RIP Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela

If they ever had a Mount Rushmore of humanity

It'd be Nelson, MLK, Mother Teresa and Gandhi

exclude Mother Teresa and Ghandi please.

One was a racist pedophile

and Mother Teresa was apart of a society of people that purposely wanted to experience and perpetuate suffering and poverty to be closer to Christ.

They were dogmatic and sick people driven by their extreme fundamentalist philosophy.

People bring their names up constantly as if they are pop culture references you don't have to research or think about. You just accept it because so many other people do so.

Last edited:
I don't know why some of you are so sad that he has passed.

The man did everything he possibly could, made a worldwide impact, has an impeccable legacy, has a huge fam to carry his name and lived to 95.

His health was deteriorating and he was obviously in pain, that man deserves to rest, I say we just celebrate his life.

I don't know why some of you are so sad that he has passed.

The man did everything he possibly could, made a worldwide impact, has an impeccable legacy, has a huge fam to carry his name and lived to 95.

His health was deteriorating and he was obviously in pain, that man deserves to rest, I say we just celebrate his life.
They are sad because of the impact he left and the fact we dont have as many leaders as we used to.

I agree about not having many leaders at all, unfortunately.

That's definitely something to be sad about.

But Mandela will live forever regardless of the fact he is no longer with us physically.

exclude Mother Teresa and Ghandi please.

One was a racist pedophile

and Mother Teresa was apart of a society of people that purposely wanted to experience and perpetuate suffering and poverty to be closer to Christ.

They were dogmatic and sick people driven by their extreme fundamentalist philosophy.

People bring their names up constantly as if they are pop culture references you don't have to research or think about. You just accept it because so many other people do so.

Not to start anything here, but I don't see how dogmatic people are less noble than those who pick and choose the times to avow their (usually religious) morality only when it benefits them, which is really the only alternative to dogmatism

Last edited:
Cover of next week's New Yorker. I think this was already scheduled to print prior to his death too.

View media item 681174

I remember seeing this in the movie theater when it was released in the early 90s & how it resonated with me. The movie was powerful enough (one of my all time favorites), but to end Mandela was :wow:

Not to start anything here, but I don't see how dogmatic people are less noble than those who pick and choose the times to avow their (usually religious) morality only when it benefits them, which is really the only alternative to dogmatism

i see your point. but when it is at the expense of large segments of peoples well being, i choose not to put them in the same category as others who survived and endured their struggles. Those 2 people where rich elite that chose that life.

Mandela dealt with life how it was handed to him and his people.

Yea I can't co-sign Ghandi at all, when you read up on him you realize he's not what he's portrayed to be. He and Mandela aren't in the same class even Mandela wasn't perfect either but hey no one is.

Saw this and came here. Not that the two are comparable, but last week it was Paul Walker this week its Mandela. **** sucks, but hey, Mandela did a lot and lived a long life so...

RIP Mandela

Saw this when I was working out earlier this afternoon. Truly an inspiration, what a journey this man's life has been. RIP

What strikes me as kinda odd, prior to today I never seen any commericals about the mandela movie....Now that he passed I see 20000 commericals now, as if his death was planned! I could be wrong but that was REAL ODD!

Madiba was an inspiration, exemplified justice amidst oppression and his legacy carried on for decades to come.

If anyone has never read 'Mandela'. Please do so...
Will be up posting info more later

Back
Top Bottom