RIP Nipsey Hussle

All I’m saying is that “mind your busniess” is NOT the end all be all for gang affiliation and if you can’t understand that then you shouldn’t of talked about it in the first place
Exactly man.

You can mind your own business and someone sends a bullet to somebody you mess with (friend/family) and it changes your ENTIRE mindset.

I swear some of you make it seem like like is this RPG where you get to select life decisions while watching a screen or something. Nah man, it ain't that easy dude.

Folks that make it out need to realize a big part of that should be cREdited to chance.

You didn't pick your family.
You didn't pick your neighborhood.
You didn't pick your friends.
You didn't pick your own ability to maneuver through all the nonsense.

So don't sit here and use the damn, "Well some folks made it out of the hood."
Some folks making it out is the only inspiration some have. Inspiring not to say it's easy, but it can be done.

I have a hard time believing that Schulz is involved in a excellent convo
Shultz routinely brings a lot of logic to conversations.

It is overshadowed by his gay jokes and trolling but when he is serious, he brings some solid knowledge

The media and People like you are quick to give them a pass for violent content/life but hold it against a back artist. We’re here talking about the man and people like you come in talmbout bu bu but he was a gang banger. It hardly ever gets brought up in other genres just ours.
Clearly you just walked into the thread not having a clue of what is being discussed and decided to make yourself look like an idiot!
Point to where I criticized his music?
Point to where I called him a gang banger?
Point to where I mention anything other than the irreparable harm gangs have caused on the black community.
How about you close your mouth and pay attention for once in your life. Nothing worse than somebody talking loud and ain’t got a clue of what’s being discussed:smh: clown!

Here we go with this Chicago and Los Angeles so different bs. You dudes love inflating stuff
Every major city has the exact same stuff going on you ain’t that special cause you live there.
Mind your p’s and q’s wherever you at and you’ll be straight.

giphy.gif

Clearly you just walked into the thread not having a clue of what is being discussed and decided to make yourself look like an idiot!
Point to where I criticized his music?
Point to where I called him a gang banger?
Point to where I mention anything other than the irreparable harm gangs have caused on the black community.
How about you close your mouth and pay attention for once in your life. Nothing worse than somebody talking loud and ain’t got a clue of what’s being discussed:smh: clown!

This is a accurate response to every single one your post in this thread.

Where are you from? And what gives you this universal context on things?
Grew up in Oakland and Vegas, been moving around Los Angeles my entire life, Moms side of Family in Detroit and Flint, Ex wife’s fam was from Chicago, currently live near Memphis, spend considerable amount of time in Atlanta and St. Louis. Trust me bruh! Everywhere I’ve been you’ll catch me in the hood. The politics might be slightly different but it’s all the same ish. You can get your blocked knocked off anywhere if you moving wrong.

Grew up in Oakland and Vegas, been moving around Los Angeles my entire life, Moms side of Family in Detroit and Flint, Ex wife’s fam was from Chicago, currently live near Memphis, spend considerable amount of time in Atlanta and St. Louis. Trust me bruh! Everywhere I’ve been you’ll catch me in the hood. The politics might be slightly different but it’s all the same ish. You can get your blocked knocked off anywhere if you moving wrong.

My wife is from north city St. Louis...the worst part of the city. It’s a totally different beast.

Perfect case study for all these idiots in here trying to say you have a choice.

It’s like you guys want kids to sit in the house and play by themselves all day. Be anti social, free from any influence.

It’s not a reality to us who grew up poor.

My mom did a wonderful job and shipped us to catholic school and was on my ***. I was still affiliated by association and stayed loyal to my small circle of friends. All of us were knuckle heads but feared our parents and we’re taught only 1 thing....don’t embarrass me.

We all could’ve fell to Harpy’s or 20s but the bangers on the block respected our moms so much that they drew the line at “what’s up” and made sure to tell us to play inside this day or that day.

I know bloods and eses that went to Loyola and have masters degrees.

There’s a big difference between making a choice and being given a choice.

We're new to this building wealth thing, we're just breaking out of the factors that kept us from achieving it earlier, so no doubt some of the people trying to achieve that now may have some demons in their past. Reminds me of how early white immigrants like the Kennedy's and Trumps etc. were crime families that were able to reinvent themselves with that money, we're seeing that now. Gotta give them that chance without judging so harshly so people like Nip Jr can run the world legitimately.

Bunch of small thinking individuals in this thread and it’s honestly sad. You’re a prisoner to your minds thinking “that’s just the way it is”. Millions of black and brown kids came up through these very neighborhoods and conditions to be decent law abiding citizens. Even if you did not choose that life as a child you’re fully capable of changing your circumstances as a young adult. I’m not buying that it’s just how it is excuse.

Having multiple babies is a choice
Doing and selling drugs is a choice
Abusing Alcohol is a choice
Killing another human being is a choice
Dropping out of school is a choice
Not respecting the elderly is a choice
White supremacy doesn’t cause you to do any of these things and all of them plague the black community.

Bunch of small thinking individuals in this thread and it’s honestly sad. You’re a prisoner to your minds thinking “that’s just the way it is”. Millions of black and brown kids came up through these very neighborhoods and conditions to be decent law abiding citizens. Even if you did not choose that life as a child you’re fully capable of changing your circumstances as a young adult. I’m not buying that it’s just how it is excuse.

White supremacy doesn’t cause you to do any of these things and all of them plague the black community.

Mental illness a choice?

ADHD a choice?

Babies chose to be born?

I don't necessarily disagree with you regarding your "personal choice" argument but you need to understand that this argument is more truthfully applicable to more stabilized and less systematically disenfranchised communities.

Human beings inherit things from their predecessors whether they're aware of it or not.

Blacks in inner city communities are direct heirs of a legacy of psychological trauma that can be literally traced all the way back to slavery.

Can people shape up and do better? Of course. Are gangs a blight and menace to black America and society as a whole? YES!

But just try your best to empathize and place yourself in the shoes of someone like Tookie Williams, the son of a single teen mother who suffered through the worst of Jim Crow (the trauma of which he inherited), whose early childhood was marked by instances of senseless violence and crushing poverty, who attended underfunded schools with racist, abusive, or apathetic teachers, who developed a "might makes right" philosophy out of simple psychological necessity, and who was never made to understand that there could be circumstances greater than those in which he lived.

If even one of these circumstances had turned out more favorably for Tookie we might never have had the Crips. Now take the evil that the Crips unleashed on LA and add that to this already swirling vortex of despair and destruction.

He even says in his book he started the Crips out of a warped desire to destroy all other gangs, that looking objectively at their might and numbers they could have done all kinds of tangible good if they had had any sense of why their circumstances were the way they were or if they had any sort of real enlightened guidance.

It's a cycle of inherited and distributed trauma. It's not black and white.

Back
Top Bottom