RIP George Floyd

5xbhx1g9ud651.png

BONUS:

I fully support capitalizing the 'B' when mentioning Black people

You know this has always been a lingering thought in my head when typing, and also white, asians, indians etc in general. Just writing those words out in context, I always wondered if it was grammatically correct to capitalize them.

it’s not just Black and brown communities, my friend lives in Denver surrounded by dwights and said it’s happening there too.

she said folks where she stay don’t even do fireworks like that.

She's not lying. I live in Denver and I'm hearing fireworks every night which is strange. Fireworks are banned in Colorado because of the wildfire risk. Most people drive up to Wyoming to get fireworks but folks weren't doing that during quarantine.

Its one of two things:

A) People are bored at home and just od'ing with the fireworks just because.

or

B) Psychological warfare. Tired people can't protest. Distracted folks can't protest.

Pick whichever one works for you.

Its one of two things:

A) People are bored at home and just od'ing with the fireworks just because.

or

B) Psychological warfare. Tired people can't protest. Distracted folks can't protest.

Pick whichever one works for you.

...can I just add

C) viral marketing: iF DfUnD PoLiCe WhO rEsPonD 2 NOiSe CoMpLainT???

and

D) all of the above?

Stores are opening today, and it feels eerie. My barber had been coming to my place every two weeks during the quarantine, so I never went wolf, so a cut was never needed. However, cops are out and looking puzzled it seems, as Times Square is pretty empty still without tourists. I am expecting a change in energy this evening.

Renaming columbus circle should be next.

I'm all for tearing down that statue especially for what he really believed in and the symbolism depicted by that statue. The bigger elephant in the room would be good ol' Teddy Rough Rider's face is also chiseled into a big ol' rock face in South Dakota called Mt. Rushmore. What do you do with that?
Not to detract from the African American cause here but I find it ironic, or maybe a slap in the face that Roosevelt is one of the faces and that the Black Hills, where the monument is located is considered sacred to the Lakota people and according to the Treaty of 1868 that it is their land Mt. Rushmore sits on.

The difference between how Germany treated their history of Nazis and how we've treated our history of slavery is stark. It's literally illegal to have anything that commemorates Nazis and in school, they're all taught of the horrific crimes they committed. Field trips are organized to visit Holocaust museums etc. Over here we roll with "so some people owned some people but we forgot and Obama became president so we good"

Back
Top Bottom