resigning vol. army

sup nt..... aint been on here in forever..... long story short...... been in the reserves for about 6 years,been deployed to iraq, did all kinds of wild stuff.... been in since i was 19...... i was cornered yesterday by one of my sgt asking if i wanted to resign..... and i should do it know cause i would get a retention bonus.

bonus is like 10gs but you only get half and then the other half on the third year of your contract.....
ohwell.gif

it goes down the longer you wait

should i resign?

well Sean Peyton just got suspended for the year, so your teams gonna suck. Why not?

Originally Posted by hymen man

well Sean Peyton just got suspended for the year, so your teams gonna suck. Why not?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yea ai audi i have a pretty decent job right now.... thats why i aint been on here as much

Be out man. There's a whole world beyond the service. You did your part, now join us, out here in the civilian world.

You know you're only asking because

a. You don't want to stay and need some backing in that decision.
b. The money is the biggest reason you would stay. Money isn't everything my dude.

You said Resign I thought you meant quit
laugh.gif

I did my 6 and got out but I also graduated and has a job lined up.

You should see if you can get hired on at some places there are a lot of places that hire vets with Tech Experience.

Or you could get a degree? If you don't have one

My retention bonus that was offered was $1000.  To this day I've never laughed so hard, and hit them with a counter offer of a million plus a demilitarized black hawk.

Getting out was the best move I ever made, and I did 12 years.

So much more freedom, I love it. There is life after the army man, you just gotta be willing to take the chance.

You should do what's best for you. Go worth you're gut. If u think u can handle finishing off your years then just stick with it but if you're tired of doing the military life then tell your Sgt PEACE. Best of luck to you OP and Thank You for serving the country OP.

$1000 to come back. I woul dhave laughed too. Get out and see the world. As a vet , you have so many advantages in jobs, housing, schools, etc. Use that to your advantage

Originally Posted by Credo

My retention bonus that was offered was $1000.  To this day I've never laughed so hard, and hit them with a counter offer of a million plus a demilitarized black hawk.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Be out man. There's a whole world beyond the service. You did your part, now join us, out here in the civilian world.

b. The money is the biggest reason you would stay. Money isn't everything my dude.
yea.... everybody is telling me that.... you did your time man just do something else.... its pretty hard im cool with a lot of people at my unit and they all want me to reenlist....... 

but my girl is like freaking out about it..... because she knows i will likely deploy again... which is suppose to be happen in 2014

Originally Posted by Xavier

yea.... everybody is telling me that.... you did your time man just do something else.... its pretty hard im cool with a lot of people at my unit and they all want me to reenlist....... 

but my girl is like freaking out about it..... because she knows i will likely deploy again... which is suppose to be happen in 2014

forget what THEY want its YOUR life and YOUR future. focus on YOU and nobody else.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Credo

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by Xavier

forget what THEY want its YOUR life and YOUR future. focus on YOU and nobody else.

some of these people are my best friends....... i feel what your saying though

Dude i got discharged in recruit training for asthma 2 weeks before graduating and I had to turn down job offers when I get home. Imagine you, who graduated (even though lol reserves), with actual training and experience. Plus a 10k bonus? Done and done.

Back
Top Bottom