Rhymefest blasts Cheif Keef & Interscope for promoting violent music

[h1]Rhymefest Blasts Chief Keef, Interscope Over Promoting Violent Music[/h1]
Rhymefest-Chief_Keef-hhdx.jpg

Rhymefest takes on Chief Keef and his label Interscope over the Chicago upstart's violent lyrics.

Earlier this month, Chief Keef shocked fans with the news that he had signed to Interscope with a publishing deal under Dr. Dre. But not everyone's celebrating the 17 year old rapper's success; now, in a recent guest post with Analog Girls In a Digital World, fellow Chi-Town emcee Rhymefest speaks on why Chief Keef's music is a detriment to society.

In the post, Rhymefest described Keef as an intellectual bomb that misrepresents African-Americans. He also blasted Keef's new-found home Interscope and the major radio stations that continue to endorse and make a profit off of his music. 'Fest continued on, lashing out at Waka Flocka Flame and Rick Ross, whom he said share equal blame in poisoning the minds of the youth.

"Chief Keef is a 'bomb,' he represents the senseless savagery that white people see when the news speaks of Chicago violence," he said. "A bomb has no responsibility or blame, it does what it was created to do: DESTROY! Notice, no one is talking about the real culprits, the bomb maker or the pilot who is deploying this deadly force (labels, radio stations). It's easier to blame the bomb...who is bank rolling this operation and why? This could only be described as an opportunity for this young man if he was receiving artist development, responsible mentorship and counseling for his obvious trauma...major record labels always put million dollar life insurance policies on artist of this nature so that they get paid one way or the other."

He continued, "[Chief Keef] is a spokesman for the Prison Industrial Complex. Every corporation is expected to grow at least 4% each quarter, many prisons are privately owned with stock being traded on the open market. If these corporations were to do commercials, jingles and promotions who would they hire? You got it, most of the main stream rappers we salivate over like Rick Ross the former correctional officer turned Drug Lord Boss rapper. Waka Flocka Flame gang bang “GO HARD IN THE PAINT

That's real spit.  Hopefully people will read the entire short article before posting their response.

'Fest is certainly trying to do his part as well.  I can honestly say from firsthand experience in Chicago that he's genuinely trying to walk the walk...

Prison Industrial Complex....ya'll dudes need to wake up & see whats goin on Rhymefest is right on target..Its a bigger picture man back in the day Warner

Bros denounced Rap Music now they supporting MMG...Sad thing is though this gonna fall on deaf ears cause cats too ignorant in today's world to respect &

appreciate when a brother is kickin the real..
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 all they gon say "Rhymefest is hatin", "He broke" etc..Rhymefest saying this cause the Violence in The

Chi is just like it is down here in New Orleans it's outta control & the Rappers ain't trying to make things better..What ever happen to the Rap/Hiphop

community coming together making songs Like "Self Destruction" , "We all In the Same Gang" or Rappers making songs like "Fight The Power"?? It's crazy

to see where this music came from & where its at in today's world...

Regardless of what you think about Rhymefest & Keef, you can't say that Fest is wrong about any of that. Fest is dope btw too
pimp.gif

don't be %@@*!* w/ my youngins, them N_s be drummin
they take ya !*% down %!$@ we need them bricks or sum'n

pimp.gif

O Block

Bang Bang

*%%+@ from one of the most violent hoods in america ..

+$$+ you expect him to rap about ?

Originally Posted by BradNSU

Bros denounced Rap Music now they supporting MMG
Because there's a lot of money in mainstream rap. They're not dumb... even if the execs don't like Wayne, his records still sell heavy in the suburbs and that's the bottom line.
There's money in Keef because he's controversial. Today I saw a 15-year-old girl walking downtown just blasting "I don't like" as loud as she could on her phone (speakerphone). 

All the old people: 
indifferent.gif

Her: 
pimp.gif

Me: 
tired.gif

Kind of sad actually

Did he mention Kanye remixed one of his songs? Adding to his popularity 
eyes.gif

Doubt it, he must not want Ye mad at him

Originally Posted by yvespo3

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Attack the environment. Not the product of it.

Dead on with this

'fest wasn't attacking him because he's from the shot, it's because he glorifies the violence because he knows it'll sell. Plenty of rappers have come out of that same environment, that same city, and don't make those kinda records. Keef just makin that easy money.

He's right but it's been like this for a while and it's obvious ++@+$% don't want to change. They'd rather it continue just so they could make the occasional song where they're sad about the current state of affairs. It's obvious this kid is a product of his environment and is spewing the ignorance he grew up in, he just don't know any better.

I just don't get why he waits til Chief Keef to diss and not Ross (who he mentions in the article). I mean you would think it be easier to attack a grown men who is spitting a life he more than likely didn't live than it would to attack Chief.

In the immortal words of 2Pac:

"They say my ghetto instrumental, detrimental to kids. As if they can't see the misery in which they live"

Chief Keef wasn't inspired by rap to spit what he spits. He was inspired by 17 years of his surroundings.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by yvespo3

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Attack the environment. Not the product of it.

Dead on with this

'fest wasn't attacking him because he's from the shot, it's because he glorifies the violence because he knows it'll sell. Plenty of rappers have come out of that same environment, that same city, and don't make those kinda records. Keef just makin that easy money.
yea man, I hate when ppl give this excuse... like EVERYBODY from the Chi rapping about guns and violence, or EVERYBODY from any hood is rapping about it.   You know right from wrong, period.  I applaud 'Fest and I agree with him. Some of that ig'nant trap rap I can stomach (I even stopped listening to Flocka all like that) but at some point u just gotta be like "aiight man... enough is enough".  
That's what be wrong with us as a---- I'mma chill 
laugh.gif
 I ain't tryna be in this thread all night. 

I feel where Fest is coming from, but at the end of the day, the consumers should ALWAYS be blamed before the artists/labels. Labels just want to profit off of what people are willing to buy, nothing more, nothing less. There's not much of a "secret evil motive" with them. If rappers were spitting bible scriptures and there was a huge market for it, the 'No Malice' & 'Gemstones' of the world would be running the rap game right now.

The real problem is the fact that our society embraces that negativity with open arms. Change the mentality (obviously easier said than done), and it will eventually trickle down to the content those consumers will deem acceptable in their music. 

Chief Keef wasn't inspired by rap to spit what he spits. He was inspired by 17 years of his surroundings.
But he was tho. According to him in an interview he (paraphrasing) used to be much more lyrical than he is, but dumbed down his lyrics because thats what N's want to hear.

And 'Fest made a point to state that Keef is "a bomb which doesn't have any responsibility or blame", putting the onus more on the record labels.

I just don't get why he waits til Chief Keef to diss and not Ross (who he mentions in the article).

Probably cuz Keef is from his hometown, so it hits home more, he can see the negative energy being generated from the music first hand...and I wouldnt say Fest is "targeting" Keef anyway, he's spoken out against this in one form or another with various artists before.

Originally Posted by HARM

*%%+@ from one of the most violent hoods in america ..

+$$+ you expect him to rap about ?

this. I am aware these are two different subject matters entirely but this also confuses me when people say wiz only raps about weed. I mean does anyone really wanna wear economic troubles or world ills coming from Khalifa? cuz i don't

Back
Top Bottom