Retirement?? Why though....

They must of just gotten all the jordans they wanted and got tired of seeing newbs trying to cop all the retros

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

release product A with crappy quality.... watch it sell out

release product A a year later with a change in colorway or quality... watch it sell out

answer to your question: I am tired of being treated like a sheep

(examples: varsity 6's - infrared pack, jordan I DMP - banned I, cement 3 dmp - cement 3 retro)

QFT

besides the chicagos that came out today, I havent bought a pair of jordans since the white/red XIIs last year.

not much of an appeal to me anymore, i sold off the stuff that i no longer wear or need, and i have all the pairs that i truly like. every pair i own now is one that i wear.

no one ever really "retires" which is a lame word to use anyway

people get older and have different priorities; I still buy Jordans mainly 3 thru 14 but in much less quantity.

getting older. i feel paying 150+ dollars for shoes i hardly wear with bad quality = waste. plus as i get older i wanna start dressing more mature i guess and not in sneakers.

I could care less tbh. Their shoes they should be massed produced. Although quality is an issue for 160+ tax. I always had jordans growing up ateast a pair or 2 every year and that was it. It's more like a sentimental value, because now im old enough to work and get what I want. Although their is an addictive side to collecting jays. I just started 2yrs ago and have about 80. all retros

I'm just retiring cause it's just played out to me now..I've been doing this shoe game thing since OG 4s came out..Now that Im close to 35 yrs. old its just getting to be overkill..I can only wear 1 pair at a time..So I'd really like to go from about 115 pairs in the closet to about 35..Still getting the occasional pick up but only if its a special colorway to me or something that I've never had a chance to own before..Now if I could just get rid of those 70 pairs that I want gone..

why retirement? because priorities and circumstances change. you also start seeing the value of a(n) (hard-)earned dollar, and you realize you're getting less bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

release product A with crappy quality.... watch it sell out

release product A a year later with a change in colorway or quality... watch it sell out

answer to your question: I am tired of being treated like a sheep

(examples: varsity 6's - infrared pack, jordan I DMP - banned I, cement 3 dmp - cement 3 retro)
Hit it right on the nail

its not the same anymore. 1999-2007 were the good old days. now its just youngin trying to be like us, but we had the feeling of owning a pair of J's that worth buying. Now its just a popularly contest.
laugh.gif

dudes say their going to retire as if their never going to buy another pair of sneakers again.

as you get older you start to prioritize more and more on real things that have importance and less on petty stuff like sneakers.

there's no real such thing as retiring from buying sneakers imo. you just get more selective when it comes to your purchases.

between the price hikes which as stated before inflation doesn't justify as it didn't exist with vi's between 1991 and 2000 and iv's between 1989 and 1999. as a buyer i personally can find much better use for $160 plus tax then buying a pair of declining quality sneakers.

certain releases i'll cop for nostalgic purposes, but i'm not willing to go through all the leaps and bounds i would do during my younger years over sneakers anymore.

quantity being made=quality of the kicks decreases

plus some colorways arent as exclusive anymore since they're being retroed and everyone can get them..

I think it's because they see that from here on the retros are only going to be higher priced and lesser quality. Who knows in 5 years $175 will be the standard price for a retro.
they don't want to pay for the lesser quality retros of now and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the older retros they might have missed. So i'm guessing that's why because it's a lose/lose situation.

I challenge any of you to give me 3 examples of goods or services that have remained the same price from 10 years ago ????The mighty US dollar is not what it use to be.I think alot of you have overlooked the growth of China in the 10-12 years, their minimum wage is now on par with most developed countries.Hence labor/production cost are no longer "cheap".As for quality, if they were to sell a shoe with higher quality , it would cost even more to sell retail.Remember , if your not happy with the quality, don't buy it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ dudes in their early 20s talking about the glory days and their younger years.

1. The glory years were before your time.
2. You are STILL kids

People go through phases of being interested in various things throughout their lives. Sometimes those interests stick forever. Sometimes they last for only a few months, sometimes for a few years. JB being in free fall might accelerate the life cycle of a "sneakerhead" but people will be getting in and getting out of the hobby all the time, no matter what. It happens if you look at any hobby.

What happens is you have kids overestimating their love of the hobby. So, at 17, you have some kid claiming he's going to be in this forever. What does he know about forever? His longest relationship was measured in months. He's never held a job longer than a year, etc. And, over the next few years, his interests change. That's normal - nothing to see here, move on. Maybe you weren't as interested as you thought you were in the first place. It's okay. ...No need to make a post on the internet announcing your retirement though; nobody cares. But, that's another story.

Look, the hobby would be in a much better place if people decided whether they wanted to START collecting at the age of 25, as opposed to deciding to get out at that point. ...Most people who retire just ratchet frivolous and irresponsible spending up to a new, more detrimental level anyway. ...As if they aren't going to regret buying $500 sunglasses years from now just the same!

Got every Jordan i wanted after white Cement 4s. With the pre-order down, walking into Foot Locker on the morning of the 18th will be like walking on stage to pickup my diploma (*tear).

Originally Posted by Vuey

I challenge any of you to give me 3 examples of goods or services that have remained the same price from 10 years ago ????The mighty US dollar is not what it use to be.I think alot of you have overlooked the growth of China in the 10-12 years, their minimum wage is now on par with most developed countries.Hence labor/production cost are no longer "cheap".As for quality, if they were to sell a shoe with higher quality , it would cost even more to sell retail.Remember , if your not happy with the quality, don't buy it.
Challenge denied, inflation over the last 10 years has affected most of goos and services.
But, when you say that if JB was gonna make higher quality shoes, the retail would be higher. I desagree on that. Adidas, Nike and other brands are making shoes with way better quality at lower prices. And for retro, jordan doesn't have to create a new design and all that, they already have the design. 

So why do we pay more for Jordan shoes? This company is not stupid, they see people buying shoes for way more than retail, so why wouldn't they put the retail higher? They want to make money and they can because even if they put the prices higher and higher, people will still buy them and the shoes will sell out. 

I'm 27 and I pretty much got all the jays I want so I don't cop as often anymore and leaning more towards air maxes now, more comfy, durable

I only say yes for the older models I weren't able to cop when they originally dropped.

But it doesn't matter because will buy regardless.

Yeah the whole retirement from the shoe game is nonsense. So what you're not gonna buy a pair of shoes for the rest of your life???

Back
Top Bottom