Review Request: Jordan Hallowed Ground

Anyone balled in these yet?

Heel and forefoot Zoom has to have caught someone else's attention beyond myself and D-Wade...

i tried these on and i was really impressed with the cut of the shoe. it offers good ankle support and alot of flexbility for the achilles tendon.

however, the cushioning was a major, major downer. its like non-existent in this shoe. i put them on and the zoom was nice but it felt like there wasabsolutely no other source of cushioning or impact protection. the midsole on these things is ridiculously thin for a 115 dollar shoe.

i seriously hope Wades shoes are retooled....

its a shame too because every other aspect of this shoe makes for a very good basketball shoe. traction, ankle support, flexibility, and fit were all great.

i thought these shoes were alright but upon closer inspection the carbon fiber on some of the cw's are all fake lol.

I tried these on as well...... i was somewhat impressed as well. The fit was good and I thought the cushioning wasnt bad but not enough for me to ball in. Theywould be nice shoes to chill in or maybe practice in, but no more than that.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I tried these on as well...... i was somewhat impressed as well. The fit was good and I thought the cushioning wasnt bad but not enough for me to ball in. They would be nice shoes to chill in or maybe practice in, but no more than that.

this is how i felt. its not that its terrible, but not something i would ever play ball in.

I just wore these (blk/wht/red) for 2 hours of basketball and must say I'm impressed with their performance. Here's a brief summary of my thoughts onthe Hallowed Ground.

As a 6'2", 180lbs active wing, I found the cushioning to be excellent. I know the soles look and even feel a little thin when holding the shoe inhand, but once you strap 'em on and take a few trips up and down the court, the Zoom really comes through. No foot, knee, or back pain to speak of.

The lacing system offers good lockdown and holds the foot in place.

Ankle support seemed decent, though I wear ASOs with all ball shoes so it wasn't really an issue.

Traction was outstanding - herringbone never fails to deliver.

The shoe could probably breathe better, but I've learned to live with foot heat due to my ASOs.

When the Hallowed Ground goes on sale, I'd recommend snagging a pair.

These shoes are not that bad to play in. However to me they drew a strong comparison to the Jordan Olympia. Basically an updated version of them. TheOlympia's don't look to be too well received, my guess because they look like a modified Jordan X. But to me the are pretty good. I ran both a Navy PTTest and the Army PFT in them with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom