Retro Basketball Thread

MJ's replacement in the 1994 Bulls

pete.jpg

This was MJ's true replacement:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Paxson really was an idiot and probably low-key racist with the headban ban

• Prior to becoming a Bull in 2001, Robinson would spend each offseason vacationing in his then-wife's native Bahamas. "Ain't no phones working in the Bahamas — they off. So when I get back to Chicago, Pax is mad and heated and talking about he been looking for me. He wanted me to go to big man camp (in Las Vegas) and got my ticket. ... I guess Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler was going; I didn't know nothing about it. I don't know why you would purchase a ticket for somebody you haven't talked to or spoken about or even mentioned to, and then have attitude about it. And I told him, 'I'll give your money back, how much was it?' He felt some kind of way when I said that, which in my mind I'm just trying to make it right. "
  • Then there was Paxson's ban on headbands. "I didn't get that. I think that was just his way of picking at the players. C'mon man, the headband ain't new. I was wearing them in college, I was wearing them in Charlotte. That's a part of game. ... I don't keep them, I throw them and give them away to the kids."
  • Even after all these years, Robinson has no desire to bury the hatchet. "I wouldn't want to sit down with Paxson because I'd probably put my hands on him. I was in Pax's office like a bad kid in school. I'm always in the office talking to Paxson about some comments I made in the paper. It's basketball-related. Then he'll try play mind games and be like, 'Did you say this?' Pax, I see you got my quotes highlighted right in front of you. So why would you even ask me a question like that? Course i said it. We don't even need to be in this triangle (offense)."

My mans played against him in college. Said he was chilling, with like 3 mins left in the first half. my mans said the cat guarding flip said something slick to Flip. Flip ran by their bench and said “y’all can blame this dumb MFer for this 50 ball.”

Flip gave them 40 the second half.

He was known as D2 Jason Williams while in raleigh at Shaw.

Video inside the link

HOLMBERG: Can local NBA prospect Jonathan Hargett get out of prison and play again? | WTVR.com https://wtvr.com/2012/10/31/can-nba-prospect-jonathan-hargett-get-out-prison-and-play-again/

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL You ever see this?
Wow, this is the ideal guy for this thread :emoji_disappointed:

Hargett’s last shot at a career in basketball, via a spot in the N.B.A.’s Development League, ended in 2006. He was selling cocaine to get money for his hotel stay for the tryout when he was robbed and shot in the hip. On cold nights, he can feel the bullet lodged in his pelvis.

Ish Muhammed sighting. Stuff like this makes me sad, time goes by so fast. Peak HoopsTV

Wow, this is the ideal guy for this thread :emoji_disappointed:

Hargett’s last shot at a career in basketball, via a spot in the N.B.A.’s Development League, ended in 2006. He was selling cocaine to get money for his hotel stay for the tryout when he was robbed and shot in the hip. On cold nights, he can feel the bullet lodged in his pelvis.

Ish Muhammed sighting. Stuff like this makes me sad, time goes by so fast. Peak HoopsTV

That is my upload. :lol:

Cool pictures from 2003 Jordan Game

hxxps://www.gettyimages.com/photos/2003-jordan-capital-classic-national-game?sort=best&mediatype=photography&phrase=2003%20jordan%20capital%20classic%20national%20game

Roberson had a nice shot , but zero point guard skills . There a reason UF got better after Lee , Walsh and Roberson left .

For some reason, I thought he's been out of the league for several years and he was in his late 30's

The dude is 33 and last played 2 years ago 😂 he actually tried to make a comeback last season, had no idea

1576463112424.png

Back
Top Bottom