Retro Basketball Thread

I remember so many wrong opinions about JJ being the best shooter in college while Salim was out in Arizona just crushing everyone's hopes and dreams with his step back threes. Salim is the best damn three point shooter in college that I can remember.
Steph Curry
Jimmer Fredette
Steve Novak
Gerry McNamara
Ray Allen
Casey Jacobsen
Trajan Langdon

I felt like when I watched these guys shoot the rock in college they would never miss

Whatever happened to him
Bruh fell off big time a long with his jumper. He just wasn't athletic enough IMO. He could of probably been around longer in today's NBA. Last I heard he was playing in the Big3 not sure about now.

The Stoudamire family are pretty well known in the High School sports scene around Portland.
I went to school with a few Stoudamires and even helped coach one of their younger relatives in elementary school ball. They all swore by Salim at the time and his hype was really real around the city. Watched far more Wildcats games than Duck games in the mid 2000s that's forsure.

Bruh fell off big time a long with his jumper. He just wasn't athletic enough IMO. He could of probably been around longer in today's NBA. Last I heard he was playing in the Big3 not sure about now.

The Stoudamire family are pretty well known in the High School sports scene around Portland.
I went to school with a few Stoudamires and even helped coach one of their younger relatives in elementary school ball. They all swore by Salim at the time and his hype was really real around the city. Watched far more Wildcats games than Duck games in the mid 2000s that's forsure.
He never evolved his game. Andre Miller wasn’t the fastest or most athletic, hell he wasn’t even an elite shooter like Stoudamire. But he was a pretty good floor general and that carved out a career for him until age 40.

Thats crazy. i remember this dudes game being SILKY smooth. He def did fall off and thats dope with the Stoudamire family being well known. I didnt know they were that deep in athletics.

BIG Gamble for the Grizz to throw that money at Parsons. This dude used to ball out for the Rockets then after he signed with the Mavs on some grimey stuff in the club his body fell apart and he never was the same :lol:

At least he got paid and got to have fun with IG models.

I'm a UF fan and never saw Parsons on even a Jeff Green or Trevor Ariza level , he got paid way too much

Damon is a college coach last time I checked
I believe he coaches at Pacific, home of a guy that should be in this thread

The Kandi Man

89801893-BF6B-4DCC-9844-B236A8C085ED.jpeg
89801893-BF6B-4DCC-9844-B236A8C085ED.jpeg

i know he had a good nba career but i recently saw some highlights of Tim Thomas in high school. dude wouldve been a star in todays game. the stories about him while in high school was legendary. dude couldve been so much more, but was just missing it mentally.

Back
Top Bottom