Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Lol, now it just sounds like hate for no reason. Im not 100% happy with Ronnie but how are you gonna bag on someone for taking inspiration from the ocean? You know how many people in history have been inspired by the ocean? If anything its typical but I wouldn't say wack. The branding on the back is wack. Is that his official word that he was inspired by the ocean?
cuz it's s such an uninspired story.

This is pretty much a make or break year for Ronnie. 

How so? Srs question. I mean as much as it seems like he's hated in his own dedicated thread he pumps out the collabs and the sneaker nerds/elitist/snobs buy them. They buy the clothes too. I mean he's still a major force.

A pic of my Brazil´s. Love them
wore those the other day, pretty underrated but I love them esp with the rope laces..

strolled by where the pop up is supposed to take place on Friday, all boarded up as of now. I assume his crew will be working day and night getting it set up by Friday..

How so? Srs question. I mean as much as it seems like he's hated in his own dedicated thread he pumps out the collabs and the sneaker nerds/elitist/snobs buy them. They buy the clothes too. I mean he's still a major force.

You really don't see it? The lack of traffic in this thread alone is a huge indicator. The most recent comparison would be foamposites. You take a niche shoe with few releases and great colorways and start releasing 10x the amount, raise the price, make the releases more frequent, and release mediocre colorways and people don't want them anymore. It's a tricky balance and once your core audience stops messing with you the sheep will soon leave too because they were only there because it was the popular thing to do at the moment. His whole brand was founded on the idea of elitism and having something others don't.

wore those the other day, pretty underrated but I love them esp with the rope laces..

strolled by where the pop up is supposed to take place on Friday, all boarded up as of now. I assume his crew will be working day and night getting it set up by Friday..

I agree, Brazils are really nice. One of my favorite from last year. :nthat:

uninspired story vs _________ < insert recent release or collab with an inspiring story
this is about him and this collab tho.

But to answer your question, the Central Park NB's were pretty good with the concept.

WCP just seem like he wanted an excuse to use blue again.

Last edited:

But to answer your question, the Central Park NB's were pretty good with the concept.

^^ I suppose.

When people from the east coast describe going coast to coast it's literally going from one ocean to another. 

Lots of inspiration comes from the ocean. Has inspiration come from the ocean throughout history? Yes. Is it original? No. Neither one of us know what is going on in the dude's head. I just don't see the point on bagging on someone's inspiration just because I don't agree with it.

The story, collaborator and/or inspiration is not on my mind when I buy and wear my shoes, the execution is, which translates into how i'm going to wear them. Is it cool sometimes to have a nice little story? Sure. Does it ultimately make or break a purchase? Never seen it happen. The story and/or inspiration of the Flamingos is wack as hell. Yet that is considered one of his best shoes because of the execution. 

How inspirational is a Knicks team colorway and a Miami Dolphins colorway?  

Can I get a price check on these worn eclipse?

Worn for max 10 times. Seller asking $400. Is it a good price?

Last edited:
Just bumped into Ronnie Fieg for the first time at Kith- went out of his way to smile at me and wave while I was browsing.  Not sure why everyone comes at him with all of the trolling talk seems like a decent enough dude.  In fact, seemed way less arrogant than his own employees...ironic.

Most of the recent kicks that I've seen came with a minimal story or no story at all.  

Concepts "Luxury Goods"- most unoriginal story ever.

Concepts "Blow"- ripoff of the story and to a certain extent the colorway from the King Push EQTs

Invincible Pump Furys- A scarf?  Really?

Diadora x Packer "Azzuri"- Italian colors for an Italian shoe.  Shocker.

Sneakersnstuff Pump Furys- Just Knicks colors again

Fieg "New York Natives" Pony- Red for the sake of red.

Wings + Horns x  New Balance- Black and white because...well it's black and white

Bait EQT Support "Big Apple"- Another New York shoe.  I live in NY and I'm tired of NY shoes

The only really original concepts behind collabs were the Fieg landmarks, as mentioned, those LimitedEditions Gel Lyte 5s (Dali was an awesome idea), the Burn Rubber Vernors cans, and the Extra Butter "Street Meat" Ventilator.  Most of the good releases had "boring" concepts behind them, but flawless execution.  Give me those Azzuris over the Ginger Ale cans any day.

In conclusion, the shoe looks great, so the fact that its not that original doesn't bother me.  It works.  He could have just called them "Navy Gel Sights" and I'd still like them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom