Road To Argentina:NT Please help me with my campaign!

My name is Ramon Diaz and I've been a NT'er since 2006 and followed since 2002. I'm trying to raise money for a volunteer project that I'm doing. I want to teach kids English in Argentina for 3 months. I have proof that my campaign is legit; I can confirm through paperwork my campaign info. From selling my shoes to whatever I can to raise money, I need as much help as possible. I raised $1,400 so far in 2 weeks, but I still have much more to raise. I donated to Haiti and I'm happy if someone donates to Haiti instead of my cause, but I would appreciate it if one could donate to my campaign also. I attached a cover letter that explains my campaign.Any donation would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

[table][tr][td]
+ Road To Argentina
[/td][td]
2194 West 37[sup]th[/sup] Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
Phone: (216) 233-2313
E-Mail: rdd2116@columbia.edu

[/td][/tr][/table]

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to ask you to sponsor my volunteer project of teaching English to underprivileged children in Buenos Aires. Your donation will support a good cause, and it will help me fashion a productive gap year.

I will be leaving for Argentina in March, and I will be part of an educational program called to the Villa Soldatti Community Projectnamed for an impoverished area in Buenos Aires. A majority of the schools I will teach at have little funding, so my help will benefit youth who have an interest in bilingual studies. I will also have the opportunity to teach doctors and other professionals English on my free time. Since I am bilingual, this trip will also help me improve on my Spanish.

Right now, I am documenting the Road to Argentina campaign on my blog [URL]http://theroadtoargentina.blogspot.com/[/url]which highlights donors and preparation for the tripBesides teaching English, I will also take photography classes while I am volunteering. I want to document my trip to the general public and show them my experience though my photos and writing. I recently met Marcelo Ramia, a man who is influenced to introduce baseball to the Argentine culture. I will be helping him renovate baseball fields and also coach Little League games. Since I have a love for volunteer work and sports, this trip will certainly expose me to these two fields.

Between now and March, I will need to raise $5,820, a figure that will cover my expenses. I am arranging this trip through Travellers Worldwidean organization that will cover some of my expenses. But I must raise money for unforeseen expenses, including my flight, room and board, and day-to-day travel.

Because of my financial circumstances, I cannot fully fund my share of this trip. I am a junior at Columbia University, and I am there on a full scholarship. Although my parents have done their best to help with my education, they cannot afford to do more than they already have.

I am going to do all I can to make this trip possible, but I cannot afford this project yet without your help. I am sending you this letter in hopes you will look at my service as one worth supporting.

I realize, however, this is short notice, but I did not make the decision to pursue this opportunity until late last month. So I need your help as soon as possible.

Through KeyBank, I have created a donation account called “The Road To Argentina.

Back
Top Bottom