Remastered Program So Far. What next?

10386C0D-4105-41F1-B529-A5939391CF0F.jpeg

I know some NT's would have a panic attack, but I think JB should find a way to keep the OG aesthetic & shape intact, but dramatically increase the comfort. It's 2019, .....I shouldn't have to drop $200+ on jays and then drop a $35 insole inside just to be somewhat kind of comfortable. If you're going to keep pumping out antique bricks, charge me $150.

For real though, I'm buying 3+ pairs of black cement IVs and 2 bred XIs no matter what. I have no self control for the grails.

I know some NT's would have a panic attack, but I think JB should find a way to keep the OG aesthetic & shape intact, but dramatically increase the comfort. It's 2019, .....I shouldn't have to drop $200+ on jays and then drop a $35 insole inside just to be somewhat kind of comfortable. If you're going to keep pumping out antique bricks, charge me $150.

For real though, I'm buying 3+ pairs of black cement IVs and 2 bred XIs no matter what. I have no self control for the grails.

Why should they change their prices when you (we) still buy.... lol

Jordan’s have officially sipped their own koolaid lol. Prices too high for repeat shoes that release every couple years

Last edited:
86EBB735-DFA3-41A4-B358-8A35ABED916D.jpeg
Anyways, these just came in today. I like these more than the cdp. Better shape, and better quality leather.

I guess I need to get the Bordeaux next. My 2011 pair is still in good shape but I want the remastered.

Last edited:
Matt Powell on Twitter revealed the Top Selling sneakers of 2018. The only Jordan on the list was the 11(not sure if lows were included but that’s still impressive). Shocking the 1 or 3 wasn’t on there. The Yeezy 350 sold more than the 3, 1, and 10. Apparently Jordan sales were down again in FY 2018. Shocking, since I figured the amount of nice 3s, the OG 13s, and a few others would boost them over 2017. They might have cut production last year idk.

It’s facinating that the 2016 and 2015 sales were so much better than 2017 and 2018. I’m surprised because 2015 had its majority of GRs sit. Then again, I saw an article that said the Aqua 8 sold over 500k unite in Holiday 2015, which probably means they made much more than that, but it still sold units.

Hopefully someone can give a specific breakdown of Jordan sales, because I expected 2018 sales to go up way more than 2017.
Maybe they should stop wasting their time and resources trying to 'grow the brand' releasing trash models and trash colorways. Most of these stupid sales rack colorways could easily be weeded out before they ever made it to production but theyre too hardheaded to stop trying to force these clown shoe colorways onto the public. Which makes me think that they have some sort of agenda/image that they feel is more important than sales.

Nobody asked for Jordan Brand. They keep trying to make it their own thing and identity within Nike and its been biting them in the *** since day one. If they would just see past the ego they would realize that we dont like the man this much. He's awesome, dont get me wrong but they give off the impression that Jordan fans are psychotic. I dont want or need 11,000 colorways of 1s telling every detail of Jordans life. I'm half expecting some broken trojan 1s to commemorate his first born and subsequent forced marriage. I can already picture them. Gum bottoms.

Just give us more classics and make the classics more true to original form. Period. There's nothing else that needs to be said in here. Jordan Brand literally just needs to 'keep it real' and stay true to the core line-up or continue on getting lost up their own ***

:lol:My point is "foreign" car dont mean ish anymore theres more foreign cars then domestic cars in the US like imported italian leather doesnt mean what it once did and fake leathers much more common and better quality. Its not synonymous with quality or exotic anymore. Italy probably still produces higher quality leather I bet to whatever extent they do still produce it.

dont fool yourself Italy still produces that same quality leather. do you think Ferrari and Lamborghini get their leather from the usa? I promise you they dont. but in reality the cows arent softer in italy they dont feed them better food, the main difference is that the cows run free in Italy they are not fenced in. the fences used for cows in the usa gives the cows something to rub against which mars their hides and create scars and marks on the hides . Italy does not use fences. when people say "Italian Leather" this is the only difference is the fences.

dont fool yourself Italy still produces that same quality leather. do you think Ferrari and Lamborghini get their leather from the usa? I promise you they dont. but in reality the cows arent softer in italy they dont feed them better food, the main difference is that the cows run free in Italy they are not fenced in. the fences used for cows in the usa gives the cows something to rub against which mars their hides and create scars and marks on the hides . Italy does not use fences. when people say "Italian Leather" this is the only difference is the fences.
I have no idea if this is true or false, but if the cows are running free, that would generally mean they ARE being fed differently. If free-range grass-fed cows produce better quality and healthier meat, I could also see that producing better quality leather. Most cows in the US are fed grain.

