RIP Nipsey Hussle

I wanna know what happens to the Crenshaw Plaza

I'm assuming his family takes over because they still own on it plus da stores pay rent so that's property & that's something that can hold them over in the future.

My goodness man thank you! Finally someone with sense and critical thinking skills!

The man was still a LA gangbanger in one of the most notorious gangs here! He got in many nightclub fights (even recently) and some didn’t make social media. He had a bad temper and was still known as “thunder cat”. You can buy up all the real estate you want in the hood but if you are still yapping 60’s this n 60’s that then in the grand scheme of things you are an enemy to the hood! We are our own worst enemy man! This is the last time I’m going to speak on it because most wont listen but it’s the truth and if you want to ignore it fine but he displayed hypocritical behavior and it was self fulfilling (especially when you have kids, wife, family, etc).

Move different! Your main body guard is gang affiliated from another set, you keep gang members with you, still throwing up your gang in 90% of your photos, wearing the blue rag, slapping innocent dudes in their head at the BET awards for doing their MF job man. Please stop being delusional. These are things that will get you touched eventually.

I don’t like that he died (slain to death) but we make the bed we lay in. He was an active gang member and had little filter with his mouth and this past Sunday showed this when verbally thrashed dude. News flash! These type of things come back to get you! For every action there is a reaction. Ever heard of karma? It spares no man. Stop acting like he changed his life around and left the gang stuff behind because that’s a lie! Ain’t nothing positive about gangbanging, nothing!

In conclusion, I keep hearing about the snitch talk regarding the killer. Ok! But who was meeting with LAPD to stop gangbanging? Who!? The same person that is in a large gang and active and still promoting the nonsense on his social media. Think about that for a moment. Also think about how dude been in 60’s for years and his mom works in a high position (unless she just recently retired) within a LA police department! Every since I found this out years ago I always saw Nip as a shadowy figure. Iamjusayn! Y’all be easy ✌

You raise some valid points but you fail to realize that when you’re in this gang lifestyle, it’s hard if not impossible to leave behind. The only way you get to leave is if you get jumped out, and if Nipsey had OG status even that wouldn’t have been enough. If gang members are going to be talked to about peace and stopping the violence, it’s not going to be from some fake dude portraying a lifestyle they aren’t living. Nipsey would have been the ideal person because he had that street credibility where they would have taken him seriously. It’s just like if Larry Hoover would talk to the GD sets to join together in unity.

Was they actually married?

I thought they were, weren’t there some wedding photos posted a while back? In either case, all his business affairs would be transferred to his wife (whoever is still married to him) and the children.

For the people questioning his affiliation with "gang culture".

Ok Great.

Nip Grew Up into LA gang culture.

As he got older and more mature he decided to step away from the negatives of gang culture and focus on a craft.

In doing this he made a name for himself and decided not disown where he came from or the people who he grew up with.

NIP rapped plenty of times about being young and being in shootouts, loosing friends, and knowing he could have been the one gone forever.

When you from certain places and go thru these things at young ages with ppl, its hard to turn your back on them knowing you could have easily been left in there shoes.

So Nip didn't just throw away his Crip ties, he instead tried to change the gang violence/gun culture that LA was popular for by:
- Creating Jobs in neighborhood (because a poor neighborhood = violence)
- Create programs to promote Education (STEM)
- Show with YG to squash a set beef that was bubbling in LA
- Signing artist from different sets to his label to promote peace (Daylyte video)

Remember Crips were originally formed to protect the neighborhood, and 1 killing from their opposing gang started gang wars for years.

So imo, the argument its not really about us/ Nipsey "supporting the gang culture" (ie. guns/violence), but us supporting his work in changing the gang culture.

Also @P C H , Exactly what lifestyle are they glorifying in that video?

Me and probably majority of people that saw that video only recognized (2) faces, and that was Nipsey & Lauren.

I see no connection in what you say the people you recognized in the video have done to the actual video (I understand it may hit you different).

