RIP Takeoff from the Migos

Theres a reason why 50 doesnt go back to queens, or Jay back to brooklyn, once you get money, its time to move different. If people know your worth, you at risk.
Nah I get that

Look at chief keef too. But “you’ll never see or hear from me again” made me :lol:

Just stay away from jealous mf you grew up with.

Getting a couple mil and going into hiding is wild. Y’all just say **** to say it.

The problem with the culture is I’d assume no one verbatim said this in here and y’all play dumb and act like that there is no middle ground between hiding in the mountains of Wyoming and shooting dice games as a millionaire around dozens of ****** with guns

it sounds like people are scared of people who carry and scared that you may say something wrong to the right person carrying and dont want that gun easily accessible.

Posted in a thread about a bystander catching a stray, from a gun that was apparently pulled over words

You might be on to something

The problem with the culture is I’d assume no one verbatim said this in here and y’all play dumb and act like that there is no middle ground between hiding in the mountains of Wyoming and shooting dice games as a millionaire around dozens of ****** with guns

Someone literally said that.

Nah I get that

Look at chief keef too. But “you’ll never see or hear from me again” made me :lol:

Just stay away from jealous mf you grew up with.

It's not always the people you know. When it's known that you have something it just seems like common sense that the have nots will always be jealous. Does not matter if you are going back to the hood or the farmer who blew up and made it out of the backwoods.

I was reading the NYT coverage of this incident, through which I learned that Quavo is Takeoff's uncle. Never knew that.

Sadly, that makes this all the more tragic. Quavo's (alleged) irresponsible behavior precipitated his band mate and nephew's murder.

Whatever beef that was brewing between him and Offset, who I also learned was a cousin, I hope they can put it to the side and commiserate as a family.

I was always told, “The scared shoot first.” How you shoot someone over a petty disagreement? If I get talking for real, Ill end pissing someone off and probably get shot. Thats how it goes down here.

Well damn, going by this vid, man Quavo at the end said something along the lines of “ay man lets go” trying to get out diffuse and get out of that situation. Argument didnt even sound like anything crazy, and some dude still pulls of the hammer and starts firing? Cmon yo. :smh:

confirmed it's from their own camp that fired first?
That’s what the witness was saying. Idk it’s weird that a fist fight would make one of only our guys start shooting randomly.

I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy. Just an idiot who you shouldn’t have around you

I'm done with rap at this point. I just cant continue to support the direction the music has taken the past 10 or so years.

I don't think it's a coincidence that all these rappers are being gunned down as of late. Hip Hop used to be a great way for people to express emotion and feelings in an artistic way, but at this point it's doing nothing but promote drugs, materialism and violence. The excessive flaunting of wealth that for so long was a staple in hop hop is no longer a motivation for people to do well and instead now feels more like rubbing salt in the wounds of the have nots. I remember a time when rappers actually rapped to try and escape the pitfalls of daily life, but now seems most just rap to acquire expensive items and inflated egos.

How many more talented young men do we have to lose before we realize that ego is not worth dying over?
I feel like this post is seeing the past through rose-colored glasses.

This tragedy is another example of the saying, "Nothing good happens after midnight.", based on the timing of the incident and what they were involved in.

It's absolutely sad it transpired like this for these dudes when they clearly made it out of poverty and the hood, only to return to their old habits and environment after achieving legitimate success, fame and money. It's unfortunate they couldn't grow up and move past their habits since it precipitated Takeoff's death.

It just doesn't make sense why these guys chose to risk their safety to keep it street with the dice game with questionable individuals involved when they have recognition and money. They certainly had better options for gambling in a safe location instead of trying to "keep it real" with the place they were at and the people around them.

Back
Top Bottom