Revisiting "The Falling Man", ten years later. Do you remember this photograph?

^

It's the timing of the shot,there's a couple more shots showing him really falling and twirling. Powerful picture

Originally Posted by doosta45

came across a youtube vid that was interviewing firefirghters, and you could hear bodies hitting pavement in the background. the sounds just echoed through the hall they were in
tired.gif

RIP

Yeah I watched a video like this too.

Don't know if it's the same one but it was sad.
tired.gif

I really still can't believe it happened...watching the 102 minutes that changed America documentary is insane 
tired.gif

just saw a piece on 20/20 discussing photog. and the photo, etc...

powerful stuff... Personally...I wouldn't be the least bit ashamed or reluctant to call the "unknown jumper" my family member/relative or even freind.  To me that was exceptionally courageous and not the least bit conciliatory.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

I swear 9/11 didn't really hit me today until I came into this thread

you said it bruh, i havent been thinking about it that hard today but damn that was ten years ago already!
eek.gif

and i remember it like it was yesterday.......those jumpers tho.........such a powerful decision to make.
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif
R.I.P. to all of those we lost .... real talk......

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i think i heard or read some where that some people die before the hit the ground? like they die from a heart attack or something? is that true?
I think that's better than.... rather.. not as bad as dying on impact. Still sad, no matter how you look at it.

While the fact hundreds jumped/fell to their deaths is horrific, I still find Junod's piece a bit melodramatic (and I read it when it was first published, too). It's not a bad piece of writing, but it's just a little much.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by vincecarterwut

Found this online:

Any significance?

u trying to be funny?
Hell no, i read stuff about the hanged man saying that some people thought it had religious meanings and such. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other meanings.

From what I know, the hanged man has to do with choices one has to make in a "tricky" situation.

"Do you let go or should you stay hanging onto it?"

these pictures plus the ones of the bloodstains in front of the towers are just overwhelming.

I cant imagine how the firefighters felt knowing they are running into the same building where people are jumping out of.
frown.gif

I remember when it was first published some people had big problems with the inclusion of graphic pictures.
To me - they must be included, we as a society have to know what is real.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

A lot of disturbing images and video from 9/11. The jumping people were the ones that really got to me though. I don't know why.

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

impossible to understand the feelings these people had before jumping.  what a sad decision to make 
frown.gif

This.
tired.gif

I actually saw a documentary type thing on YouTube called The Jumping Man with 8 videos, $!!% really got to me
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i never saw all the jumpers until some doc last night

i had to leave the room...

I was going to try and stomach watch the videos but after reading this thread and watch the stuff on tv... I'll pass with peace at mind
tired.gif

It was a show called "I survived" and the stories this one guy had made me say f it. Some things you go to bed at night wishing you never seen nor heard.
tired.gif

I tried to avoid 9/11 stuff because to this day I have people jumping out of buildings ingrained in my head. I just can't... 
tired.gif

RIP to everyone, especially the jumpers 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I hope God has mercy on their souls.
i don't understand this statement... I understand the idea of committing suicide sends you to hell... but these people did not commit suicide... at that point in time these people knew that their lives were going to end very soon... no one would want to suffer a death of suffocation, burning, etc... they simply chose the most humane way out and were able to choose their own way out, as much as possible in their situation...

Back
Top Bottom