Just a thought, I don't really know anything about leather, or Italy besides a week or so there once.

Nobody asked for Jordan Brand. They keep trying to make it their own thing and identity within Nike and its been biting them in the *** since day one. If they would just see past the ego they would realize that we dont like the man this much. He's awesome, dont get me wrong but they give off the impression that Jordan fans are psychotic. I dont want or need 11,000 colorways of 1s telling every detail of Jordans life. I'm half expecting some broken trojan 1s to commemorate his first born and subsequent forced marriage. I can already picture them. Gum bottoms.

Just give us more classics and make the classics more true to original form. Period. There's nothing else that needs to be said in here. Jordan Brand literally just needs to 'keep it real' and stay true to the core line-up or continue on getting lost up their own ***
ATTN: NIKE INC/JORDAN BRAND read this please.

I have no idea if this is true or false, but if the cows are running free, that would generally mean they ARE being fed differently. If free-range grass-fed cows produce better quality and healthier meat, I could also see that producing better quality leather. Most cows in the US are fed grain.

Just a thought, I don't really know anything about leather, or Italy besides a week or so there once.
It’s not true, free range cattle exist in the US and in every European Union country, and in Asia...and diets don’t have anymore of an effect on their hides than sun exposure. And his entire Ferrari/Lamborghini comparison is absurd because their craftsmanship/materials quality is a result of small batch production and their ability to increase costs without losing those high paying customers. Also, Bentley’s are made in Germany and Rolls-Royce are made in England, both have nicer leather.

Lol what? It’s the breeding methods, less HGH and the production methods that change things

Bro THIS THIS THIS. **** Jordan at this point. Make quality shoes with quality materials. Nobody gives a **** about his life outside of certain times on the court. Even at that that story BS is pointless after the 4th rerelease

It’s not true, free range cattle exist in the US and in every European Union country, and in Asia...and diets don’t have anymore of an effect on their hides than sun exposure. And his entire Ferrari/Lamborghini comparison is absurd because their craftsmanship/materials quality is a result of small batch production and their ability to increase costs without losing those high paying customers. Also, Bentley’s are made in Germany and Rolls-Royce are made in England, both have nicer leather.

Just to add my 0.02$, I was watching a video report on Bentley yesterday. The leather they use comes exclusively from bulls from the south of Germany. The hides are then sent to Italy to be treated. They use bulls and not cows because a cow's leather has more imperfections.
For those who speak french, here is the video report inside the Bentley factory in Crewe, England (they talk about the leather at around the 3:30min mark):
https://rpmweb.ca/fr/webtele/reportages/angleterre/bentley-un-luxe-artisanal

Last edited:
I might have already said this, but I fully expect classic retro+ CWs with Nike Air branding...to start being mass produced. It's really one of the last plays JB has, with about 75% of OGs being remastered.

I might have already said this, but I fully expect classic retro+ CWs with Nike Air branding...to start being mass produced. It's really one of the last plays JB has, with about 75% of OGs being remastered.

Are we even at 50%? We have numerous OG colorways that haven’t seen a a retro release in almost a decade let alone be remastered. White/Red 12’s, Flint 13’s. The 2’s haven’t even been remastered.

Are we even at 50%? We have numerous OG colorways that haven’t seen a a retro release in almost a decade let alone be remastered. White/Red 12’s, Flint 13’s. The 2’s haven’t even been remastered.

I'd say at least where somewhere in between and it's not like there's alot of 2's to be done. At the rate JB is going it wont be long until all OGs will be done.

Do y’all think Nike Air Military 4, Fire Red 3, or Fire Red 5 would cause hype like the Cement 3s, 4s and Metallic 5s? I hope they don’t make them limited due to underestimating the demand(hope they’re a GR).
Thats what they’ve been doing for the 16-20s

There is much left to do still. The 2’s, oly cardinal and charcoal 7’s, both fire red 5’s, Fire red and military 4’s, white infra, sport blue and carmine 6, bugs bunny and playoff 8’s, charcoal and powder blue 9, all the city 10 except Orlando, Columbia 11 (playoffs coming December), all the 12 except flu games, playoff and flint 13, candy cane and black toe 14’s....

Any predictions on when we might get some more 12s?

Only OG's in the past 5 years are the Flu games. Taxis and Playoffs are kind of on the fringe of still being able to wear if buying a pair DS.

Not to mention resell on any OG 12 is super high, though that may be specific to me as a size 12.5.

Back
Top Bottom