Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Just a question for you all. Are you guys liking the way Fieg is starting to put his name on his shoes and RF on the heels and so forth? I feel like it takes away from the shoe and he's starting to put himself before the shoe. Thoughts?

eh, im 50/50. i dont mind the branding on the clothing, but at the same time i dont like it when his logo/slogan is too big. i liked the little "KITH" logo on the pant leg of the bleeker sweats, but i wasnt a fan of how huge the logo was on the back of the hoodie. the "Just Us" on the puma discs are distasteful to me. in this situation its like hes trying to one up the original manufacture. i think the RF lace locks and branding on the laces of the Daytonas was just the right amount, without being over the top. it was nice that he gave people an option to remove the branding all together by removing the lace lock or switching laces. the fact the "Just Us" is embroidered on the toe box is too much. i feel like that'll turn off a lot of people, but then again there are Fieg beasts.

eh, im 50/50. i dont mind the branding on the clothing, but at the same time i dont like it when his logo/slogan is too big. i liked the little "KITH" logo on the pant leg of the bleeker sweats, but i wasnt a fan of how huge the logo was on the back of the hoodie. the "Just Us" on the puma discs are distasteful to me. in this situation its like hes trying to one up the original manufacture. i think the RF lace locks and branding on the laces of the Daytonas was just the right amount, without being over the top. it was nice that he gave people an option to remove the branding all together by removing the lace lock or switching laces. the fact the "Just Us" is embroidered on the toe box is too much. i feel like that'll turn off a lot of people, but then again there are Fieg beasts.
I agree with you!

But I must say if the red toe discs with the "just us" really are F&F as some people say, then I'd say it's fair enough (still distasteful), but again then he/they just solidify how elitist they are about that slogan and the whole "kith" concept

I went with my normal Mercer size instead of going TTS, but I am also sort of in between sizes. Lots of people went TTS as well with no issues.

when heads hashtag #justus on instagram, I get a chuckle.  

i wonder if people feel part of an exclusive gang just because they were able to buy a product from kith...

:rofl:

this dude RF is a genius for that. it plays perfectly into the entire hypebeast mentality, as he's used that exclusivity feeling to convince them to buy freaking asics running shoes they used to laugh at others for wearing... ya know, back when they had a mean collection consisting only of fugly foams and recent jordan retros just a year or two ago... :lol:

^^lol it's like RF knows that black midsoles are wack

he knows we want those pumas with white midsoles but he just not gonna release those and keep them friends and family only

like it or not this guy knows how hype works

Last edited:

^^lol it's like RF knows that black midsoles are wack

he knows we want those pumas with white midsoles but he just not gonna release those and keep them friends and family only

like it or not this guy knows how hype works
I personally think the black midsoles look better. The speckles just don't look great on the lighter soles. They could've done entirely without speckles, actually.

I will laugh at people pay resell from Paris to have it ship back to the states.. Save your money.. Well some of you that can normally cop on kith. The other 90% cries...

Just got my Camo Mercer's in a 32 today. Went TTS on them and they fit great. Glad I didn't size down because I have pretty big thighs and rear end. Very happy with the purchase.

Just a question for you all. Are you guys liking the way Fieg is starting to put his name on his shoes and RF on the heels and so forth? I feel like it takes away from the shoe and he's starting to put himself before the shoe. Thoughts?

i'm going to bring this up just for the sake of discussion (and i'll share my personal thoughts/opinion on the matter at the very end)...since you know, this is a "forum" for discussion and everything...

so just out of curiosity, does it stop any of you from purchasing a pair of shoes when lebron, kd, kobe, melo, iverson, d.rose, shaq, p.rod or any other athlete's name/logo is on a shoe from a sneaker brand (nike, jordan, adidas, etc.)?

now what about music artists/rappers that get their name or quotes, or their music label is on a shoe from a sneaker brand? examples include lupe fiasco, questlove, def jam, etc.

which brings us to designers whose name/logo is on a sneaker brand, does that stop any of you from purchasing shoes? yoji yamamoto, hiroshi/tinker/mark (aka "htm"), etc.

not to mention countless sneaker boutique or magazine or website names on shoes...

now if you answered "no" to any of the above, then why should it stop you from purchasing a shoe if it has "rf" logo (name of the designer) or "kith" logo (name of the boutique) or "just us" text (designer/boutique's motto) on it?

now personally, if it's not over done, like it was on this "24 kilates" collab pair of saucony's (in my personal opinion of course)...then i'm totally fine with it, and am all for it. i actually prefer to have some sort of call-out on shoes that a boutique, designer, or athlete takes part in, so that it's more "personalized" and gives the shoe some more life and story than just straight up color-blocking and/or material differences from what a sneaker brand puts out as general releases. for sneakers that i utilize purely for casual (and not performance) purposes, you'll almost always find me more likely to grab a pair of lebrons or d.roses than a pair of generic hyperdunks or crazyquicks. i would hazard a guess that for the vast majority of us...that most of our shoes that we own from the sneaker brands has some affiliation/association/endorser to it, whether it's an athlete, an artist, a designer, a boutique, etc.

anyways, that's just my 2 cents on this topic...as i'm not sure why folks are so bothered by this on these kith puma coa mints/corals/reds. i love the boutique/designer/motto branding elements on my pair of puma coves...i'd much rather have that than the standard "puma disc system"...

seriously though...prior to kith/rf's original "cove" and now these "coa" versions, how many of you actually have or even considered a pair of puma disc blazes?

Back
Top Bottom