Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

local shop said it's a $40 job

random NTers says it not....

not sure who to believe at this point
just ask them how they're going to remove the sole from your 3.1s... if they use hot water they're gonna trash the suede uppers. if they use a heat gun they also might mess up the uppers.

the only way i could figure it was to wrap the uppers in a towel or something and put them on a baking tray and lets them sit outside on a really hot sunny day.

but it's winter now so thats out of the option.

local shop said it's a $40 job

random NTers says it not....

not sure who to believe at this point
thats defiantly not a 40 dollar job, you have to pay for the time they put into the swap, the materials and shipping, defiantly over 100 dollars to get it done 

A heat gun on the midsole works too, just aim it away from the uppers to prevent damage.
yup, heat gun on the sole to melt the adhesive and either pour boiling hot water or acetone into the donor to remove the upper from the sole 

I would do a sole swap to warrant that useless purchase, but finding the time to do it is just impossible.

gotta compete the trifecta of 3.1's, hoping this golden ticket incentive doesnt make them hard to cop 
laugh.gif

btw statistically, the chances of getting a golden ticket are dumb low. did the math, there are 700 pairs of each 3.1 and 750 pairs of gel mais total - thats 2900 shoes. there are 700 each of the made in japan gel lyte 3s (assuming). lets say they allocate half of them to the golden ticket program - thats 700 pairs total for the golden ticket program. if they divided an equal amount of tickets among the 2 militia and salmon toe shoes dropping on the 22nd, that means you have about (roughly) a 12% chance of getting a golden ticket from a single shoe. but, depending on the allocation of in-store stock of the 3.1s and gel mais and how they divide the golden tickets in-store vs. online, your chances drop even more. if they did a perfect split, your odds drop to roughly 6% online. but, most likely there will be a lot more pairs online, so your odds increase to somewhere around 9%.

tl;dr, you shouldn't cop  only  for a chance at the 3s as your odds are pretty low. but hey, basically every 1 in 10 people who cop will get a golden ticket.

i did this cause i was kinda curious myself, thought others might wanna know as well

Last edited:
btw statistically, the chances of getting a golden ticket are dumb low. did the math, there are 700 pairs of each 3.1 and 750 pairs of gel mais total - thats 2900 shoes. there are 700 each of the made in japan gel lyte 3s (assuming). lets say they allocate half of them to the golden ticket program - thats 700 pairs total for the golden ticket program. if they divided an equal amount of tickets among the 2 militia and salmon toe shoes dropping on the 22nd, that means you have about (roughly) a 12% chance of getting a golden ticket from a single shoe. but, depending on the allocation of in-store stock of the 3.1s and gel mais and how they divide the golden tickets in-store vs. online, your chances drop even more. if they did a perfect split, your odds drop to roughly 6% online. but, most likely there will be a lot more pairs online, so your odds increase to somewhere around 9%.

tl;dr, you shouldn't cop only for a chance at the 3s as your odds are pretty low. but hey, basically every 1 in 10 people who cop will get a golden ticket.

i did this cause i was kinda curious myself, thought others might wanna know as well

giphy.gif

is that a black 3.1 or is it dark brown? i can't tell. i kinda like it. its simple enough just to wear all the time with that sole. i want them. but i want them on discount lol. the militia mais look nice as well. i like how they look. good fall shoe.

i don't like the other 2 shoe colorways at all.

what do the militia gl3s look like? what is that colorway? i just wanna know. idc to get a chance to get those, i just like these 2 shoes a lot for the fall.

a chance to get the salmon toes would be nice but i'm not too hyped about them. i just want them again cause i regret selling my original pair for 450 a week after i got them cause they were a little too big.. shoulda kept them. but still not a colorway i'm too big on. they're just cool for sentimental value to me.

tl;dr, you shouldn't cop  only  for a chance at the 3s as your odds are pretty low. but hey, basically every 1 in 10 people who cop will get a golden ticket.

Pass on everything 
laugh.gif

the militia gl3s looks pretty underwhelming.. its the undefeated colorway. idk how i feel about them. i like the 3.1 of that a little better just because it's even more underwhelming lol.

I honestly can't believe people say the mai's are hot. They look like some off the shelf Walmart sneaker a 60 year old would wear

I honestly can't believe people say the mai's are hot. They look like some off the shelf Walmart sneaker a 60 year old would wear

Said it days ago bro. RONNIE D riders.. no way would those be purchased if just released as the shoe.

Buying ish just to say it's kith...foh

Said it days ago bro. RONNIE D riders.. no way would those be purchased if just released as the shoe.

Buying ish just to say it's kith...foh

Whoa whoa whoa big fella.

People are entitled to opinions different from your own.

Just because someone thinks a shoe is ugly doesn't mean the 7th man over to the left or right does.

There's a female for every male - regardless of their look [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom