Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Just FYI, groovyshoes ships in recycled paper. Last time, fedex left my package in the rain and the whole thing got soaked. You need to pay extra for double box.

Just FYI, groovyshoes ships in recycled paper. Last time, fedex left my package in the rain and the whole thing got soaked. You need to pay extra for double box.
damb thats crazy, my fedex guy puts a package in between my door and screen door if its raining 

I think a lot of people will be upset they passed on the 998..

The shoe is so impressive in person

Was the kith store the only place selling the 998 in the states?  I'm just surprised how easy I was able to cop them today on groovy's site.

Last edited:

CNS are definitely slept on, one of the better releases in a long time IMO
One theory I have is because the CW is quite simple.  Blue to navy to black.  That's probably why, but for an older cat like me, thats perfect, shoe looks boss. 

One theory I have is because the CW is quite simple.  Blue to navy to black.  That's probably why, but for an older cat like me, thats perfect, shoe looks boss. 
That's exactly it. A lot of the younger or newer sneakerheads need flashier or non-traditional cws. The CNS is an extremely simple cw, but the quality and craftsmanship are on point.

Last edited:

That's exactly it. A lot of the younger or newer sneakerheads need flashier or non-traditional cws. The CNS is an extremely simple cw, but the quality and craftsmanship are on point.
Definitely one of the reason's. I never got into the fad of crazy colored shoes and ton's of graphics. So the simple colorways definitely do it for me. Especially with the materials used. Though I will say I wish he logo on the insole was actually stitched in rather than printed. My only complaint for the shoe. 

It's also outrageously priced.  I like them and want them, but I am not forking over that cash.
As for the price, I don't mind spending a higher price for a colorway I like, materials that are higher quality, craftsmanship that's produced in the US, and comfort that isn't seen to often these days. It all comes down to what your willing to pay. For these the price fit IMO. Cheaper is always nicer but I also understand higher quality items call for higher prices, and these fit that bill. 

220 would of been perfect  price point but i caved in, the amount of steals i've gotten this month it was doable. 

As for the price, I don't mind spending a higher price for a colorway I like, materials that are higher quality, craftsmanship that's produced in the US, and comfort that isn't seen to often these days. It all comes down to what your willing to pay. For these the price fit IMO. Cheaper is always nicer but I also understand higher quality items call for higher prices, and these fit that bill. 
Anything $200+ has become a personal stopping point for a sneaker for me.  I can afford it, but I just can't justify it.  I have no doubt that the materials and quality of the CNS are top-notch, and I like the shoe, but I just don't need a $240 sneaker right now when I barely wear my others.  I am good in my 997GYs.

I can see both arguments in regards to price.  I had sticker shock at first.  But thought about it some more, the quality of the materials, craftsmanship, the RF name, and Made in USA, makes it worth it to me.  Plus the shoe is sexy as hell.  Just dont tell my wife yo. 

For those that have the CNS...  what laces did you go with? I'm kind of leaning towards the white flats.  Don't have my pair in hand yet. Wish there were pics of the shoe with other laces in.  I think most people went with the navy ones.

For those that have the CNS...  what laces did you go with? I'm kind of leaning towards the white flats.  Don't have my pair in hand yet. Wish there were pics of the shoe with other laces in.  I think most people went with the navy ones.
I swapped to white then went back to black. the white looks too harsh against the dark upper. plus the white laces are wider than usual.

I swapped to white then went back to black. the white looks too harsh against the dark upper. plus the white laces are wider than usual.
I think the white pair are standard NB flats.  The waxed laces that come with it are noticeably thinner. 

@ the Rambo coment lol I'm not telling my fiancée either lol. Wish I was able to pick them up from the Canadian website. I should have jumped on them from the get go, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom