Resistance to antibiotics could bring "the end of modern medicine as we know it", WHO claim.

Margaret Chan, director general of the WHO, warned that bacteria were starting to become so resistant to common antibiotics that it could bring about “the end of modern medicine as we know it.

Been hearing about this for years. I can't help but feel we'll come up with something else. We always seem to.

OK One bump

Due to OVER USE of Antibiotics we have caused the traits in bacteria that lead to drug resistance to stand out. Instead of dying out the ones who are resistant breed and took over.

Main Causes

People who demand antibiotics from doctors and use them for every sniffle even the ones
People who hold pills for years
CONSTANT antibacterial soap users
Farmers who put antibiotics in EVERYTHING

Side issues
People put so much money into weight lost and breast cancer research and so little into bacterial research. The  lack of funds can mean it will take much longer for cures/treatments to come out. 
If anything medicine will have to take a WHOLE NEW approach if we come over this

I know how this is going to play out:
-soon all antibiotics will be useless

-a scientist will come up with a "special" cure to be immune from diseases

-zombie apocalypse

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

OK One bump

Due to OVER USE of Antibiotics we have caused the traits in bacteria that lead to drug resistance to stand out. Instead of dying out the ones who are resistant breed and took over.

Main Causes

People who demand antibiotics from doctors and use them for every sniffle even the ones
People who hold pills for years
CONSTANT antibacterial soap users
Farmers who put antibiotics in EVERYTHING

Side issues
People put so much money into weight lost and breast cancer research and so little into bacterial research. The  lack of funds can mean it will take much longer for cures/treatments to come out. 
If anything medicine will have to take a WHOLE NEW approach if we come over this
the sad thing is they teach you these things in beginning biology class in middle school. bacteria and diseases can mutate much like any other living organism to survive.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Wash your hands and avoid injuries.

I'm not scared.

Not so easy. The lack of drugs means that surgeries become a MAJOR issue due to the chance of catching incurable infections. STDs which is another issue become life long. STD that burning is life long. 

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I'm not scared.
STDs which is another issue become life long.

A little shook.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

-zombie apocalypse
pierece-1.gif

As much as I think I'm ready, I'm really not
tired.gif

About buy a hazmat suit

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

-zombie apocalypse
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

people need to stop using hand sanitizer like lotion

eek.gif

Wow! I've never heard someone else frown on that like I do. Why do people think having dirty hands is gonna kill them. I understand after the bathroom, but damn, build up some immunity.

I hate smelling hand sanitizer all day. People look stupid using it after they do every damn thing. Morons...

EDIT:

I felt like Dwight saying that.
laugh.gif

People need to stop underestimating their body's ability to fight off bacteria without these antibiotics, we've survived thousands of years...your body needs exposure to develop defenses man, I come in contact with all sorts of patients who are placed in airborne and contact isolation, sometimes we've been treating them without any protection for days before labwork comes back positive and we realize what we've been exposed to and rarely I'm I EVER sick and when I do, I'm good in less than 30 hours....I wash my hands constantly while I'm work, but that's as far as I go...I trust my immune system to take care of anything foreign that might harm me.

steezy beat me to the punch "People need to stop underestimating their body's ability to fight off bacteria without these antibiotics, we've survived thousands of years.."

With the introduction of antibiotics, we are giving a chance for bacteria to evolve and learn in order to survive, the same way we do...we've evolved over thousands of years but bacteria has done so for millions, keep helping bacteria build immunity by drowning in antibiotics and being germaphobes and best believe we will be gone and they will be standing long after we are gone...it's a losing battle when you think about it bros.

I'm not scared.
Pretty sure this means antibacterial soap is gonna become useless as well, but I dunno...

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Its not a losing battle by any means.

If we make this a man vs bacteria thing, yes it is a losing battle....how do you suggest we beat an organism that has been here since the very beginning, way before us, lives inside of us and all around us??...is not happening bro.

Back
Top Bottom