I watch that video and I see people that look like ppl in my hood or people that I grew up with.
Listen man all I’m saying is you can’t have one foot in and one foot out if you’re trying to stop this cycle.
Nip had one foot in confronting homeboy. You gotta know your importance and rise above some of the hood politics. Nobody will convince me gangs do any good in black communities. Gangs are now rooted in violence and we are killing our own. White supremacy had zero to do with that ban taking Nipsey’s life. We gotta stop this ish period!
Even in this thread most have involuntarily joined the neighborhood gang be it peer pressure, fear, acceptance, loneliness. We need to eradicate crips and bloods from our communities as well as pimps and drug dealers.
Every single time a rapper dies there’s always some fools talmbout he deserved it or had it coming cause of what he talked about in his lyrics and the people he hang out with like they wasn’t freinds before the fame and ish. Doesn’t happen when a rock artist or actor dies. Whites and Jews have used the media to install hate into us blacks and Latinos and then want to act like they are our allies.
Name the last rockstar that died from gun violence. Nobody’s saying he deserved it but you have to be careful of the energy you place out there. You got people in here defending gangs which is ridiculous. The black community would be a better place if they were all eliminated.

I'm assuming his family takes over because they still own on it plus da stores pay rent so that's property & that's something that can hold them over in the future.

I hope that's the case. Would hate for all the work it took to fix the plaza to just go away

Listen man all I’m saying is you can’t have one foot in and one foot out if you’re trying to stop this cycle.
Nip had one foot in confronting homeboy. You gotta know your importance and rise above some of the hood politics. Nobody will convince me gangs do any good in black communities. Gangs are now rooted in violence and we are killing our own. White supremacy had zero to do with that ban taking Nipsey’s life. We gotta stop this ish period!
Even in this thread most have involuntarily joined the neighborhood gang be it peer pressure, fear, acceptance, loneliness. We need to eradicate crips and bloods from our communities as well as pimps and drug dealers.

Name the last rockstar that died from gun violence. Nobody’s saying he deserved it but you have to be careful of the energy you place out there. You got people in here defending gangs which is ridiculous. The black community would be a better place if they were all eliminated.

You making it seem as if we control the conditions that allow gangs to thrive.

You making it seem as if we control the conditions that allow gangs to thrive.

Once again how can anyone say gangs are thriving? Blaming the “conditions’’ for the things current generations of gangs are doing is just lazy. Plenty of people live in the same conditions and choose not to participate in this garbage.

Yep. Fam takes over. If I remember correctly he owns the entire thing. All the businesses there belong to him or family members from what I understand.

Once again how can anyone say gangs are thriving? Blaming the “conditions’’ for the things current generations of gangs are doing is just lazy. Plenty of people live in the same conditions and choose not to participate in this garbage.

stupid logic.

Do you not understand that many gang bangers have NO CHOICE.

Yep. Fam takes over. If I remember correctly he owns the entire thing. All the businesses there belong to him or family members from what I understand.

Faulty logic but people been saying the same **** and you don't wanna hear it.

He owns the lot. Everything but the Master Burger is his though. He was opening up a food spot next door (hope that opens) its a food dessert here. Nothing but ehh fast food and the food court. You gotta up the hill or inglewood for anything good

I get what you’re saying but we have to stop waiting on help and do it ourselves.

Easier said than done. The people who think on the level that Nip was thinking on are far and few. And even fewer have the resources he had. It takes a lot to change ****.

The black community would be a better place if they were all eliminated.

***** please.

Johnny cash talked about things just as hard as any rapper. Talmbout shooting up lines then shooting his wife. he was universally praised. even performed the song/album live in prison and release it on a live album for profit. Heavy metal artist talk about about murder and/or self harm frequently as well media never says **** about them.

Are you in the right thread? We are talking about a man who had the odds against him and elevated past the negativity to become successful. Nipsey was the American dream.

Also why the hell would you think that gangs are flourishing?
Are you in your right mind? For Black people the american dream is actually a nightmare. Black people found success despite slavery, Dred Scott, Jim Crow, and now Police occupation. Nipsey was a Black man first, who happened to live in America.

Get it right.

Back
Top Bottom