can't exercise any authority over her. Face time is paramount in any relationship and you may feel that she'll go astray if she uses up all her volunteer time, but guess what, she's her own person. You are just her boyfriend, of two months. It's not that serious.

You may love her and she may love you, but that won't do anything to correct the fear and weakness you might be exhibiting. The best thing to do is talk to her, seriously. You don't want to let a good thing go because of insecurities.

Keep your head up.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif
You would honestly give up an up and coming career for a woman that you just got into a relationship with? Really?

You do not know if you have something good dude, you JUST got into a relationship with this woman. How are you so sure about this?

You are being unreasonable man. First resort, last resort, you aren't that important to her to even insist that she quits/changes her job for YOU. You have no place to ask her to quit.

So you have KNOWN this woman for 4 months and you.............forget it. You got it man.

laugh.gif
You would honestly give up an up and coming career for a woman that you just got into a relationship with? Really?

You do not know if you have something good dude, you JUST got into a relationship with this woman. How are you so sure about this?

You are being unreasonable man. First resort, last resort, you aren't that important to her to even insist that she quits/changes her job for YOU. You have no place to ask her to quit.

So you have KNOWN this woman for 4 months and you.............forget it. You got it man.

No woman or man should even think about changing careers for someone they been with for 2 months. I don't think you seem to get that, career needs to come first. You are not her husband or even a boyfriend of many years so quit acting like you have a say in her life.

No woman or man should even think about changing careers for someone they been with for 2 months. I don't think you seem to get that, career needs to come first. You are not her husband or even a boyfriend of many years so quit acting like you have a say in her life.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

This.

The relationship is still young, you two still have to get to know each other. Hell, you barely see the chick, how well can you REALLY know someone when you only see her a few weeks out of the month. Sure she cooks good, sure she brings you your Nyquil when your sick, but how SURE can you be that shes the one? Especially after two months. I mean your sounding like the 15 year old chick that swears shes going to marry her boyfriend shes known for a few weeks.

A few months ago we were a stranger to her and now your going to ask her to change her entire life around?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

This.

The relationship is still young, you two still have to get to know each other. Hell, you barely see the chick, how well can you REALLY know someone when you only see her a few weeks out of the month. Sure she cooks good, sure she brings you your Nyquil when your sick, but how SURE can you be that shes the one? Especially after two months. I mean your sounding like the 15 year old chick that swears shes going to marry her boyfriend shes known for a few weeks.

A few months ago we were a stranger to her and now your going to ask her to change her entire life around?

Yea this man is already looking so far deep down the road talking about wife and kids. Not sure why that is even being thought about this soon. Know the girl for 6 months before even making a claim like that. I hope this is some sort of a joke man.

Yea this man is already looking so far deep down the road talking about wife and kids. Not sure why that is even being thought about this soon. Know the girl for 6 months before even making a claim like that. I hope this is some sort of a joke man.

Wow at this thread. No one ever gets it until they go through it OP. Relationships die daily due to changeable and fixable things. When those things don't get fixed, its always "I guess it wasn't meant to be".

Wait did she go to college in order to obtain this career?

For future reference for everyone, when you first start talking to someone, THINK AHEAD. Ask questions. Clear things up. You two may be together for months and are feeling each other hard and then your partner starts talking about relocating one day. Problem is, you may want to stay close and raise your children in a family environment where everyone has easy access to each other.

Back
Top Bottom