RIP Nipsey Hussle

I don't want to detract from the great service and the great speeches and condolences, but I must say this.

Just because a person mourns differently, IE cries, can't hold their composure are visibly torn, etc, does not make then weak.

We must change the mentality and stigma ... time after time I read people praising Nipsey's mom and called her a true strong woman, I'm not saying she's not, but all I saw was another mom abled to gather her thoughts, keep her composure and expressed herself well, IMO this does not make her any stronger than the countless moms that are visually shaken up after their children have become victims of senseless violence.

I just say that to say, why must we label peoples actions? Weak strong - right wrong - etc etc? Best believe just the fact that a Mother has to burry a child and continue living her life is strong enough for me. I would literally die if I had to burry my own.

You guys can flame all you want, just had to speak on it.

just got a chance to watch some of the memorial and wow, this man was loved
it gives you chills to think one person can mean that much to so many people
he must have really been a good human being

I don't want to detract from the great service and the great speeches and condolences, but I must say this.

Just because a person mourns differently, IE cries, can't hold their composure are visibly torn, etc, does not make then weak.

We must change the mentality and stigma ... time after time I read people praising Nipsey's mom and called her a true strong woman, I'm not saying she's not, but all I saw was another mom abled to gather her thoughts, keep her composure and expressed herself well, IMO this does not make her any stronger than the countless moms that are visually shaken up after their children have become victims of senseless violence.

I just say that to say, why must we label peoples actions? Weak strong - right wrong - etc etc? Best believe just the fact that a Mother has to burry a child and continue living her life is strong enough for me. I would literally die if I had to burry my own.

I've never heard a mother or grieving loved one who does break down and cry with the inability to gather their thoughts at a funeral referred to as "weak", have you?...And be honest.

I've never heard a mother or grieving loved one who does break down and cry with the inability to gather their thoughts at a funeral referred to as "weak", have you?...And be honest.
When someone says

"Nip's mom is an amazingly strong woman"

What are the alternatives?

What makes her stronger than the next?

And be honest.

I feel you on the parental part. Lost a close homie years ago. He was the only son and his mom and pops passed that next year. They loved my Brodie so much that they gave up and didn’t care. I thought damn what about his sisters, they still need a mother and father.
Idk, you have to be careful on how you judge others and how they grieve. You actually don’t know what’s going on in there head. And a cool calm person will break down when nobody’s watching

When someone says

"Nip's mom is an amazingly strong woman"

What are the alternatives?

What makes her stronger than the next?

And be honest.

You didn't answer my question, have you heard anyone refer to a grieving loved one or mother at a funeral as weak?
Instead of be honest, I will say, please answer.

I feel you on the parental part. Lost a close homie years ago. He was the only son and his mom and pops passed that next year. They loved my Brodie so much that they gave up and didn’t care. I thought damn what about his sisters, they still need a mother and father.
Idk, you have to be careful on how you judge others and how they grieve. You actually don’t know what’s going on in there head. And a cool calm person will break down when nobody’s watching
Exactly...

BTW, I'm just using this as an example because of the comments being made, but it pertains to the stigma of crying and not being to maintain a composure.

Let's be honest, i see it all the time, a child which happens to be a boy cries and the father comes out and say, "why are you crying? Are you a girl?"

**** out of here with that parenting style man. I get it, sometimes you have to be a strick parent but to try to suppress your children's feelings and somehow associating them to another gender or signs of weakness is weak in itself.

But again, I'm probably wilding ... I was bother by the comment of an amazingly strong woman, when I just saw a grieving mother that was articulate no more no less stronger than the next.

Oh well.

You didn't answer my question, have you heard anyone refer to a grieving loved one or mother at a funeral as weak?
Instead of be honest, I will say, please answer.
You want me to be honest???

No, I have yet to directly see a woman being called weak. However, I have heard indirect chatter ali gs the line that would suggest she is weak. Example, she better pull herself together, she has other kids. She need to be strong, she has other kids etc.

I have also seen and heard countless times family member tell the oldest boy and girl, you need to be strong, you have to support the young ones. Stop crying and be strong for your siblings. You're the man of the house now son, stop crying and be strong for your family, etc.

I'm willing to bet that you have heard it as well, so it might not be calling someone weak directly, whats being insinuated is .... ???? now answer my question.

Not sure what was the importance of your question as I'm sure you clearly understand my point.

Exactly...

BTW, I'm just using this as an example because of the comments being made, but it pertains to the stigma of crying and not being to maintain a composure.

Let's be honest, i see it all the time, a child which happens to be a boy cries and the father comes out and say, "why are you crying? Are you a girl?"

**** out of here with that parenting style man. I get it, sometimes you have to be a strick parent but to try to suppress your children's feelings and somehow associating them to another gender or signs of weakness is weak in itself.

But again, I'm probably wilding ... I was bother by the comment of an amazingly strong woman, when I just saw a grieving mother that was articulate no more no less stronger than the next.

Oh well.
Who is saying Nip's mom is stronger than anyone? Besides you? Just by saying "she is a strong woman" does not imply she is stronger than any other mother out there. If I see "Nip's mom is the strongest woman ever" then your points are valid, until then, you're just making a competition out of nothing.

Who is saying Nip's mom is stronger than anyone? Besides you? Just by saying "she is a strong woman" does not imply she is stronger than any other mother out there. If I see "Nip's mom is the strongest woman ever" then your points are valid, until then, you're just making a competition out of nothing.
Amazingly strong has to have a comparison or does it not?

The reason she was strong was because of the selflessness she showed, during a time of duress. That not only takes courage, but tremendous strength in the time of adversity. She spoke to enlighten, uplift the BLACK community, which is something that is sorely needed in this time of Donald Trump. Unless you are incredibly numb, or simply dumb, not being able to acknowledge what she did and how she did it, really speaks to the pervasive ignorance that is espoused on sites like this about women and their roles in society. She spoke to African spirituality, in a PUBLIC forum no less. Nip's MOM brought the Black community back to their ancestral roots, and that is HUGE.

Say goodbye to Jesus if you really heard her, because Jesus could not do, what that BLACK MOTHER did for a few hours, while her son laid in a casket.

DUA

Back
Top Bottom